rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

Wipeout on VR... Seriously?! 

Just in case you don’t realise, if you already have Omega Collection the VR update was free (it’s the entire game in VR) so you’ll already have it.

It’s mind blowing in VR, but beware if you don’t have your VR legs it might make you very sick.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Reynard said:

Astro Bot is £7.99 at Argos.

Oh dammit bought it on PSN last night :D Oh well sticks with my "digital where possible and financially viable" mantra and £12.99 still a good saving over £35....

5 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Driveclub VR isn’t that great. If you really want a decent VR driving game then go for Dirt Rally with the VR add on (it’s the entire game in VR).

I’ve never played/experienced Everest but it really hasn’t reviewed well.

I’m guessing you don’t have moves, but if you do you need Beat Saber. I stupidly left that off my list.

I think its just the.wow factor at the moment.... :) Really impressed with GT's VR mode too.... This is great for driving games makes hitting the apexes much easier and more natural. Shame you can't yet race in this mode on GT yet. Guess that will come on the next GT on the next PS5.

Yes Everest is just something I got to tinker with and experience.... I like climbing hills IRL but would never get the chance to experience climbing such a beast as Everest.. 

No don't have any moves.....yet. Are they worth picking up?

And just put Polybius on. Thought nice looks like a typical Minter game.... Then... I pressed the triangle button on the pad to switch it to VR mode. Holy f**k. 

Once you have experienced this you can never go back to playing Minters work on any other medium. This is the natural home for it. 

I really liked DriveClub VR. It’s gfx are pretty pap compared to the non VR version but they still do the job and the game still plays brilliantly. Odd that you can’t buy it digitally any more but it got a physical release if you’re desperate. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

No don't have any moves.....yet. Are they worth picking up?

I would say they’re worth it for Beat Saber, Superhot and Batman alone. 

Welcome to the party, pal. 

• Upvote 1

Shocking that nobody has mentioned No Man's Sky yet, especially after the Elite Dangerous chat.

I've spent more VR time in there than anywhere else (40 hours on the game clock, all done in the headset)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MattyP said:

Downloaded the PSVR demo pack.... Right why cannot I buy Driveclub VR anymore :( Demo is fantastic....

Hopefully I can find Driveclub VR on the store somewhere too...

You won't find it digitally but there was a specific boxed release of it.

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=711719853053&categoryName=playstation4-software&superCatName=gaming&title=driveclub-vr-(psvr)

CEX will charge you £15.

This is of course another reasons why anyone buy the Xbox without a drive is an idiot.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

You won't find it digitally but there was a specific boxed release of it.

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=711719853053&categoryName=playstation4-software&superCatName=gaming&title=driveclub-vr-(psvr)

CEX will charge you £15.

This is of course another reasons why anyone buy the Xbox without a drive is an idiot.

I didn't know that! Thank you much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

I just got a PSVR last night in the game deal. I tried Wipeout and No Mans Sky.

Wipeout is incredible! I was looking down at my arms and around the cockpit, even looked behind me at the craft engines. 

I was disappointed with the movement in No Mans Sky, then i found the smooth settings in the options. To be fair i was using a Dual Shock 4 rather than the move controllers. Is it better / different with the move controllers? I'm picking some up today so will try it again.

• Upvote 1

Great isn't it?! What I loved about driveclub too looking behind you seeing the rear seats and back window etc. Currently looking for a wheel at the moment. Racers are going to be awesome on this. Brings a whole new experience to the cockpit vieww on games.

Have a go on Battlezone demo.... That's also brilliant...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MattyP said:

Yes Everest is just something I got to tinker with and experience.... I like climbing hills IRL but would never get the chance to experience climbing such a beast as Everest.. 

I got Everest in a recent sale, it was about 3 or 4 quid. It's very much an educational product. I had always found it hard to wrap my head around what climbing Everest actually involved, and this answered the question to a decent extent. It's nothing amazing, but worth the price I paid for it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Great isn't it?! What I loved about driveclub too looking behind you seeing the rear seats and back window etc. Currently looking for a wheel at the moment. Racers are going to be awesome on this. Brings a whole new experience to the cockpit vieww on games.

