IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

2 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Can someone confirm you can use the dual shocks as move controllers?

i just don't know how that would work with the move controller intended to be 360 degrees and the dualshock 180 in terms of view on the light.

im going to hold off buying the controllers because I don't see the value right now but I'm worried I'll be frantically ordering some the moment I realise this VR thing is incredible and start imagining how much better it would be if I had them.

They should be £50 a pair really. The decision to price them up to 70 quid might just split the market enough  to dictate how developers design their games. I'm guessing it'll be 85% dualshock driven by this time next year. 

I ordered a pair of second hand PS3 Move controllers from CEX yesterday, £15 each. I was just about to find the link for you and it appears they've doubled the price and categorised them as PS4 accessories since yesterday. :/

14 minutes ago, Couk said:

I ordered a pair of second hand PS3 Move controllers from CEX yesterday, £15 each. I was just about to find the link for you and it appears they've doubled the price and categorised them as PS4 accessories since yesterday. :/

Wow, that sucks. Although I can now get £10 more credit with them than what I paid.

Sony really need to bring the price of them down. It's crazy that in the US for $100 extra you get a camera, 2 move controllers and PS VR worlds. 

Nearly!......nope! , can't do it. I can't pay £60 for move controllers. I guess the games that require it are going to lose out.

i think I'd much rather take that £60 and spunk it on a bunch of games.

Tumble VR for £7.99 looks like £7.99 of fun so I'll just buy a bunch of games like that to begin with.

38 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Nearly!......nope! , can't do it. I can't pay £60 for move controllers. I guess the games that require it are going to lose out.

i think I'd much rather take that £60 and spunk it on a bunch of games.

Tumble VR for £7.99 looks like £7.99 of fun so I'll just buy a bunch of games like that to begin with.

Motion controllers add a HUGE amount to the Vive and Rift...haven't tried the PSVR with move yet, but as someone who is about to plonk down almost £200 for \touch controllers and having tried the Vive at length I would say IMHO motion controllers are pretty much essential for me.

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Motion controllers add a HUGE amount to the Vive and Rift...haven't tried the PSVR with move yet, but as someone who is about to plonk down almost £200 for \touch controllers and having tried the Vive at length I would say IMHO motion controllers are pretty much essential for me.

The Dualshock will do a bit of motion control - they've got a light bar. It's also unlikely that your first set of PS VR games will really need the Move, in the same way that your first set of Rift games aren't reliant on Touch.

The price of all this stuff is just ludicrous.  Add-ons generally fail anyway and VR is just super expensive and cumbersome (you don't even get all the bits you need in the box).  And there doesn't seem to be any form of killer app on the horizon either.   Logic tells me this isn't going to succeed.

I want one though.

Oh it will be likely a huge faliure. But I'm going down with the ship. It's VR! Childhood me has wanted it ever since Craig Charles used a vertical keyboard to turn one on.

Also, I'm feeling pretty smug I bought two move controllers and a camera back when they announced the PSVR. It was £60, new, for the lot.

42 minutes ago, footle said:

The Dualshock will do a bit of motion control - they've got a light bar. It's also unlikely that your first set of PS VR games will really need the Move, in the same way that your first set of Rift games aren't reliant on Touch.

I think the official stance at the moment is that all PSVR games must be playable with an ordinary Dual Shock 4 pad, no exceptions. I imagine that will soften over time though.

22 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

for 349 pounds it should come with the Move Controllers in the box at the very least.

In fact, the amount of crap you need to get the thing up an running is ludicrous.  I find that processor box laughable! 

im out still.

I think the processor box is their smartest move. VR could be killed by the social exclusion it creates. How can someone sit in the living room cut off from everyone else in the house? Adapting the output for the TV, to bring people along with the user is so needed. Watching my partner play PT is probably my gaming highlight on my PS4. A similar experience watching her in VR, would be The Greatest Thing. 

Add in the ability for the external viewers to control the scares and you have a system seller.

1 hour ago, footle said:

It's also unlikely that your first set of PS VR games will really need the Move, in the same way that your first set of Rift games aren't reliant on Touch.

