IGNORED

Dishonored 2

Moz

On 11/7/2016 at 19:04, Flub said:

K has just reminded me that I have the game coming on Thursday and I haven't watched a single trailer yet.

If anyone starts playing the original on PC and has crashing issues note the following.

If you don't have the story dlc installed you need to set the main binary to run in Windows 8 mode to correct the crashes.

If you then later install the dlc and it starts crashing upon launch remove the compatibility settings.

With the review embargo I'd avoid the PC version like the plague unless you've preordered with Steam and can get a refund. It shouldn't be bad but you never know. And things like that don't instill confidence.

1 hour ago, Colonel Panic said:

Steam page for this mentions Denovo anti tamper as 3rd party DRM. Is it shit enough to warrant getting the PS4 version instead?

I don't get the problem with Denuvo, other than it being DRM. You won't know it's there unless you see it listed on a store page, and I've never experienced any performance problems that can be attributed to it beyond speculation on forums.

57 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I recall a time when Xbox 360 patches were usually about 5-10 meg!

I think MS actually set strict limits on them. At the time 360 was so much better than PS3, which had ridiculously slow download speeds, huge patches and you couldn't background download patches and launch the game anyway. Nightmare.

Anyway, I've got this coming from Boomerang rentals. I would have bought it but I'm not rewarding their crappy "not-sending out copies unless you're a shill" policy.

2 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Bethesda should be slapped hard for their ludicrous day one and onwards patch sizes.

20 quidder now out of principle

Beyond that Bethesda is a horrible company anyway. Just ask Human Head and Obsidian.

There's a playthrough of the first hour on Gamespot. Appears to run pretty poorly on PS4, though they're installing as they play. Framerate looks like low 20s with lots of hitching, which might be due to install running in the background. The environments look nice, the voice delivery for Corvo is garbage.

No one should be under the impression that anyone is getting this "a day early" for preordering. The game is basically just out today. 

All physical copies have been sent out and it's avaliable to walk into a shop and buy today even if you're the sort of daring individual who doesn't preorder games in 2016.

spent a couple of hours on the pc version running through steam, not had any technical problems whatsover.

Looks absolutely superb, love the art style its very unique and distinctive like a digital painting thats alive if that makes sense? Not far in obviously but the scope to tackle the game is up to you with a massive amount of variety to do so.

If you enjoyed the first game then this is a no brainer

7 hours ago, Dave White said:

spent a couple of hours on the pc version running through steam, not had any technical problems whatsover.

Looks absolutely superb, love the art style its very unique and distinctive like a digital painting thats alive if that makes sense? Not far in obviously but the scope to tackle the game is up to you with a massive amount of variety to do so.

If you enjoyed the first game then this is a no brainer

What spec machine are you running?

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Have fun @Cosmic_Guru but to  be honest I was hoping you'd go for Tyranny instead. Love to know what you'd make of it and I'm still wondering whether I should go for it myself.

Tyranny's just come at a very congested time - Skyrim playing as a sorcerer / battle mage was totally rocking my boat until the recent patch put a (temporary I hope) spanner in the works.  Now these two games....

Shame really, since 2016 has been distinctly underwhelming for console / PC  RPGs (other than DS III on the action RPG side of things and The Technomancer which has been patched a few times and is on sale currently).

8 hours ago, sandman said:

Anyone know if its better on PS4 or bone yet??

There seems to be one area that everyone is noticing, as you approach the first level by boat (and you can see an entire city) and the framerate tanks.

Once you are int he level it performs much as the original did.

The Xbox One version hasn't had any kind of patch to it, I'm on that version