Have a go on Battlezone demo.... That's also brilliant...

I bought my PC VR for simulation racing games and I really don't regret it.  Project CARS / Asetto Corsa etc are bloody marvellous on it.  It's also better for most people's VR sickness because if you're sat there with a wheel in your hand and what you're looking at is a wheel in your hands, the inner ear problems are much reduced.

I've not used PS VR yet (although Wipeout is damned tempting) but I imagine the same applies.

• Upvote 1

Just ordered a Logitech G29 wheel which are currently on offer at Amazon for £149.

I really like that you can easily check your proximity to other racers on the track in a natural way. Whole world of difference.

This is going to be epic. :)

4 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I got Everest in a recent sale, it was about 3 or 4 quid. It's very much an educational product. I had always found it hard to wrap my head around what climbing Everest actually involved, and this answered the question to a decent extent. It's nothing amazing, but worth the price I paid for it.

Our of interest what version of PSVR do you have? Having issues getting Everest to boot. Its weird message.comew up to say game can't be started with PSVR on. So exit the game turn the PSVR off start the game and the first thing it does is ask you to switch it on. I do then a message informing you the the game cannot be started with the PSVR on. Infinite loop .... 

Just now, MattyP said:

Our of interest what version of PSVR do you have? Having issues getting Everest to boot. Its weird message.comew up to say game can't be started with PSVR on. So exit the game turn the PSVR off start the game and the first thing it does is ask you to switch it on. I do then a message informing you the the game cannot be started with the PSVR on. Infinite loop .... 

I have the v1 PSVR. Never seen that message, on anything! Hopefully someone else can help.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I have the v1 PSVR. Never seen that message, on anything! Hopefully someone else can help.

Rebooted a few times and it seemed to fix it odd! :)

1 hour ago, nakamura said:

Finally got one! Picked up the megapack for £130 with my work discounts! Very excited!

Oh wow you should be.

Also if you like platformers buy Astrobot like yesterday. Even if you don't buy Astrobot its well .... Jeez..... Frigging amazing!!!!

Only thing I did find with Astrobot you do need to move stuff out of the way and clear a bit of space because you end up crawling all over the place! Awesome work Sony awesome work.

I thought this was a gimmick hence holding out on it for a while. How wrong I was.... This feels like next gen gaming right here. Games will never be the same again without this for me. :)

• Upvote 3

Well great, I just went to get Astrobot (which was on sale) and ended up spending another 40 quid on God of War, Detroit and Nino Kuri II.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Oh wow you should be.

Also if you like platformers buy Astrobot like yesterday. Even if you don't buy Astrobot its well .... Jeez..... Frigging amazing!!!!

Only thing I did find with Astrobot you do need to move stuff out of the way and clear a bit of space because you end up crawling all over the place! Awesome work Sony awesome work.

I thought this was a gimmick hence holding out on it for a while. How wrong I was.... This feels like next gen gaming right here. Games will never be the same again without this for me. :)

It came with Astro Bot, Skyrim, Everybody's Golf, Resident Evil 7 and PS World's. Also have Wipeout and GT Sport! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

I just want Half-Life : Alyx to come out on it, even if it’s a year later than the PC version. 

Absolutely. Hopefully Valve will allow this to go cross platform. Also guess it depends how well they can get it working on PS4 and PSVR too ... Sure Sony and Valve will talk at some point ....

Aye good on Sony if they keep progressing this with a PSVR 2.... :) Hopefully they'll support the current one on the next console for a bit too. 

Happy with all the content I have to get through at the moment through. Didn't realise so much was released on the platform.

Demo of Wipeout now downloaded not had chance to have a go yet though and out tonight. Also my wheel arrived today - a day early and was delivered to a random house in the street grrrrrrrrr.....

Think I maybe picking Grid Rally up and Driveclub too...need a few racers. VR mode on GT is very impressive but no racing however will he good for time trialing....