IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

46 minutes ago, geldra said:

Anyone had a go of Eve Valkyrie?  I'm interested in that for the ship launch sequence alone.  Its like everything my teenaged self would have wanted from a game. 

46 minutes ago, geldra said:

Anyone had a go of Eve Valkyrie?  I'm interested in that for the ship launch sequence alone.  Its like everything my teenaged self would have wanted from a game. 

Had 15 minutes on it on an oculus at EGX a couple of years ago and it's awesome, I think even without VR it'd be a great game. I'm definitely buying it. 

16 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

Had 15 minutes on it on an oculus at EGX a couple of years ago and it's awesome, I think even without VR it'd be a great game. I'm definitely buying it. 

The Eve Access playstation video was what convinced me I had made the right choice.  I don't care how shallow it is

7 hours ago, SeanR said:

anyone else buying one of these to keep the headset on?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pauler-Vickers-Styrofoam-Mannequin-Manikin/dp/B0185IAQG6/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_lp_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FZE5SA63A68VK82187YP

6.jpeg

for £2.34, it's worth a shot. and if there are any problems with balance or whatever I'll hollow it out and fill it with plastercine, or glue it to a sturdy base.

And bought. Probably the weirdest thing I've ever spent money on. And now I'm likely on some watch list - thanks Sean.

Think I'm going to draw a 'tache on her and a really childish scar on one cheek.

12 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Got my email through from Amazon today confirming that I'm getting it on 13 October, yay.

I'm guessing this is going to be like that Mario 64 moment when everything changed. That or it'll be placed on Ebay the next day. 

From my brief experience it's definitely a Mario 64 moment! 

34 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

Just had a go on the Hustle Kings demo with one of my Move controllers, so it looks like I'll be picking up the PSVR version of that at some point in the future now too. 

I need to seek out some cheap move controllers soon. Hustle Kings....now that and rocket league have stopped my PS4 collecting dust. Currently I'm up to 489 games played online.

Just rememebered red I bought Bound and that VR compatible so at least I do have one game already....

you know what would be perfect for a revival?

operation_wolf_atari_st_french_ad.jpg

DuckHuntBox.jpg

With a gun attachment of course.

damn.....I want it now!

ok I just leafed through the official PS mag VR supplement for you. Games it says you need move for are

FF15

Batman Arkham VR

Star Trek Bridge Crew

VR Worlds (the heist)

Harmonix Music VR

Job Simulator

Wayward Sky

Golem

Loading Human

The Brookhave Experiment
Ace banana
Carnival Games

Mixi P
Social VR

Until Dawn works with a pad according to the supplement.

Note that I believe that you can use 2 PS4 controllers instead of a move? but might be clunky.

Can someone confirm you can use the dual shocks as move controllers?

i just don't know how that would work with the move controller intended to be 360 degrees and the dualshock 180 in terms of view on the light.

im going to hold off buying the controllers because I don't see the value right now but I'm worried I'll be frantically ordering some the moment I realise this VR thing is incredible and start imagining how much better it would be if I had them.

They should be £50 a pair really. The decision to price them up to 70 quid might just split the market enough  to dictate how developers design their games. I'm guessing it'll be 85% dualshock driven by this time next year. 

12 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

Yeah 70 is proper gouging. Maybe you could get lucky at a car boot sale. 

Pah, you guys should see the saps in the oculus thread who are going to pay 180 for their Touch controllers... 

Spoiler

:(

53 minutes ago, EUkdazs said:

I think I've talked mrs ukdazs into getting me one of these: 

http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/playseat-challenge-seats/playseat-challenge-racing-seat.html

It folds up so I can hide it when its not in use. My mate at work is eyeing up one of the full fat £750 monstrosities. I'm not jealous, honest.

You bastard. Going to be so hard not buying that over the next two weeks.

edit: £140 delivered here https://www.boysstuff.co.uk/gaming-chairs/playseat-gaming-chairs/playseat-challenge-simulator-racing-gaming-chair/

5 hours ago, geldra said:

I have it on the Rift and never really got into it, although the launch sequence is fun and I will  definitely give it another go when there are more players online.

After umming and ahhhing for some time, I've decided to keep my PSVR pre-order. As a Rift owner it's a tough choice but I REALLY want Rez and Driveclub so I can't help myself. And as my PS4 is in my lounge and my Rift is in my office / mancave then I somehow justify it as the more social VR device lol.

A couple of quick questions though, I have 3 pre-orders at the moment...one from Amazon, one from Game and one from ShopTo. So I need to cancel two...I rarely pre-order anything these days, is one of these better to stick with than the others (pre orders were done as soon as they were available).

I need a camera and a Move controller (I have a Move somewhere but doubt I will find it). I certainly don't want to pay for a new one, and of course should have picked this tuff from CEX months ago but didn't...so where's the best place to get these? Anyone found good deals or is it just ebay?

Finally, and excuse my laziness..but is there a list of prices for the launch titles yet? As a PC VR user I'm used to cheap Steam titles and lots of free gubbins so I'm a little scared by potential prices for the software.Thanks in advance for any advice given.

15 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

In case anyone is going with the physical copy of Rez - they're now saying they'll be sent out for late October. 

Apparently iam8bit haven't even sent out their special editions of No Man's Sky, either. 

Yeah, I just saw this. Looks like no Rez for launch unless I want to buy it twice! Pretty rubbish situation.

20 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

In case anyone is going with the physical copy of Rez - they're now saying they'll be sent out for late October. 

Apparently iam8bit haven't even sent out their special editions of No Man's Sky, either. 

I think these copies are supposed to remain sealed and saved for future eBay auctions anyway...