PlayStation VR

rubberducker

8 minutes ago, EUkdazs said:

It won't let me pre-order off the PS Store for some reason. It's always been flaky as shit though, so I'll try ordering off my actual PS4 before I throw a shit-fit.

There are two versions of the game - one with the discount and one without. Make sure you've selected the right one.

I was a bit annoyed Driveclub discount was only available to season pass purchases . I kinda felt like it should have been maybe £20 to everyone who owned the full game. I guess the the reasoning might be that it would leave people with the disc version shit out of luck.

28 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

They told me they were now taking orders for December a couple of days back.

Well they need to update their website then, the shysters.

Pre-release dispatch: Pre-Order Sony PlayStation VR (PSVR) + VR World before 12pm on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 to receive it by the release date of Thursday 13th of October 2016 ( UK & Mainland Only ) 

Please be aware though that if your order is being shipped outside the UK mainland we unfortunately cannot guarantee delivery on the release date.

Guarantee: We are so confident that you will receive Sony PlayStation VR (PSVR) + VR World for Thursday 13th of October 2016 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account. 
* Only if pre-ordered by 12pm on Tuesday 11th of October 2016

Just had a go of driveclub VR at the PSVR roadshow in Glasgow. The headset is really comfy, took seconds to adjust and looks great in the flesh. 

They had a seat+wheel setup - first moments were seeing the screen door effect, noticing the distant objects were really low detail etc, once I started moving though it was all forgotten, the immersion is ace, felt like I was there behind the wheel of a Ferrari racing along the streets of DCs version of Edinburgh. Just being able to spot corners, look around and see cars in the wing mirrors naturally and see the whole interior was truly amazing. 

Shame I can't afford it though :)

13 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Just had a go of driveclub VR at the PSVR roadshow in Glasgow. The headset is really comfy, took seconds to adjust and looks great in the flesh. 

They had a seat+wheel setup - first moments were seeing the screen door effect, noticing the distant objects were really low detail etc, once I started moving though it was all forgotten, the immersion is ace, felt like I was there behind the wheel of a Ferrari racing along the streets of DCs version of Edinburgh. Just being able to spot corners, look around and see cars in the wing mirrors naturally and see the whole interior was truly amazing. 

Shame I can't afford it though :)

How much of the screen covers your eyes? If that makes sense.

3 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

How is that any different from wearing glasses? 

A drawing of something 100 feet away held 2 inches from your eyes is actually only 2 inches away. You are focusing on the drawing 2 inches away. If you focused 100 feet away, you wouldn't be seeing very well. 

Looking at something 100 feet away through transparent glasses is actually 100 feet away. You are focusing 100 feet away.