IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

10 minutes ago, Flub said:

I ordered a few minutes before that. Amazon actually had the listing up at least a full five minutes before they were due to :)

I know I got my order in, then the item vanished from the site only to reappear again at 11am. I actually ordered a minute or so earlier but the email appeared stamped 1059.

I wasn't refreshing it desperate to get a preorder in or anything though :D

Shit, mine's moved back to the 13th! Says it will be dispatched on the 11th, which means I won't be at home when it gets delivered! Argh!

EDIT: ah my mistake, that's VR Worlds... the VR unit is still due on the 14th, phew.

1 hour ago, Sng said:

From that blog:

Q: What is The Playroom VR?
The Playroom VR is a brand new collection of six VR games especially created for use with the PlayStation VR headset. Players can use their VR headset, while up to four friends can join in on the multiplayer fun in the same room on the TV.

Every game in The Playroom VR offers a unique experience, and is the perfect introduction to the magic of VR.

Mini Robots is a welcome lobby that places the user inside a room filled with adorable interactive robots.

Monster Escape is a competitive party game for up to five players (one VR player vs four players on TV). The player in the PS VR headset becomes a huge monster destroying a miniature city. One to four additional players use their Dualshock 4 wireless controllers to fight the monster in a fun and epic battle.

Cat & Mouse is a competitive party game for up to five players (one VR player vs four players on TV). The player in the PS VR headset becomes a cat ready to pounce to protect his kitchen from the mice players controlled with the Dualshock 4 wireless controller on the screen.

Ghost House is a cooperative communication game where players must work together to clear a haunted house from ghosts, within a time limit. The player in the PS VR headset uses the Dualshock 4 wireless controller to shine a flashlight and shoot ghosts, which aren’t visible to him. He must rely on the players watching the TV for instructions as to where to aim and shoot.

Wanted! is a cooperative communication game set in the Wild West, where players enter a saloon and can see several characters sitting around drinking. One of them is the bad guy, but which one?

Robot Rescue is a cooperative communication game, where two players (one VR player and one player on TV) work together to fight their way through enemies to rescue stranded VR bots. The player in the PS VR headset takes control of a VR bot jumping, punching and using a grappling hook to rescue his lost VR Bots comrades. The TV player gets a different viewpoint on the action, flying a UFO and giving air support to the VR player.

Actually sounds pretty good. 

Q: The PS VR display is very close to my eyes, will I become nearsighted with prolonged use?
No. Actually the focal distance of the images presented by PS VR is at a distance of eight feet. This is similar to the optimal viewing distance required to view a 60″ TV. Again, we recommend taking 15 minute breaks every hour when using PS VR, just like when viewing other display devices.

Q: I’m nearsighted, so can I use PS VR without my glasses?
This depends on the prescription of your glasses. The focal distance of the images presented by PS VR is at a distance of about eight feet, so if you require glasses while driving or seeing your TV, you will most likely need to wear your glasses to see PS VR images clearly. However, some very wide or unusually shaped glasses may not fit.

1 hour ago, dood said:

I'm amazed there aren't more 'stationary'  games coming at launch.  I forsee a lot of queasy / disoriented gamers come launch day... Driveclub will be pretty intense guys.  

My one tip is: if you feel strongly 'weird' or nauseous, stop as quick as you can and rest until it goes.  Don't try and 'power through' or anything like that.  You can (apparently) build up a subconscious reaction to VR which will mean you get sicker quicker, I mean Ffs there's a guy I work with who still gets a bit nauseous just at the mention of VR!  Don't underestimate how much this tech can fuck with your senses! 

Yep.

I let a mate play at the weekend in the rift: (for the newbies...) dreamdeck was ok (stationary, standing); and he was just about OK with Pinball VR.

Showdown (you slowly move forward under the control of the experience) meant he had to stop.

He managed ten seconds at the controls of Project Cars before having to stop and sit down for an hour.

if Sony don't get it right it could be the most returned hardware product for years.

I'm convinced that VR is amazing and definitely want one, but I do think there'll be a second hand market very quickly, starting after launch and receiving a boost after Xmas, as people buy them , vomit and find they can't get a refund.  No criticism of the product , but confident of getting a preowned bargain, as demand gets fulfilled and a percentage of customers can't hack it.

I've just realised that the order I put in with Gamestop.ie in the hopes of it coming to £320 with the exchange rate have been utterly scuppered by Brexit as 399.99 Euros is now £348 quid, and my bank will probably charge me for a foreign currency transaction.

Still got orders with GAME and Amazon, though.

43 minutes ago, Sng said:

Apparently if you want to play a normal game you have to unplug the extra box and plug in as normal. Then plug it back in for VR. Bit annoying.

That's weird. You'd think they'd have designed it so the OS can talk to the box directly and make it act as a pass-through given that it has that "social screen" connection already.

I'm kinda shocked that my 13th delivery is now the 14th. Is there any reason why?

I'm not about to cry about it but it seems so random. You either have it on launch day or you get it further down the line.. What could delay it for 24 hours?

First world vr problems :)

13 minutes ago, DC07 said:

The posts above about having to unplug the box to play normal games.

Q: Does the Processor Unit support 4K and HDR pass through?

The PS VR Processor Unit (PU) supports video pass through so that you can enjoy regular non-VR content on your TV when you have the PS4 connected to the TV via the PU and the PU is connected to power via the AC adapter and the PS VR headset is not in use. This pass through support works for regular 1080p signals and also supports 2160p (UHD or ‘4K’) content in YUV 420 color format at up to 60 Hz from a PlayStation Pro.
However, HDR signals are not supported for pass through by the PU. This applies to both 1080p and 2160p HDR. If you have a HDR capable TV and want to view PS4 content in HDR, it is necessary to cable the PS4 directly to the TV.

13 minutes ago, AI1 said:

Q: Does the Processor Unit support 4K and HDR pass through?

The PS VR Processor Unit (PU) supports video pass through so that you can enjoy regular non-VR content on your TV when you have the PS4 connected to the TV via the PU and the PU is connected to power via the AC adapter and the PS VR headset is not in use. This pass through support works for regular 1080p signals and also supports 2160p (UHD or ‘4K’) content in YUV 420 color format at up to 60 Hz from a PlayStation Pro.
However, HDR signals are not supported for pass through by the PU. This applies to both 1080p and 2160p HDR. If you have a HDR capable TV and want to view PS4 content in HDR, it is necessary to cable the PS4 directly to the TV.

That's more reasonable (apart from my definitely wanting HDR when it's available).

8 minutes ago, Soo Denim said:

How would that even work? You have to have the VR headset attached for it to work? The headset won't work without the box.

Yeah I have no idea how it all works was just wondering if thats what he was meaning. 

Can you play normal games using the VR headset as a screen?