PlayStation VR

rubberducker

On 29/07/2016 at 18:15, Clipper said:

oh god I need to buy a stupid camera I forgot.

probably all marked up to about a million pounds now :P

I'm on holiday this week and I went looking for one today. All sold out in Argos and my only other high street options were CEX and Game, both of which had one preowned camera. In any case I rolled the dice and it seems to work with The Playroom app, although the cable length means that I may have to get creative with placement. ;)

Where's a good place to get cheap Move controllers then? I've read it's best to get new ones as the Lithium batteries could be dead or low with used ones.

I've seen the PS3 Move Starter packs around - are those the best value?

I'll probably pick up a used camera, as there's less risk with that, I hope.

30 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

Car boot sales. You'll get them for a couple of quid. It's pot luck whether you see any though obviously. 

Cool, will do. But isn't the Lithium battery issue an issue though? Heard about some people who have got home only to find their controllers barely last 30 minutes.

I don't know much about the issues reported with them, but Lion batteries can have as long as a twenty year shelf life (although generally closer to five) should work well for between 500 and 1000 charge cycles. So again I don't know much about the move batteries in particular, but I can't see it being that much of a risk buying second hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love the rebellion guys work... so yes this was one of the titles I was getting at launch for PSVR.

I have to decide on some others (yes I know Rez - but apart from Rez and Battlezone!)

Still no preorder details on amazon but I'll be there day 1 with it.

5 hours ago, kiroquai said:

You'll have to excuse me being a salesman this one time, but... I'm really proud of the work the team have put in on this. Been great fun to work on and I'm really excited about it now getting a boxed release so you can all buy it and say my levels are the best  have fun blowing up things. And with that, I will bother you no more :). 

Battlezone_facebook_Cover_PreOrder_Boxpost_02.jpg

Ooh there's going to be a windows version?

Sweet.

On 4 August 2016 at 11:32, Qazimod said:

it seems to work with The Playroom app, although the cable length means that I may have to get creative with placement. ;)

I bought a PS4 camera extension cable from Amazon last year for about a tenner.  Works perfectly.

The campaign map itself is procedural - we've made loads of massive environments/levels that get thrown in a blender with lots of different mission types and other variables, and you can then proceed across the campaign map as you wish :). Can't say too much otherwise I'll get punched at work probably, but in months of testing and playing the game I've never had the same campaign experience twice.

It's all quite cool. Us designers owe our lovely code friends a fair few beers!

I cancelled mine. Headset plus camera plus a game or two and you're taking one hell of a punt on what could easily be forgotten about by the end of next year.

It's a struggle but I'm gonna try to hold off until it's well established. Or at least until it's cheaper.

8 minutes ago, Coolcongo said:

May wait til after September 7th see what happens then. I have a feeling they may announce no mans sky on PlayStation vr 

I'm calling it now. They won't.

See that pop-in: it'll look rubbish in VR, if it doesn't just make you sick.

Indeed, most of no mans sky (all the traversal on the planets including anything involving the jump pack, but just moving in general) is just going to make you sick.

Has anyone tried it, not had a chance to use it. What is it like on the current ps4.  This is the main thing that is worrying you need stable frame rates in VR. 

I think I need one more game to make me stick with my order. I will be getting vr worlds batman and battlezone not sure what else I would play. 

29 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

Close to cancelling mine. Doesn't appear to be a killer app, technical concerns, huge expense once you factor in camera, move and games.

I was holding on to the preorder in case of shortage, but I don't think demand is high enough.

I got a full move set up for close to £40, once I factored in the move, the nav, the charge base, a steering wheel, and the gun, (and the old ps3 camera), mostly from CEX.

expect move prices to... move(?) after the PSVR release.

Rez and Driveclub are the dependable old friends. I'm hopeful that RIGS delivers on its potential and Kiroquai's pitch for Battlezone has me interested. Then Resi 7 in the new year.

I never expected any better than that when placing my preorder but there are still other launch window titles that could leave me flat broke.