rllmuk
Comrade

Silicon Valley

I like it, but I rarely laugh out loud at it. I'm like that with most comedies tbh, it takes something brilliant like pnr series 2-3 to make me laugh all the way through an episode.

I'm only watching this because my friend keeps going on about it, but I just don't get it. I've just watched episodes 3-6 back to back (season 3) and didn't raise a smile, let alone a laugh. It doesn't help that I hate Richard, but whereas Erlich and Jared had their moments previously, they've both had little to work with this season. Very disappointed with it.

Jared?

Finally got around to watching S3. So good. I know it has been mentioned that they are in perpetual crisis but that doesn't bother me, it is still engaging and most importantly of all, genuinely funny.

'He's in the garage like a sad bag of potting soil' is my fave line from this series. And Ehrlich's introduction to Action Jack :lol:

More please! 

Anyone watched episode 1 then?

I enjoyed it but i perhaps thinks it's running out of steam. Also Richard.. he is a bit of a dick right? (I guess he has always been).

Surely he should stick with the whole video chat thing and then use the money to fund something else? Sure I understand he isn't enjoying that as much as his own projects but still.. be logical. Also

He wants to create a new internet? Like the dark web/tor? Nothing new there. Also, didn't PS3 already do this cluster thing and I think computers/mobiles have already done at some point to?.

Just seems a bit lame.

• Upvote 2

It seems that they have hit the reset button on the entire series at this point and the pied piper story has run its course. I still like it, mostly because it reminds me a lot of the company I work for, and I worked for a Hooli equivalent at one point too.

Spoiler

Especially about "promoting" executives to a non-job where they are then expected to leave or die of boredom - that happens all the time in our place.

Richard can be a dick, but there's something interesting about someone trying to achieve their specific vision but I had similar thoughts to your spolier-tagged comments but I'm not particularly bothered about it, they just need a vehicle for him to do his own thing.

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but one of the writers, Dan Lyons, released a book called "Disrupted" which is about his time at Hubspot, some of the stories are even more ridiculous than Silicon Valley.

My favourite bit was the lack of protest when

Spoiler

Richard said he insisted on keeping the name Pied Piper

The start was really funny too.

• Upvote 1

His idea is a free internet utilising mobiles and peer to peer networking. Had a similar idea myself before but privacy issues would be horrendous.

Great start to the new season.  I'm glad they are taking it in a new direction.  There are not many comedies that can make me laugh out loud these days, glad this is still one of them.

Monika's new office had me laughing the most. I absolutely love the series.

Check out some of the merch available, the are some quite subtle t-shirts 

Great epsiode this week.

Spoiler

Dinesh killing it as the CEO.

"Which answer gets more of that stuff in your hair?"

"Oculus, Oculus, Oculus..."

"Octopus"

"Now Carl, you said the new sign-in page made you nervous. Did anyone else feel nervous?"

• Upvote 2

This is wonderful as always. Laughed all the way through the opening two episodes.

And delighted it is pretty much out around the same time in the UK as in the US.

caught up with episodes 1-3 in a single sitting last night and laughed like crazy.

"No, Octopus. Eight Recipes."

Jarrod turning his phone sideways to see the COPPA fine.

The offscreen sound of a champagne cork popping, then cut to Gilfoyle

"you'd better have a good lawyer" "He works at a car wash down the street"

• Upvote 1

i watched episode one but i think im going to leave it till all episodes are out and binge watch them all. too much tv on at the moment anyways. Glad to hear its good though!

12 hours ago, Mentazm said:

Was funniest episode in ages.

Definitely. I love the show but it does sometimes vary in quality but the last episode was one of the funniest yet. Jian Yang just cracks me up.

this weeks was very funny, and still laughing at the scene with the the focus group at the end a couple of eps ago.

I always enjoy it but definitely some more laughs in recent eps