PlayStation VR

17 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Got my email through from Amazon today confirming that I'm getting it on 13 October, yay.

I'm guessing this is going to be like that Mario 64 moment when everything changed. That or it'll be placed on Ebay the next day. 

Weird you use that example, the Vive allows you to change the "waiting room" world.  When I first put on my VR I'm literally standing in front of the castle from Mario 64 :)

4 hours ago, LaveDisco said:

I think the processor box is their smartest move. VR could be killed by the social exclusion it creates. How can someone sit in the living room cut off from everyone else in the house? Adapting the output for the TV, to bring people along with the user is so needed. Watching my partner play PT is probably my gaming highlight on my PS4. A similar experience watching her in VR, would be The Greatest Thing. 

Add in the ability for the external viewers to control the scares and you have a system seller.

This.  The Vive allows this before and virtually everything spits either the left eye or a combined view back onto the PC's screen as well as the VR headset and it's made social VR sessions for me, especially in the likes of Pierhead Arcade or Nvidia's VR Funhouse.

16 minutes ago, Sng said:

Also, buy two and save 50% - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/buy-any-two-save-50/cid=STORE-MSF75508-MBINDIE16

Includes some VR games.

EDIT: Oh just Entwined I think.

oh entwined is VR? nice I have that already

EDIT - just on the store and searched from driveclub VR and it gives me option to buy it for 15.99 but I don't think I have the season pass (how do I tell that?) and I cant see the 34.99 option only other option says not avaialbe for purchase.

EDIT EDIT - ok on March 18th I paid £7.99 and it shows I have the DriveClub VR season pass. I have no memory of buying it but was there a cheap sale on then? I only have an entry for Driveclub Season Pass from 18th March and PS+ edition that Expired in July this year. So does that mean I bought it for 7.99 and that included game and season pass?

11 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

It's a known issue. Should be covered by the whole 6 year EU warranty thing. 

EU warranty is 2 years. You are thinking of Consumer Act which can be upto 6 years and says the goods should be free of inherent defects for a reasonable period. You have to prove that is an inherent defect but in this instance I think it is a well known fault.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

it supercedes the EU legislation as it is "better"

I've never felt so conflicted towards a game/ console release.

I am sooo hyped for VR, especially Battlezone however for a £450 outlay I'm worried that I'll find the motion sickness either means I can't play games at all or I can only play for short periods of time. As much as i'm really excited for a day one purchase part of me is considering waiting until I can at least use the thing.

Listening to the Giantbomb stream they aren't exactly making me feel that my fears are unjustified. Lots of comment on the tracking being inconsistent.

This Giant Bomb stream already showcasing the problems with the hardware tracking is moving my mouse cursor towards the pre-order cancel button. As an Occulus owner, I already that these will be the things that will mess you up. They really should have ditched the move stuff for more modern, accurate tech.

17 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

This Giant Bomb stream already showcasing the problems with the hardware tracking is moving my mouse cursor towards the pre-order cancel button. As an Occulus owner, I already that these will be the things that will mess you up. They really should have ditched the move stuff for more modern, accurate tech.

It's not just them that are having the same tracking issues too. 

9 minutes ago, Keenor said:

Watching the GB stream and so far this looks really disappointing. Got mine preordered with Amazon for 13th but will be cancelling. Was so hyped, but this just looks a bit shit.

Not sure why you're surprised, 90% of VR stuff for PC has looked fun for all of about five minutes and then something you'll never play again.