IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

1 hour ago, dood said:

Can't wait to see how people feel having spent an additional 200 quid on all the driving stuff only to discover VR driving games are a little bit annoying after a while because you can't look into the distance properly... :ph34r:

Does your dad work at Sony or something? You're so negative. 

Oh that preview sounds promising, especially the bit about feeling like the car is moving, the VR driving I've done definitely lacks in that regard.  That's probably the weirdest initial thing when doing VR driving, if you drive in real life, your body will hunch / brace itself subconsciously, you'll notice all the times you lean / move in your chair.. finding yourself pushing against expected forces that aren't there is a bit of a funny feeling :D

They still don't really talk about the thing I mentioned though.  VR works really well when you're not focusing on a small area.  If you look too hard / long at something, especially if it's small, you become quite aware of the chunky pixels, it can kinda spoil the magic. This can happen in something like a driving game - where you'll often be focused hard on a point in the distance, or in something like elite - where you sometimes end up struggling to read small fonts.   All the wondrous close up details make up for it, mind.

I'm just being annoying and trying to 'help' but it's probably not working!  Maybe I should shut up. 

17 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

Does your dad work at Sony or something? You're so negative. 

I'm just bitter because I did the same compulsive buying of things around rift dk2 time, and then was gutted driving games suffer that problem! 

13 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I think the amusing part is that those sounding words of caution think we don't know the risks. It is a £350 - £440 (depending on camera and move controllers) addon in a world where addons don't sell and even if they do (Kinect) the software support dies a death.

But it is VR FFS! it will probably crash and burn like every other addon but in the meantime we get to have VR FFS!

It is like we bought tickets for the Poseidon cruise, it cost a fortune and in this instance we might sink but we are going have a big party and cocktails until the ship capsizes* :D (millenials may need a more recent comparison :) )

OOH what about a Poseidon Adventure VR experience/game!

* if you can equate partying and cocktails to sitting on your own with headset and headphones on blocking out the real world for a world of fantasy to escape the day to day meaningless trudge towards death

I'm just trying to adjust expectations a little.  You'll be prepared come launch! 

.. Sorry :(

35 minutes ago, dood said:

I'm just bitter because I did the same compulsive buying of things around rift dk2 time, and then was gutted driving games suffer that problem! 

We don't want out excitment dulled, it's our turn on the hype train now!

Choo Choo! 

Apologies, I haven't followed this at all so a few questions - 

When is it out, is it today (just looked on Very and that says December)?

Do you need the camera and Move controller aswell as the headset, meaning a total cost of around £500?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Do you need the camera and Move controller aswell as the headset, meaning a total cost of around £500?

Thanks!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/03/playstation-vr-the-ultimate-faq/

11 minutes ago, Pavey said:

When is it out, is it today (just looked on Very and that says December)? 13th October

Do you need the camera Yes and Move controller for some games yes, although apparently two dual shock lights can be used aswell as the headset, meaning a total cost of around £500?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Hean Dog said:

The Driveclub DF review is definitely promising, but talk of pop up, no weather, less lighting effects, reduced field size etc already have my wallet twitching for the Neo. 

I don't know if this will be improved by PS4Plus - @Rushy any comment?

19 minutes ago, Hean Dog said:

also if you are just ordering today you will be looking at December at the earliest anyway.

This isn't true, Shopto still have bundles available and my local Game are still guaranteeing stock for 13th October.

43 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Thanks!

You need the camera. You don't need the move controllers, although every game I've used them with has made the experience miles better.

12 minutes ago, strider said:

You need the camera. You don't need the move controllers, although every game I've used them with has made the experience miles better.

Presumably for things like Rigs, Battle zone, Rez, Eve Valkyrie it doesn't make much difference?

22 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

This isn't true, Shopto still have bundles available and my local Game are still guaranteeing stock for 13th October.

On this -- I still haven't managed to confirm with Shopto, but based on how they usually work and a tweet they sent out to someone about 48 hours ago, the bundles are still day one, it's just the headset by itself that's not.

Just in case anyone's scrolling through and it's not clear.

Put a pre-order in there too, now, so surely someone will get it to me on the right day. EXCITED.

8 minutes ago, StephenM said:

On this -- I still haven't managed to confirm with Shopto, but based on how they usually work and a tweet they sent out to someone about 48 hours ago, the bundles are still day one, it's just the headset by itself that's not.

Just in case anyone's scrolling through and it's not clear.

Put a pre-order in there too, now, so surely someone will get it to me on the right day. EXCITED.

Whatever the case, come launch day this will be a familiar scene...

1 hour ago, dood said:

You get the same problem with project cars supersampled on the CV1?