PlayStation VR

rubberducker

Whether you were serious or not, that's actually a pretty good idea (polystyrene is cheaper of course). Finding somewhere for my phone headset is a pain and that doesn't have wires. Housemates Vive is even worse with the huge cable coming from the back.

1 hour ago, FozZ said:

Whether you were serious or not, that's actually a pretty good idea (polystyrene is cheaper of course). Finding somewhere for my phone headset is a pain and that doesn't have wires. Housemates Vive is even worse with the huge cable coming from the back.

Totally serious. Only about £12 on eBay too.

3 hours ago, Majora said:

Probably one for the general VR impressions thread but I hadn't tried any VR at all until someone gave me the Gear VR thing to try out a few days ago. To be honest the hardware didn't seem very well suited to it. The screen was quite blurry no matter how I adjusted the focus and the graphics looked really low-res. I'm sure the PSVR will offer an exponentially nicer experience.

However, despite that, and despite the fact that I was just watching some crappy Assassin's Creed video, it completely convinced me that my PSVR preorder was justified. I probably looked like a loon standing in the middle of a pub turning around and twisting my head to look around but it felt like something I had genuinely never experienced before. The thought of experiencing that kind of immersiveness with a much better screen, proper games and Sony standard of hardware is mouthwatering. 

I wasn't really excited about my PSVR preorder but made one more out of obligation to be in on day 1. Now I'm already feeling impatient.

What phone were you using? PSVR is apparently pixelly and low res too but you quickly stop caring (according to easy allies anyway).

7 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

Nice. Are you getting psvr angel? What games are you looking at getting?

Thats not mine, my halo 3 cat hat is long gone, just in case some people still have one in their loft.

I want a gear VR first, then actually im coming round to VR.. im not preordering, I'm waiting to see what people on here (and neogaf, and eza etc) say about it then see. Rez would be a standout, but mainly just keen to see demo stuff like undersea ocean stuff, 3d photos, rollercoasters, all that stuff.

9 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

I've your phone is up to it Gear VR is great. Having played a few games on it made me realise that I prefer the 360 videos and photos to playing games. Being wireless is a real advantage as well. 

Im seriously looking into getting an s7, with a big part of it being VR.  I dont even need games, I just want that look around stuff.

5 minutes ago, Danster said:

Do I have to have Move controllers....? I'm sure I've asked this before but can't remember what the answer was.

Many games will just use the controller. I imagine some will require Move though.

53 minutes ago, angel said:

Im seriously looking into getting an s7, with a big part of it being VR.  I dont even need games, I just want that look around stuff.

Depending on what phone you have and your PC, chekout Riftcat (PC software) tied to VRidge (on your phone). I was in the beta but they switched to a paid version a couple of days ago. I was running SteamVR and in turn Oculus games like Lucky's Tale, plus Dolphin VR, the Wii / GC emulator that adds VR support. Sadly my Nexus 6P has some drift issues with the tracking, but it made me really excited for anything and everything VR related.

Worth a go whilst you decide what to go for. (Trinus / TriDef is also worth a go, specifically for streaming via Moonlight / NVidia game streaming as it's way faster than the other options).

3 hours ago, McSpeed said:

It's not really. @Cyhwuhx had a great way of elaborating on this after we tried it earlier today.

I found it really pixelly when I used it. I did find it easy to ignore, but the first impressions were very much I Just Put My Face Too Close To The TV. Followed by This Is Cool. Followed by This Game (Well, Demo) Is Shit.

If I can afford one at release I'll definitely get one, but it was the experience despite the tech rather than because of.

8 hours ago, Rev said:

, but the first impressions were very much I Just Put My Face Too Close To The TV. Followed by This Is Cool. Followed by This Game (Well, Demo) Is Shit.

This is why I'm waiting it out for the general forum consensus a few weeks after launch before I consider getting one.

2 hours ago, macosx said:

This is why I'm waiting it out for the general forum consensus a few weeks after launch before I consider getting one.

Me too, we've been here before. I have a kinect 1.

16 hours ago, Danster said:

Do I have to have Move controllers....? I'm sure I've asked this before but can't remember what the answer was.

16 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Many games will just use the controller. I imagine some will require Move though.

I decided a while back that I'm going to try VR without PS3 wands and see how the DS4 fares (at least initially), so come launch day I'll be one of the guinea pigs. :)

6 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I decided a while back that I'm going to try VR without PS3 wands and see how the DS4 fares (at least initially), so come launch day I'll be one of the guinea pigs. :)

If you have a look about you can find move controllers very cheap at a lot of car boot sales. 

I find it really odd how little PS VR there was at E3 given they're supposedly treating it like a console launch.

I was expecting some more hardware bundles to be announced, with camera and PS VR Worlds, like the US is getting. I'm still holding out for those before I go buying a separate camera/controllers.

I think Gamescom is August so hopefully it'll be nothing but PS VR.

I played on an S7 Occulus today. Nothing major, just tried out a few cinemas. A traditional cinema and one on the moon. Then I played with the vr equivalent of Google star map and an underwater fish viewing thing. I know it's not psvr, but it was awesome and made me really excited again for when it finally comes out. I just can't see how this won't be the next big thing. The phone and headset are my mum's and when I got to her house she was sat using it in the kitchen as I let myself in. She's totally in awe of it.