rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

9 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

My girlfriend’s brother is coming over later and has never experienced VR. I’d quote like to scare the shit out of him, but haven’t touched my PSVR in about 2 years - can anyone recommend me any decent Halloween games/experiences (cheaper the better). I have Until Dawn Rush of Blood and Resi 7, although am thinking the kitchen demo might be better for aquick intro.

Anything else? Sorry if this has already been asked.

There's a Penn and Teller thing which is supposed to prank people who have not experienced VR before. Not sure if it's any good though.

14 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

My girlfriend’s brother is coming over later and has never experienced VR. I’d quote like to scare the shit out of him, but haven’t touched my PSVR in about 2 years - can anyone recommend me any decent Halloween games/experiences (cheaper the better). I have Until Dawn Rush of Blood and Resi 7, although am thinking the kitchen demo might be better for aquick intro.

The kitchen demo is a pretty good scare and free: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0102-CUSA06799_00-BH70000KITCHEN01

Edit: oops, just seen you're aware of it

3 hours ago, Jazz Glands said:

Shark dive without letting him know about the shark. Have done that twice and worked both times.

Late to the party I know, but I finally got around to playing the Battlefront Rogue One VR mission last night, and now I'm incredibly sad because all I want in the whole world is a full VR remake of the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games and I know it'll never, ever happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 2

40 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Late to the party I know, but I finally got around to playing the Battlefront Rogue One VR mission last night, and now I'm incredibly sad because all I want in the whole world is a full VR remake of the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games and I know it'll never, ever happen.

PSVR2 Launch Game.

Cross them fingers.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Audica's due out today, isn't it?  No sign of it on the store yet.  Come on Sony, been waiting for this one for ages!

A few people in comments threads of news sites say that it might be out on Thursday for EU...

As with loads of VR games you'll be hard pressed to find any actual reviews! However the stuff I'd read when it was in early access was middling. It was obviously at that point in early access and they seem to have added a lot for the final release. It's got good reviews on Steam though (currently sitting at 9/10) so take from that what you will.

Here is a (long) video of someone live streaming it on PSVR

From that it seems pretty fully featured. It does look somewhat boring at the beginning when he is starting out in the campaign, but you if you check it out at about 1hr25 he's playing it on a much higher difficulty level and it looks much better.

I'm going to wait until the Quest release if I do pick it up so hopefully there'll be a lot more feedback on it by then.

What does worry me about it is that it seems quite complicated, it certainly far more difficult to explain what you have to do that beat saber for example, so probably isn't going to be a go to party game, even if it does have a potentially more interesting tracklist.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

What does worry me about it is that it seems quite complicated, it certainly far more difficult to explain what you have to do that beat saber for example,

Oh yeah definitely. I got it when I got a rift but was too addicted to beat saber so only played it a little bit, at the right difficulty it seemed pretty fun. I never really played it long enough to learn all the moves and stuff though so if the rift is getting this new version too - seems like a good time to give it another go.

Audica completely flopped on release on PC, it's another stand-still-and-shoot game which is really overabundant in VR, and shooting doesn't lend itself to music as much as moving with it like in Beat Saber.

Tried a  couple of free demos that I'd missed and not seen in the thread. The new spiderman is great fun. You swing between buildings and shoot stuff. There are time trials where you have to try and swing through targets, like a swingy spidery Pilotwings. Excellent for a freebie. Miles better than the other one they did that was really short.

Aphex Construct had 2 floaty hands and started with a journey in a lift that was a bit talky and it felt like it was going to be nothing Id not seen before so I switched off. 

THe 3M Foundation Stem demo looked intruguing bit required 3 players to begin.  I switched on the 2 move controllers but it didnt make anything happen. Anyone tried this one? Cant see anything on Youtube to see what it is. 

• Upvote 1

From a team of veterans involved in past classics (ICO, The Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus, Doko Demo Issyo) comes a new escape-the-room adventure game for the PlayStation®VR.

Featuring the voice of Stefanie Joosten (voice and model for Quiet in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain) and the music of Hiroki Kikuta (Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3, Sōkaigi)

Escape a merciless mansion alongside a girl words cannot reach, in a tale that can only be experienced in VR.

