IGNORED

Rare "Who Dares Wins" C64 cassette dilema ....

MikeBeaver

Thanks to the forum for urging me to auction it and not sell it beforehand :)

And yes, there will be about a mile of padding around it and fully insured for loss or damage, after the PC I posted to someone on HotUKdeals "broke" even though there wasn't any damage to the outer box, I am being very cautious about posting stuff.

Amazing! Just saw this in my ebay watching list. Is this the most expensive C64 game ever?

Well done too btw,

I am slightly kicking myself as there was a couple of C64's and a bin liner full of original tapes that I passed on this morning, I have a rule that if a seller wants me to make an offer and doesn't give any kind of inclination of how much he wants (or mentions eBay prices) I walk away, he would not tell me even a rough figure....so off I wandered, wont be happening again though.

I am slightly kicking myself as there was a couple of C64's and a bin liner full of original tapes that I passed on this morning, I have a rule that if a seller wants me to make an offer and doesn't give any kind of inclination of how much he wants (or mentions eBay prices) I walk away, he would not tell me even a rough figure....so off I wandered, wont be happening again though.

Yeah, I hate it when people say make me an offer then get offended by a realistic price.

Ooof that postage!

Yeah, I always reply with "what? You want me to be the buyer AND the seller?" dunno where I heard it, but thought it was amusing :P

The worst is always the "but I can get XXX on eBay for it" to which the response is usually less than friendly, if you want eBay money, fu*k off there and not a car boot.

Don't mind paying a fair price, but people do get offended when you offer them a reasonable price and it's not in their expectations.

Thanks mate, I nearly did the same, it was sat at £157 (I think) and with about 6 seconds to go it jumped to £440, good job I didn't have a mouth full of beer or I'd have spat it all over the laptop :P

Bloody eBay and their fee's though....£45 and some pennies once they have taken their cut :(

But I wouldn't have got anywhere near as much as I did if I hadn't used it, so I shouldn't complain (too much) :)

Well played on the sale OP. I have one of these in my collection - I paid around £50 for it probably eight or nine years ago now. Good to see I've made the odd wise investment here and there!

I'm not a collector of Commodore games, like I said a few posts back, I just happened to spot a bundle of tapes and thought I might be able to do something with them to get some extra funds for some old console games, turns out it has covered the £400 refund I had to give someone for a computer I sold that died in transit to them, so swings and roundabout's really, at least it will make the collector who bought it happier :)

If I ever come across another one though...straight on the shelf, lol :P

• 3 weeks later...

Well played on the sale OP. I have one of these in my collection - I paid around £50 for it probably eight or nine years ago now. Good to see I've made the odd wise investment here and there!

And I see you've listed it ! I'd do the same if I had it!

It's my kid's birthday, so I was wondering if you'd sell me it for £2 inc post kthx

Lol, had someone do that to me yesterday on something I was selling on Amazon, didn't think people did that sort of thing on there, guess it is getting everywhere :P