I can foresee it working the other way with move functionality becoming less essential with time.  

Additional ,  high cost,  optional peripherals for an optional peripheral just seem like a great way to fragment an already niche user base so,  given how much Move could add to the  VR experience,  it's a real shame that at least one is not included as standard. 

8 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Sony really need to bring the price of them down. It's crazy that in the US for $100 extra you get a camera, 2 move controllers and PS VR worlds. 

I didn't know that. Even with the pound at its current low that is the camera and most of that game for free compared to UK prices. Still steep but not ludicrously so.. 

I still have an order open although my interest is waning by the day  so I'll need to see how the reviews and impressions are today. I know it'll be initially awesome but, similarly,  I also know it'll be gathering dust in a months time.. 

29 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I still have an order open, although my interest is waning by the day,  so I'll see how the reviews and impressions are today. I know it'll be initially awesome but, similarly,  I also know it'll be gathering dust in a months time.. 

I think they hype and low stock will mean you can shift it in a months time with minimal/no loss. That's pretty much the only thing making me keep my preorder. I'm only buying smaller games that aren't out on disc via PSN so I can sell those too.

I think the launch lineup far surpasses any of the other VR platforms though - I'm expecting good impressions today. 

17 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think they hype and low stock will mean you can shift it in a months time with minimal/no loss. That's pretty much the only thing making me keep my preorder. I'm only buying smaller games that aren't out on disc via PSN so I can sell those too.

I think the launch lineup far surpasses any of the other VR platforms though - I'm expecting good impressions today. 

Yeah, I guess it'll be worth trying it for a week or so at least...

I agree re: the lineup but that may be because Vive and Occulus are so far off my radar that I could not name a single game on either platform.  My only experience of VR is the Samsung headset that came as a freebie with my phone but after an hour or so of being amazed at the potential, that was discarded and hasn't been picked up since. The low res, gauze effect, screen is just too unpleasant to look at for long so, with that in mind,  actual hands on impressions of PSVR will be needed to see if it is more bearable...

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

I think the processor box is their smartest move. VR could be killed by the social exclusion it creates. How can someone sit in the living room cut off from everyone else in the house? Adapting the output for the TV, to bring people along with the user is so needed. Watching my partner play PT is probably my gaming highlight on my PS4. A similar experience watching her in VR, would be The Greatest Thing. 

Add in the ability for the external viewers to control the scares and you have a system seller.

i dont understand a word you just said!

im not being rude, youve kind of exposed me for not researching the product properly :)

(not that i will be doing any) also I think ill wait until the kit will be revised within 2 years maybe?

Pardon me though, as im falling out with consoles quite fast.

Can't wait to see how people feel having spent an additional 200 quid on all the driving stuff only to discover VR driving games are a little bit annoying after a while because you can't look into the distance properly... :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, dood said:

Can't wait to see how people feel having spent an additional 200 quid on all the driving stuff only to discover VR driving games are a little bit annoying after a while because you can't look into the distance properly... :ph34r:

Maybe for other games, but reports suggest this is the pinnacle of VR driving  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-driveclub-vr

38 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Drive club supports dualshock motion controls. Is the same happening with drive club VR?

i actually really liked playing it that way.

does driveclub vr support the ps3 move wheel?

31 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Maybe for other games, but reports suggest this is the pinnacle of VR driving  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-driveclub-vr

Will have a read in a bit, but I'm talking about a physical limitation here.   It's very difficult resolve details on the road / track that are over a certain distance (because they are blocky pixels), making for quite a distracting experience, which will destroy the 'presence' pretty quickly.    That is my experience of VR on the Rift, at least. 

9 minutes ago, dood said:

Will have a read in a bit, but I'm talking about a physical limitation here.   It's very difficult resolve details on the road / track that are over a certain distance, making for quite a distracting experience, which will destroy the 'presence' pretty quickly.    That is my experience of VR on the Rift, at least. 

Well, apparently Evolution have nailed it. They say it is a far more immersive experience than anything on vive or rift; there is no "uncanny valley" 

Proof of the pudding is in the eating I guess. VR + Kit is my treat to myself this year.