Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation VR


rubberducker
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Just cosmetic changes I believe.

 

I just bought a wheel stand for the T150 I am going to buy at full price because I can't find it cheap. 

 

goddamnit pete! I was going to settle for a T80, but now I have to com... pete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SeanR said:

 

goddamnit pete! I was going to settle for a T80, but now I have to com... pete

I did think about a T80 but I don't think I can go without force feedback . It just adds so much and in VR its gonna be utterly amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hean Dog said:

Is there an age restriction for VR?  I was hoping I would be able to give my son a shot of it (6 years old)

The recommended age is 12. But I'm sure in short bursts it would be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hean Dog said:

Is there an age restriction for VR?  I was hoping I would be able to give my son a shot of it (6 years old)

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/trial/

 

Quote

Participants must be at least 12 years old to demo PlayStation VR.

 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/08/psvr-is-not-for-use-by-children-under-age-12

Quote

The detail comes via the PS4 firmware 3.50 update. It specifies "The VR headset is not for use by children under age 12."

 

and so on and so forth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Torn on this age limit, as my 8 yo nephew is a keen gamer and would love to try this, but I don't want to risk his eye health etc.

 

Small doses should be fine, right? Will let his Mum decide - she can have the pestering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, StephenM said:

 

Is that true? Maybe I should sack off my Amazon pre-order, then?

 

Advise me, hive mind.

1. Phone up Shop to

2. Ask about stock and delivery

3. If Shop to can deliver faster, order from Shop to

4.  cancel amazon order

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

1. Phone up Shop to

2. Ask about stock and delivery

3. If Shop to can deliver faster, order from Shop to

4.  cancel amazon order

 

 

Haha thanks, nice to know how you people live like real adults. On it!

 

Also, I realised that me saying 'Is that true?' to Barry was a bit weird. Imagine if he replied 'Nah.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Few key points from website page: http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AC240-sony-playstation-vr-psvr

 

Pre-release dispatch: Pre-Order Sony PlayStation VR (PSVR) before 12pm on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 to receive it by the release date of Thursday 13th of October 2016 ( UK & Mainland Only )

Please be aware though that if your order is being shipped outside the UK mainland we unfortunately cannot guarantee delivery on the release date.

 

Released in: 9 days

 - Dispatched to arrive by release date. No up-front costs for pre-ordering.

 

Limited Day One stock available

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, StephenM said:

 

Haha thanks, nice to know how you people live like real adults. On it!

 

Also, I realised that me saying 'Is that true?' to Barry was a bit weird. Imagine if he replied 'Nah.'

Pretty handy that Amazon don't take money until despatch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Few key points from website page: http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AC240-sony-playstation-vr-psvr

 

Pre-release dispatch: Pre-Order Sony PlayStation VR (PSVR) before 12pm on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 to receive it by the release date of Thursday 13th of October 2016 ( UK & Mainland Only )

Please be aware though that if your order is being shipped outside the UK mainland we unfortunately cannot guarantee delivery on the release date.

 

Released in: 9 days

 - Dispatched to arrive by release date. No up-front costs for pre-ordering.

 

Limited Day One stock available

 

 

 

 

Shopto have sold out. You can't order from them any more. They were saying December last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

 

 

Shopto have sold out. You can't order from them any more.

 

They still have certain bundles available like this one http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AC292-sony-playstation-vr-psvr-vr-world

 

Edit: Looks like they are still selling all the bundles but not the unit on it's own. Could be shoddy practices since everywhere is sold out? Who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

 

They still have certain bundles available like this one http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AC292-sony-playstation-vr-psvr-vr-world

 

And I just spotted on Twitter they told someone that all bundles are release date delivery, 24 hours ago.

 

I'm just confirming that PSVR + Camera bundle counts (can't raise them on the phone so dropped a support email) and then I'll make the switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

anyone else buying one of these to keep the headset on?

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pauler-Vickers-Styrofoam-Mannequin-Manikin/dp/B0185IAQG6/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_lp_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FZE5SA63A68VK82187YP

 

6.jpeg

 

for £2.34, it's worth a shot. and if there are any problems with balance or whatever I'll hollow it out and fill it with plastercine, or glue it to a sturdy base.

 

So not worth it!  I just use one of these for my Rift... 

 

51KL4bhaidL.jpg

 

 

2 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Worse case you end up with kit that you can play as if its on a 200" screen , and with headphones on,  you will be able to completely shut out your family.

 

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

 

that's one of the reasons why I'm getting mine. Better than a cheap 49" blaupunkt, which at £270 was my other option.

 

Just to set expectation.  'Big screens' in VR, in my humble, honest opinion, are a Bit Shit(tm).   Some people enjoy it, but the low resolution will ruin it for most. 

 

Check this out:

 

http://vr.mkeblx.net/oculus-sim/

 

(watch out for the silly permanent mouse look..) click the low persistence option and select 1080 as your resolution..  That's a good indication of the effective resolution of these things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dood said:

Just to set expectation.  'Big screens' in VR, in my humble, honest opinion, are a Bit Shit(tm).   Some people enjoy it, but the low resolution will ruin it for most. 

 

Check this out:

 

http://vr.mkeblx.net/oculus-sim/

 

(watch out for the silly permanent mouse look..) click the low persistence option and select 1080 as your resolution..  That's a good indication of the effective resolution of these things. 

 

a59db9f5cc84c795ffe196c1903ee67c.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Big screen VR stuff can be fun, and the sheer scale of it can make playing some games a cool experience. It's a bit of a novelty though, and I soon went back to just using regular screens for traditional games.

 

Imagine it will be great for arcade stuff like PacMan CE 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure, but you're still giving up other stuff in VR, such as not being able to drink anything without taking the headset off. A proper VR experience makes up for inconveniences like that, while a lower res but giant screen starts to feel like a waste of effort before too long. Like any novelty, once the wow factor wears off it loses its appeal.

 

Stuff like Big Screen is another matter though. Actually sharing a VR screen with other people in different places is pretty awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.