PlayStation VR

rubberducker

Looking on PSN it's scary to see all the games that are coming and their prices.

i feel that a lot of them are going to review incredibly badly just from a value standpoint.

There's  games that looked like tech demos under a year a go and now they're asking AAA prices, ubi, I'm looking at you.

If there's a lot of demos it can only help everyone, developers too.

Is there any whif of a Halo style killer app for this thing that's potentially going to be big? (Not an actual game like Halo, but something that will turn heads , forgive the pun)

8 hours ago, Harsin said:

Reading that FAQ, bit mental that the cinema mode doesn't support 3D video.

Although it does suggest it may at some point. PS4 didn't support 3D out the box.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

It's also a bit mental that after the big HDR push at the PS4 Pro reveal, if you've got PSVR connected and want to play a non VR game in HDR you have to swap HDMI cables around.

Yeah that's poor planning.

27 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Although it does suggest it may at some point. PS4 didn't support 3D out the box.

Yeah that's poor planning.

3d blu ray support was added in the 1.75 update

[edit]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_system_software#History_of_updates

Version 1.75 released on July 29, 2014, further adds the support for playback of Blu-ray 3D. It also improves the sound quality during 1.5-speed playback with Blu-ray and DVD video

Edited by SeanR

10 minutes ago, SeanR said:

3d blu ray support was added in the 1.75 update

[edit]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_system_software#History_of_updates

Yep, that's what I was getting at, it was added after launch.

26 minutes ago, Sng said:

More importantly, why isn't Rez on the store yet?! I hope it's not disc only for a time.

Why do you care? You pre-ordered in August, you ain't getting shit :P

Yeah true. I'm gonna be sat there with the camera, the Move controllers, loads of games downloaded and the bloody PSVR will probably be arriving in December. Bloody idiot, dunno why I didn't just pre-order sooner.

anyone else buying one of these to keep the headset on?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pauler-Vickers-Styrofoam-Mannequin-Manikin/dp/B0185IAQG6/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_lp_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FZE5SA63A68VK82187YP

6.jpeg

for £2.34, it's worth a shot. and if there are any problems with balance or whatever I'll hollow it out and fill it with plastercine, or glue it to a sturdy base.

Ah the hype is building nicely.

All aboard my friends, all aboard.

We are embarking on an adventure into sight and sound. A virtual place that our minds will make real.

Or we'll all be pig sick and the Trading folder will be full of them by the following weekend.

Bring it!

20 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Worse case you end up with kit that you can play as if its on a 200" screen , and with headphones on,  you will be able to completely shut out your family.

that's one of the reasons why I'm getting mine. Better than a cheap 49" blaupunkt, which at £270 was my other option.

1 hour ago, Hean Dog said:

I seem to be fully confirmed as my order shipping on the 12th, arriving the 13th with Amazon.  No way I am taking the 13th off though as guaranteed not to arrive until 7pm that night and I spend my day off hitting refresh on the forum.  14th is booked though!  YASSS!!

Make sure you get Battlezone for some co-op on the 14th

Hype levels rising

9 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

I know the new camera is not required but is it going to be better than the old one for VR?

Just cosmetic changes I believe.

I just bought a wheel stand for the T150 I am going to buy at full price because I can't find it cheap.