PlayStation VR

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I can't see a VR deal on the PSN Store. Am I being thick?

Nope, they don't have it in it's own category for some dumb reason. Or I'm also thick and blind. I ended up just searching for the ones I wanted rather than scrolling through the "All Deals" section. 

Well Tetris Effect is a bit bloody special, I was absolutely entranced. I didn't think Tetris in VR would be anything special. I'm happy to report I was completely and utterly wrong. It completely lifted my mood and took me out of a pretty dark place I've been in for a few days. 

The desert level was incredible but they all were, the way it builds up slowly and you're bouncing around in your seat before you know it. I may have uttered a few Keanu style Woahs while playing too. I still have the last set of levels to play but fuck me it's a masterpiece. 

It's not a surprise to anyone who played Rez or Child of Eden but yeah, it seems so obvious that Tetris should have that.

If you've somehow never played Rez, Rez Infinite on PS VR is by the same people and is basically a shooter that'll give you a lot of the same feelings.

42 minutes ago, Dudley said:

It's not a surprise to anyone who played Rez or Child of Eden but yeah, it seems so obvious that Tetris should have that.

If you've somehow never played Rez, Rez Infinite on PS VR is by the same people and is basically a shooter that'll give you a lot of the same feelings.

Oh yeah I've bought Rez like 3 times now and love it, Tetris Effect kinda caught me by surprise, I knew it was similar but no more than that really and it blew my socks off. 

The PS5 Camera is still available for pre-order on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-9321200-PlayStation-HD-Camera/dp/B08H93MPY3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ps5+camera&qid=1600420866&sr=8-1

You either need this or some free adapter Sony promised (I can't find any info on that anywhere) so PSVR will work on the PS5.

Ignore me

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

The PS5 Camera is still available for pre-order on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-9321200-PlayStation-HD-Camera/dp/B08H93MPY3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ps5+camera&qid=1600420866&sr=8-1

You either need this or some free adapter Sony promised (I can't find any info on that anywhere) so PSVR will work on the PS5.

I don't believe current PSVR works with the PS5 camera, you need the adaptor to use the PS4 one...

PlayStation®Camera adaptor

Connect your PlayStation®VR to your PS5 console to enjoy supported PS VR games. To set up your PS VR with your PS5 console you'll need your PlayStation Camera* for PS4™ and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase necessary). More details on how to claim an adaptor will be shared on PlayStation.com when available.

*Model CUH-ZEY1 or CUH-ZEY2

21 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Ok so the PS5 Camera is just for streaming etc, ok thanks pre-order cancelled.

That's how I understand it. 

My suspicion is the PS5 camera will be used for the new PSVR (whatever/whenever that is) and probably doesn't have the gubbins for the light tracking in it (given the dual sense doesn't have the light bar any more). This is all just my own assumptions though, I've not seen anything concrete.

41 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Audica is on sale with the 2019 season pass for £25. Anyone played it?

I love Audica.  It's a weird one, though.  It's kinda dull on the lower difficulty levels, and then it's quite a big step up to the one that throws everything at you.  Once it clicks though, it's awesome.  Great selection of songs, too.  Better than Beat Saber in that regard, in my opinion.  

Throwing and spinning the pistols in the middle of a song never gets old, either.

I paid full price for it, and don't regret it at all.  The season pass isn't really necessary IMO though, as there's loads of content in the base game.

Anyone else starting to feel like Sony are just quietly dropping VR development and hoping nobody notices? This feels a lot like the way the Vita slowly faded away. People keep waiting for news and nothing happens.

The lack of practical features required for VR on the PS5 seems like a big red flag.

4 hours ago, Darwock said:

Anyone else starting to feel like Sony are just quietly dropping VR development and hoping nobody notices? This feels a lot like the way the Vita slowly faded away. People keep waiting for news and nothing happens.

The lack of practical features required for VR on the PS5 seems like a big red flag.

No, more like they are transitioning generations and have PSVR2 to develop for.

Practical features? Things like this Sony patent: https://nl.letsgodigital.org/uploads/2019/10/sony-ps5-vr-headset.pdf show that they are working on something much more advanced than the PSVR. They also have another patent on finger tracking controllers.

I think a bit of patience is called for. There is no need to rush PSVR2 to market, especially with the current situation.