IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

11 minutes ago, Soo Denim said:

That's not what causes VR sickness. It's a subconscious decision made by your brainfailing a double check test. Your brain is constantly checking the horizon viewed by your eye and felt in your inner ear. At its simplest form if you tip your head to the right. Your brain "sees" the horizon tip with your eyes and "feels" it with your ears. As both inputs say tip you feel fine. 

In VR if the game tips the horizon but your head is straight your brain gets a conflicting report. Eyes are saying tip, ear is saying straight. At which point your brain starts to freak out. If you have a continued conflict of inputs eyes vs ears then our bodies conclude one thing. That basically we've eaten something poisonous and that's why are eyes and ears are conflicting. Effectively the body things we've ingested something poisons. At which point the body defends itself by making you vomit to get the poison out of you. 

Nature, fuck YEAH!

1 hour ago, Sng said:

The following demos should be on the US store today:

Batman: Arkham VR

PlayStation VR Worlds (two new experiences)

Rigs Mechanized Combat League

Bound

Harmonix Music VR

Carnival Games

Thumper

Awesome. Time to get the old US account back up. Where did you read this?

45 minutes ago, Danster said:

A Star Wars game? Where?

43 minutes ago, Sng said:

Battlefront. It's just going to be a free downloadable VR mission for it. Bit cheeky of Sony to push it like it's a full game but it's meant to be really good.

I played this back at Gamescom and it was absolutely amazing :D 

34 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

I've cancelled my trial slot for tomorrow - can't be arsed travelling half an hour to try one and don't fancy the risk of motion sickness for my trouble.

But you're still buying one day one yeah?

1 hour ago, Soo Denim said:

In VR if the game tips the horizon but your head is straight your brain gets a conflicting report. Eyes are saying tip, ear is saying straight. At which point your brain starts to freak out. If you have a continued conflict of inputs eyes vs ears then our bodies conclude one thing. That basically we've eaten something poisonous and that's why are eyes and ears are conflicting. Effectively the body things we've ingested something poisons. At which point the body defends itself by making you vomit to get the poison out of you. 

Surely Big Pharma have missed a huge opportunity here for including industrial quantities of travel sickness drugs in PSVR bundles?

10 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

You really need something you can angle towards you otherwise you have to sit bolt upright on the sofa which gets a bit uncomfortable after a while.

9 minutes ago, geldra said:

Eve Valkyrie is in the £40 bracket of games?! Seems rather expensive based on vids I've seen, is it really that substantial? 

It looks to me like the sort of game that would be in that bracket even without the VR.  Not 100% sure of the size of it though.

9 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

You really need something you can angle towards you otherwise you have to sit bolt upright on the sofa which gets a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Yeah good point, only had a quick look, there may be something out there that would be more similar without costing too much though.

25 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Someone linked to a Playstation magazine that came with an extra VR supplement earlier in the thread. Just put that under the back legs of the table.