Jimmy Shedders

Batman: Arkham Knight

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/batman_arkham_origins/news/batman_arkham_knight_announced_for_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html

New Arkham game by Rocksteady confirmed!
Let's all try and forget about Origins and look forward to this instead.

"Rocksteady has revealed Batman: Arkham Knight, the next game in the Batman: Arkham series heading to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC later this year.
The game was revealed in a listing on GAME's website and is expected to be formally announced in today's issue of Game Informer.
According to GAME's listing, Arkham Knight is the "explosive finale" to the Arkham series, and sees return to face "the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever."
The game will also introduce "Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City."
A pre-order bonus will also let players play as Harley Quinn across four exclusive Challenge Maps, gaining access to her unique weapons and abilities."

• Upvote 3

Finally after the disappointment with Origins I can't wait for this. Day One :)

Never did restart Origins again after losing a 20 hour game save due to corruption. Hopefully it will come to PS+ soon.

• Upvote 1

I know it wasn't Rocksteady, but the last Arkham game was full of crippling game ending bugs and WB said they weren't going to bother fixing them and and would focus on paid DLC instead. Don't really feel like rewarding a publisher that's willing to treat customers like that.

Driveable Batmobile I'm actually not too sure about to be honest... It could mean a lot of empty big map with those not very emergent events continually respawning or it could mean awesomeness to the level of Batman the Movie on the Amiga where you used your batrope to swing yourself around corners.

Still day one though, return of scarecrow with next gen powers could (and should) mean some more of those very cool levels where you start tripping.

sddVDsn.jpg

Hardly a massive re-invention of the Batmobile. I'm with Nap on this. I'd much rather they went back to the template for AA than carry on with the open world stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As far as I'm concerned they ditch the whole open world stuff and go back to the Metroidvania like structure of the first game.

Since you can drive the Batmobile and it says "the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City", I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

But don't worry on your journey between missions you'll encounter all kinds of emergent unique gameplay experiences such as beating up a group of thugs or perhaps beating up a different group of thugs wearing slightly different clothes!

• Upvote 4

I loved Arkham Asylum.

Arkham City was pretty fun and even the superior game in some ways but just didn't have that 'Lightning in a bottle' feel like the first one.

I didn't bother with Origins because of the word of mouth regarding bugs and sloppiness. It just stunk of the publisher cashing in, chucking it to the first studio that passed by.

So for this one, I'll wait for the thread, specifically a couple of weeks after it's come out and any hype has died down a bit...and I still won't buy it because I don't have a PS4.

What am I doing in here?

Bye.

• Upvote 2

So definitely not for ps3/x360?

Not that I mind, but isn't that severely limiting their potential sales?

I think the audience for this sort of game will have moved on - PS3/360 sales have been rapidly declining since the release of the next-gen offerings. Thank God the game won't be needlessly held back.

• Upvote 3

So definitely not for ps3/x360?

Not that I mind, but isn't that severely limiting their potential sales?

I prefer it not to be tbh. I want a fully next gen game, not this half hearted stuff. This is probably the reason I'll be buying a PS4 or Xbox One.

• Upvote 3

If they can make the world as large as something like GTA V, fleshed out with enough events and diversity to keep it entertaining I can't see why it won't be a day 1 for me :)

Arkham city didnt do much for me, felt too sprawling not as tight as Arkham Asylum... too much stuff to do and felt I had no focus whereas in Asylum there were hubs and structure but it still felt open.

However I might suffer the open world stuff if the scarecrow is used as inventively as he was in Asylum, really loved that stuff.

so if they are insisting on open world then I'll have a hybrid of Asylum and City with a big dose of Scarecrow from Asylum

ta