IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

It's not about there being a 'need' to preorder. I 'want' to preorder. It doesn't cost me any extra and I want it day one without having to have go out to the shops, or pay for parking in town, or pay over the odds in Game to get it. 

Sure there will be bundles and price reductions in the future, but then you have to wait around and miss out on enjoying the hype, on experiencing and getting to grips with it alongside everyone else. Im really looking forward to my first match in RIGS, it's not like COD where we all know what to expect, I imagine there's going to be quite a learning curve.

And anyway it's like No Man's Sky, I preordered that and enjoyed it for two weeks. Then my opinion of it flipped like a switch and I sold it in CEX. All in all, including car park fees, it cost me about four quid. There's no reason to think I won't be able to do the same with PSVR if it turns out to be a massive flop. Which hopefully it won't. 

2 hours ago, dumpster said:

Again, to back up my opinion that there's no need to pre-order, here's an article.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/vr-momentum-slows-dramatically-on-steam/0223756

I confidently expect a price drop, decent bundles, and so on, all very quickly in the lifespan of this.  

We are all internet forumites , we love our games, our gadgets, our tech.   Everyone else doesn't give a shit about a peripheral that costs more than the console it runs on.  It will sell in huge numbers for a week then drop like s stone.

why have you got a hard on for not pre-ordering? Why do you care?

16 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

Its discussion....

It's odd is what it is.

Its a bit like if someone popped up in the thread every other page or so to say "I really want to like it but I just don't think there's enough for me to buy one" That would be really odd behavior too.

Who cares whether someone preorders or not?  Some people want stuff the very moment it's released and are willing to pay for the privilege.  Some people like to wait even as long as until the successor is out before paying a much reduced price.  

There isn't any right or wrong.  What does it matter when someone buys something, anyway?

54 minutes ago, Professor_k said:

That's absolutely great news. Ordering Until Dawn, VR worlds and Stardust VR but that demo dosk tips things over to "can't bloody wait" territory.

Booked a week off for the fun so roll on October 13th :)

If you've reasonable internet I think I'd play the demo disk, determine what kinds of experience you're most into,  then buy a game online. It's very different from traditional gaming (eg. I'd be surprised if stardust VR is anything special, whereas I suspect driveclub will blow you away)

I wonder if Sony will release sdk etc generally for home brew use, it could be a way of maintaining interested longer term, and potentially discover some great ideas in VR.  

It was a bit of shame Oculus closed their Share forums in favor of the store. :(

47 minutes ago, footle said:

If you've reasonable internet I think I'd play the demo disk, determine what kinds of experience you're most into,  then buy a game online. It's very different from traditional gaming (eg. I'd be surprised if stardust VR is anything special, whereas I suspect driveclub will blow you away)

I know what you mean but very.com have sent me a code for 20 quid off a 50 spend which means I get stardust, VR worlds and until dawn for 35 which seems like a decent investment for some launch day shenanigans.

I've no idea if I'll end up selling the lot before Christmas at this point but I'm excited to try it out and be part of the launch hype in this thread :)

Can't wait to give everyone delivery status updates ha ha

On 04/09/2016 at 18:53, dumpster said:

Picked up a Thrustmaster T-150 wheel in Currys today for £49.99 and it's excellent.

I just did this. Said it was £69.97 on the shelf but came up as £49.99 at the till. Not sure how I'm going to get it past mrs ukdazs so I'm hiding it in the car tonight :ph34r:

I hadn't touched my Oculus DK2 for about a year until yesterday. I'd read that the Oculus store and most of the games worked fine with it, so I thought I'd get everything installed and see what some of the latest free stuff was like. I only needed the 5 demo scenes that play after configuration to be reminded how awesome VR can be. A lifesized alien just standing there trying to communicate as spaceships fly overhead into a strange horizon. It blew me away. Sure, demo scenes are only fun for a few minutes but the feeling is incredible. 

I really think (hope) Sony are gonna nail this. The headset looks awesome, the games look awesome, and that demo disk will help it shift a shedload. (Demo disks! It feels like a throwback to the 90s!) I can't believe it's only a month away. 

That is bloody brilliant news. Even a couple of laps in DC and a few minutes flight in Eve will tell me whether to get the full games. And the chance to show the missus the descent demo is awesome.

I assume we still get the PSVR play thing with the robots as a free download also?

11 hours ago, spatular said:

anyone know if these will be at play expo in manchester to try?

Yes it will. Kiroquai's mates (Maybe even @kiroquai himself) will be bringing Battlezone there, I know that much.

http://www.playexpomanchester.com/rebellion-bring-battlezone-on-playstation-vr-to-play-expo-manchester/

There'll probably be other games too.

Yup - Battlezone will definitely be there :). I probably won't be myself - being a southerner I get scared and confused if I travel too far up north.

EDIT: I have been asked if I would like to sit in on any potential Battlezone streams that we do over on our Twitch account at some point, so if I do you'll all have the pleasure of a) wondering why the hell I am wearing a hat inside, b) seeing me desperately try not to swear.

Terrible show for PSVR. Really confusing from Cerny too: "improved framerates from PS4 Pro". What? How?

90Hz native vs 60Hz with reproject120Hz?

Or 120Hz native?

What?

Shit show and very disappointing as a soon to be PSVR owner.