rllmuk
deKay

PC Engine

22 hours ago, Goemon said:

Spookily I got an RX recently and wanted to do the same thing. 

I contacted Old Skool consoles but he said he only does the RGB mod, which is strange as he is the official UK distributor for Tim Worthington mods, who does the booster AV-DRIVER mod. Could try pushing him on it...

http://www.oldskoolconsoles.com/

I haven’t confirmed yet but this guy might do it.

http://8bitplus.co.uk/

He does the RGB mod for the RX (although it’s the older version of the RGB) but when I contacted him seemed open to doing requests if I had my own RGB mod to send him. I never asked about the booster.

I haven’t gone any further as I was deciding if the RGB mod alone would be enough.

22 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Give Consolepassion a whirl, he used to do mods.

Thanks - I'll check them out.

• Upvote 1

Quick question

Ive been bought a pc engine for xmas by the missus and daughter. Now its not rgb modded so just Rf atm. Ive always ran my old consoles on a Sony KV-29 which has handled everything thrown at it.

Basically should i be able to get colour out of a standard RF connection? Considering that i used to run ntsc gamecubes via s-video no problem

It will get modded but they want to wrap it up and i dont fancy getting the soldering iron out on xmas day

Hard to say whether it will accept a 60hz RF signal (assuming it is actually a PCE and not one of those 50hz TG16s you can get). 

There's a mod-less RGB lead you can get these days. So you don't necessarily have to get the soldering iron out.

What's the best place to buy a cheap(ish) PC-Engine or Turbografx 16 these days?

Is anyone on here selling one?

I remember there was actually somewhere selling new old stock Turbografx 16's a few years ago - can't remember who they were to check now though.

Cheers...

2 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I'd likely be interested in one of these, as the PC Engine Scart lead I got doesn't work with my gscart switcher :(

PCE is composite only. Without a mod or external adaptor, at least. Looks like the GSCART is built for RGB only.

£37, link is upthread. Also, this guy is in the netherlands, and the posties are currently playing hardball, so...

I got the same rgb board as SeanR yesterday as well, and it looks superb on my Crt. Looks like i'm a happy camper over xmas now.

Although my rgb/comp switch seems to be the wrong way round, tries yours SeanR ?

IMG-20181231-220900.jpg

Finally got this all set up and running. I'm really liking the build quality of the Everdrive. The little return-to-menu button works a treat, too.

The external RGB video board it came with is equally awesome, if a little less exciting - sporting a perfectly clean picture with no dithering or dreaded jail bars.

• Upvote 2

On 02/01/2019 at 23:54, Fallows said:

IMG-20181231-220900.jpg

Finally got this all set up and running. I'm really liking the build quality of the Everdrive. The little return-to-menu button works a treat, too.

The external RGB video board it came with is equally awesome, if a little less exciting - sporting a perfectly clean picture with no dithering or dreaded jail bars.

The journey is only just beginning... just wait until you get the CD add on! By far the best CD add on released at the time with a massive library packed full of awesome games.

22 minutes ago, SeanR said:

found both my PCEs, all the games, and the controllers.

can I find the PSU?

Can I fuck.

Possibly you used another PSU...? You can use the PSU from the Megadrive 1

• Upvote 1

which means it's probably the PSU for my RGB SCART to HDMI upscaler. Huzzah!

On 22/12/2018 at 19:12, SeanR said:

Not yet. Navigating the garage in the dark. I should know exactly where it I, but I wanna use my upscaler too, so need to find the psu for it

now I just need to find the upscaler again.

My garage is like an onion...

13 hours ago, SeanR said:

which means it's probably the PSU for my RGB SCART to HDMI upscaler. Huzzah!

now I just need to find the upscaler again.

My garage is like an onion...

As soon as you open it up, you start to weep uncontrollably?

wp_ss_20190105_0001.thumb.png.59e9fdca7fd991d0715ca1cb41575961.png

yep,

in this photo is...

my neogeo collection

my PCE collection

and ps2, 360, and Saturn hardware.

behind that front row are the console boxes, and behind that the empty cases of the stolen games.

Ok,does anyone know what this means? Ive tried the Duo-r with the arcade card in and without. Is it something to do with backup ram or a system card?

pc eng bomb (2).jpg

did a search and as before i forgot how to get into the ram settings. Therefore, to remind myself in the future its hold run + select

top option is to see saves to delete, 2nd is to format the memory and 3rd is return.

thanks for the reply btw

this came up in my FB memories feed

Spoiler

18517931_10154281835686486_2660248257904

I should get around to requesting some more stuff. I only just noticed the DUO-Rs and the briefcase in that photo...

what would a super Grafx offer over my core grafix I and II?

Supergrafx would offer access to the 5 dedicated SGX games (the best of which arguably being 1941 and Ghouls n' Ghosts), better quality video output (if modded and / or used with an SDSS3) and owning a machine that literally looks like an engine.

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

what would a super Grafx offer over my core grafix I and II?

just

look

at

it

• Upvote 1