Panel de Pon DS

WarioWare D.I.Y.

Picross 3D

Wi-Fi Taiou Yakuman DS

Nintendo DSi-ware games

Ah Mujou Setsuna

Card Hero: Speed Battle Custom

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!

Ide Yousuke no Kenkou Mahjong

Chotto Suujin Taisen

Photo stand tsuki Band Brothers DX Radio

Wii games

And-Kensaku

Excitebots

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

Forever Blue

Forever Blue: Umi no Yobigoe

Wii Music

Zangeki no Reginleiv

Tact of Magic

Battalion Wars 2

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Mario Sports Mix

Mario and Sonic at the Beijing Olympics

Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics

Mario and Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics

Mario Strikers Charged

Mario Kart Wii

Minna no Joushiki Katerebi

The Last Story

Animal Crossing: City Folk

So no more Pokémon trades online. No more downloadable puzzles in Layton which were a fairly massive chunk of each game.

What was the online like in DQIX? Can I go download everything to play later or would I need to beat the game before May to get the most out of it?

I was going to post question about the Wii actually, this thread kind of confirms some of it.

Ive not plugged the thing in for about 2 years.

Will the Internet and iPlayer etc still work? as it might be ok for a casual gaming box thingy under the TV

I couldn't get DS games online on my 3DS, but this still feels like a bit of a kick. Surely there are still loads of DS players left in the wild?

Yeah, my friend started playing Pokémon on DS literally three days ago with a view to trading and building a perfect team, etc. She now has three months and has decided it's not worth bothering.

According to CVG, this shutdown is Japan and Australia only. Also, these will still work:

• Internet Channel
  • Nintendo DS Browser
  • Nintendo DSi Browser
  • Nintendo DSi Shop
  • Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Pay & Play
  • Wii Shop Channel
  • YouTube

This is ridiculous to be perfectly honest. I'd like to see the statistics for the amount of people who still play these games online. This is an obvious 'get people to buy a wiiu to play Nintendo games online' tactic. I still play Mario kart Wii online a couple of times a week. Gutted isn't even the word :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is ridiculous to be perfectly honest. I'd like to see the statistics for the amount of people who still play these games online. This is an obvious 'get people to buy a wiiu to play Nintendo games online' tactic. I still play Mario kart Wii online a couple of times a week. Gutted isn't even the word :(

I streetpass a decent amount of people still playing Pokémon Black and White (and 2)

I streetpass a decent amount of people still playing Pokémon Black and White (and 2)

So do I, but that doesn't mean they're playing it online. For all we know barely anyone is.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So do I, but that doesn't mean they're playing it online. For all we know barely anyone is.

Well no of course, but you have to figure that people at least want the choice. Like I could play DQIX offline if I wanted, but I'd rather have the choice to access to the content that otherwise I'm not going to have access to.

I would say it is a shame but I've already been without ds wifi for years anyway because the ds phat doesn't connect to most modern routers I have come across.

Also I'm amazed this is dying before games for windows live.

Hmm - no Monster Hunter?

Servers are already turned off (late April 2013)

Its a shame but not unexpected, all other game companies do the say so was to be expected.

Edit:

If this was EA switching off servers there would be way more outrage and less reasoning.

AGREE :)

If this was EA switching off servers there would be way more outrage and less reasoning.

I'm more annoyed about this. EA turning off the servers for Fifa 09 or what have you is a bit more understandable. This seems like a cynical move on Nintendo's part to get people to cash out for newer systems and games. Some of these games aren't that old and I'd imagine are still played online by a fair number of people.

• Upvote 1

Really annoying. I'm going to have to go and dig out all the Layton games from the loft to make sure they've got all the puzzles downloaded. I tend to play Pokemon games over a very long period, so still haven't got around to Back or White. I'm going to have to take Animal Crossing Wild World online one last time.

It really shouldn't be that costly to keep servers running for small numbers of players.

Given that Mario Kart Wii is probably still pretty popular (it is the most recent home console MK game) it is a shame to see it being cut off. The DS Pokemon games must still have some usage too; IME plenty of kids use the cheap NDS rather than the 3DS. A lot of those games probably barren online though. Advance Wars: DoR, although great fun online, was pretty empty just a couple of months after launch.

It seems disappointing that Nintendo are doing this given that they still support the Wii through the Wii U, and the DS through the 3DS. In my view if a manufacturer is still making machines which run the software, they should also be providing the infrastructure needed to play the game online.

• Upvote 3