Hmm. It looks a bit "point-and-click lite puzzling" from the trailer. Who knows. :) It's being released next week.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/11/06/the-last-guardian-ico-puppeteer-alumni-return-with-ps-vr-puzzle-adventure-last-labyrinth/

I tried Wipeout for the first time in VR and *blork*

I've never suffered from motion sickness with any other vr game I've played, but this has done it. I stopped playing about 20-30 mins ago and I still feel sick. Oof. This is rough. Don't think I'll be playing this again!

8 minutes ago, dug said:

I've never suffered from motion sickness with any other vr game I've played, but this has done it. I stopped playing about 20-30 mins ago and I still feel sick. Oof. This is rough. Don't think I'll be playing this again!

It set me off too but I added the full cockpit and put it on full VR mode (the one that warns you) and it's fine for me as long as I have the cockpit to ground me.

On 10/11/2019 at 16:03, dug said:

Wipeout has a bunch of comfort settings. Turn them all on and see if it helps.

I get a bit of a dippy tummy when going up and down steep slopes in Wipeout, but it’s nothing compared to the retina dislodging barffing that 360 degree flight games and Resi 7 give me.

7 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Wipeout has a bunch of comfortbsettings. Turn them all on and see if it helps.

I get a bit of a dippy tummy when going up and down steep slopes in Wipeout, but it’s nothing compared to the retina dislodging barffing that 360 degree flight games and Resi 7 give me.

Yeah, I had a play around with the settings but none seemed to make a difference. Or some even made it worse.

It was a build up though. I think I did six races before stopping. Maybe if I limit myself to two or three races a time it'll be ok.

It seems to be ok on PCVR and Quest but the PSVR version is very bad. Forced blinders and click turning only. Apparently the devs outsourced the PSVR version and the wrong version was loaded to the PS Store????? anyway they are working on a fix. 

I've watched a few videos of the game on PCVR & Quest. It does look interesting but the AI looks pre N64 levels. I may get it on the Quest due to the 2 hour refund policy. 

On 05/11/2019 at 14:03, beenabadbunny said:

Does the PS4 have Elite Dangerous on it and is it compatible with this? Might give the fix you need? Otherwise PC and Occulus?!

I'm new to the PSVR party myself having just picked up one today! Really impressed this far and only played with the VR modes on Gran Turismo but wow just wow. Within a few moments realised the potential this tech has. 

So now having a look through what's available.... :) Any suggestions of course would be greatly appreciated for content that uses this really well!

Being a fan of Jeff Minter's work Polybius is on the list already! Turn on. Tune in. Drop out type of gaming.....

PS4 does not have elite dangerous

Must haves are:

Superhot (requires move controllers)

Rez

Astrobot

Wipeout Omega Collection

Moss

Tetris

Skyrim VR

Statik

Basically if all you've done is the VR mode of GT then you haven't seen anything yet!

• Upvote 1

Downloaded the PSVR demo pack.... Right why cannot I buy Driveclub VR anymore :( Demo is fantastic....

Rez and Battlezone....oh wow. Latter feels like being in the film Tron. Everything is so smooth. Playing Battlezone like this is how I imagined it would be all those years ago as a kid messing around with the arcade machine. 

Have to say I'm hooked and Sony have done a fantastic job getting all this to work this well at a consumer friendly price and making it so easy to setup too.... 

Think if you have only ever played on a PS4 without this you are seriously.missing out you are only experiencing half of the system!!! :)

These are on offer at the moment in various black Friday sales.... If you love tech and gaming do yourself a favour and take a punt. To experience this elsewhere will cost you a lot more.

i will eventually end up with an Occulus on the PC but as a introduction to VR - particularly if you already have a PS4 this really is a no brainer.

Anyway I think VR is now firmly on the agenda for my future gaming and other experiences!

Everest looks intriguing.... Think first buys will be Polybius and probably Everest because I want some contrast. Then probably Battlezone... That is something else.

Hopefully I can find Driveclub VR on the store somewhere too...

• Upvote 3

Driveclub VR isn’t that great. If you really want a decent VR driving game then go for Dirt Rally with the VR add on (it’s the entire game in VR).

I’ve never played/experienced Everest but it really hasn’t reviewed well.

I’m guessing you don’t have moves, but if you do you need Beat Saber. I stupidly left that off my list.

• Upvote 1