rllmuk
Lorfarius

Atari Lynx Appreciation Thread

Got Shadow of the Beast elsewhere, but certainly I'd like Ninja Gaiden - 3 isn't very good.

I only ever play the same handful of games, though.  At least Awesome Golf might get some play time - think the others might just sit on the shelf.

Beast isn't very good but it's a hell of a showcase for the hardware.  I like Ninja Gaiden a lot - they were brave to port the arcade game.  Toki is one of the best games on the system IMO.  Superb graphics and sound, another real showcase.

Remember the Starforce Pi dude?  He's just consolised a Lynx and it looks fricking amazing.

https://starforcepi.wordpress.com/2018/09/02/the-atari-lynx-1-up/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/282545-consolized-atari-lynx-1-with-mcwill-vga-controller/

lynx_1up-15.jpg.ff823f4a6a851046c92e420fd7fcba93.jpg

lynx_1up-18.jpg.01b51f85aca5bd55795d61b3d845d175.jpg

Pretty rad. Lynx games look alright ona big (ish) screen, surprisingly enough.  I don't mind playing them on my CoinOps'd Xbox, hooked up to a CRT.

• Upvote 1

I've been showing my lynx some love recently since i did a mcwill mod, but one thing has bnothered me the last 29 years.  Can you do 5 spins in california games in surfing. Over the years i've came what i thought was close but never landed one.

Is it possible?

Very impressed by the quality of the packaging, cart and manual for Wyvern Tales.  There are already some bastards trying to flog it on eBay for £100, despite the fact you can buy it straight from the developer for less than half that.  The fucking retro scene man...

IMG_0187.thumb.JPG.84a493eb83893b459139ab8d435254d1.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

When clearing my parents house for sale five years ago, I came across a bunch of my old gaming stuff, and threw it in a box to be sorted later. Finally got round to looking through some of it yesterday, and behold, my Atari Lynx 2 is there with all the cartridges in a bag. Sadly no boxes, but I'm happy enough for now.

I've still to test it, so I may be jumping the gun here, but I was considering buying an AC adaptor for it. I can't remember if i had one before and lost it, or didn't actually own one (I spent 15 minutes looking for the GBA adaptor, only to remember I ran it on batteries).

Does it matter which adaptor I get (as long as it is labelled to work with the Lynx obviously)? Do I need to try to get hold of an official one?