Batman: Arkham Knight

You should have bought a bone then: Sony have always been shit on releasing things to a schedule, and third party games during console transitions are always a bit meh.

He means PC. Unless you want to play Forza moneyhats edition. As an owner of every single console except the Bone, PC is where it's at this year.

The city makes me wish we had a new, proper Syndicate game (yeah I know, satellite reign).

I know Gotham is a bit too gothic for that, but the whole permanent night, rain, and neon evokes the same feel.

Someone should do an openworld cyberpunk game in this engine.

My word that looks absolutely stunning!! The detail in the City as Batman moved through it was spectacular. The Arkham games were already top of their game in terms of managing the feel of The Batman but everything this gameplay slice looks to be raising the bar even further.

And yes that fear takedown looks immense. The way the player seamlessly moves between all the elements of the section on show is gorgeous. I was already super hyped for this but I am now confused as to what to do with myself before this comes out!

• 1 month later...

New Batman: Arkham Knight story DLC appears to have been leaked ahead of an official announcement due later on Wednesday.

Batman News has been sent the image below, which advertises a 'Red Hood Story Pack' as a GameStop pre-order bonus.

At the same time, the retailer is teasing plans to make a "big announcement for a big game" on Wednesday, with a blurred out image which appears to match the one sent to Batman News.

image_323012_fit_940.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great that Rocksteady's got the extra time to polish it, but Batman is about as far as a summer game as you can get! Won't be able to see shit with the sun blaring thorugh the windows.

Playing through Arkham City on a cold October / November was class :)

Pretty much.

Because of this I won't buy it until at least November 2015. Ha!

The Special Editions

I can't see them up for preorder anywhere yet but I bet they are going to cost an eye watering amount of money for what will no doubt be some low quality statues.

Whilst all previous evidence does point to that, the batmobile one actually looks rather ace in that picture. Not pre-ordering it until it's been seen in real-life though.