IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

13 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

Yeah, not trying to be a dick or anything but that looks like shit, like something built on Blue Peter after the apocalypse ... It's made of chipboard and drainpipes...

Yeah, I'm only messing. Although currently I'll be using my armchair and our old fold-up dining room table, so I wanted something a bit better suited that didn't cost the earth.

22 minutes ago, Coolcongo said:

wonder what driveclub  vr is like with a dualshock.

I imagine its like having the best steak you can imagine, a ribeye cooked to a wonderful medium rare, with triple cooked chips, and bone marrow gravy.....And then covering the whole thing in tomato ketchup.

1 hour ago, sir shrew said:

They should probably have a cast-iron way to prevent this from happening before producing a consumer-level product - otherwise the poor word-of-mouth will kill VR. .

There is no cast iron way, frame rate and design have impacts on it. Which is why Sony mandate certain technical requirements to release a game.

Just to make it more fun, its a spectrum some people are more prone to VR sickness than others. At the extreme some people will never get sick in VR, some people might always get sick in VR. But that's the extreme and of the spectrum say less than 1% of people.

22 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

I imagine its like having the best steak you can imagine, a ribeye cooked to a wonderful medium rare, with triple cooked chips, and bone marrow gravy.....And then covering the whole thing in tomato ketchup.

21 minutes ago, Soo Denim said:

There is no cast iron way, frame rate and design have impacts on it. Which is why Sony mandate certain technical requirements to release a game.

Just to make it more fun, its a spectrum some people are more prone to VR sickness than others. At the extreme some people will never get sick in VR, some people might always get sick in VR. But that's the extreme and of the spectrum say less than 1% of people.

Interesting that Oculus have also just released a complete reprojection solution to target machines of lower capability, and reddit/oculus are going nuts over it (in a positive way).

16 minutes ago, murray said:

Or do what I did to my girlfriend at uni once. Instead of holding the Tesco bag she was being sick in, I just put the handles over her ears and made a sandwich.

Much better for everyone concerned.

19ae4bb3d29ce8af83dddad3c834ed57.jpg