IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

43 minutes ago, murray said:

That looks incredible, but I'm already pushing it with the wife after buying the wheel, let alone a room-consuming seat and stand. Maybe I'll wait a bit.

Dude you can't use a wheel without fixing it to something...

2 hours ago, murray said:

Yeah, after PC World reduced them down to £50 in September, someone on Hot UK Deals got one on Friday for only £30, so I raced down to Barnsley and managed to grab one.

£50 was a bargain, £30 is ridiculous.

BRING ON DRIVECLUB VR.

£30, that's mental! The T150 works well with DC, enjoy!

I havent ordered any games for this yet.  Think there is going to be enough on the demo disc and available to download to keep me happy day 1?  Is there a must have title apart from Drive Club that people are opting for?  Or we all waiting for the reviews, are those due Wednesday?

EDIT: also I would suggest everyone checks their payment method, mine was on an old card as it was pre ordered in March, just noticed and updated that to my current card.

15 minutes ago, Hean Dog said:

I havent ordered any games for this yet.  Think there is going to be enough on the demo disc and available to download to keep me happy day 1?  Is there a must have title apart from Drive Club that people are opting for?  Or we all waiting for the reviews, are those due Wednesday?

EDIT: also I would suggest everyone checks their payment method, mine was on an old card as it was pre ordered in March, just noticed and updated that to my current card.

I haven't ordered any games; I'm either going to roll the dice with PSN (I have some leftover credit that can at least get me a cheap game as something to start with) or use my time off to see if any physical games are on shelves (or just get more PSN credit from Game - I don't have my card linked to my account...)

15 minutes ago, Hean Dog said:

There is a bundled demo disc with 8 games on it to try.

It sounds like Battlezone is getting most praise. I think I will pre-order that and DC:VR

I haven't ordered any games either. Wednesday should change that (or see my hardware preorder cancelled). My hype chart is currently as follows.

01. Rez Infinite

02. Driveclub VR

03. Battlezone

04. RIGS

05. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (£12 on Amazon and nearly Halloween season, innit)

06. VR Worlds

07 EVE Valkyrie

08. Batman: Arkham VR

09. 100ft Robot Golf

10. Tumble VR

For now only Rez and DCVR are definites and I'm willing to stretch my budget to two more at launch. It's yours to throw away, BZ and RIGS.

Probably end up buying Hustle Kings and playing nothing but that...

8 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

IIRC, if you ordered after 1130am on the 16th March you weren't guaranteed launch day delivery.

Oh yeah absolutely -- I was just sulking because, you know, launch day will equal = longest day ever. Funny how an identical image to the one BubbleFish posted, with just one or two numbers different, tells an entirely different story.

Failing to control the Christmas levels of excitement.

13 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Hey, let's be optimistic. They could get, I don't know, a large number of sudden cancellations in the next few days.

RIGHT?

They probably will do in the next week or so. It may come forward.

I'm amazed there aren't more 'stationary'  games coming at launch.  I forsee a lot of queasy / disoriented gamers come launch day... Driveclub will be pretty intense guys.  

My one tip is: if you feel strongly 'weird' or nauseous, stop as quick as you can and rest until it goes.  Don't try and 'power through' or anything like that.  You can (apparently) build up a subconscious reaction to VR which will mean you get sicker quicker, I mean Ffs there's a guy I work with who still gets a bit nauseous just at the mention of VR!  Don't underestimate how much this tech can fuck with your senses!