rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

John Wick meets Beat Sabre anybody?????

Pistol Whip from Cloudhead Games is announced as "coming soon" so will probably be here this year. It mixes the satisfaction of beat based mechanics with those kick ass moments from John Wick, where the EDM kicks in and WIck goes on a rampage. It seems like a very happy union of concepts, which also brings in that visceral element of Super Hot, as enemies appear to smash on impact. I think this has become my most most wanted VR game after an E3 which has delivered a number of welcome VR announcements.

• Upvote 5

On 09/06/2019 at 12:14, Pavey said:

I've used this cheap and cheerful one for the last year, does what it says on the tin really. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Controller-Charger-Dock-Station-2-Charging-for-PS4-Move-Controllers-UK/263922682762?hash=item3d73048b8a:g:Im4AAOSw9Llbkkzx

Don't really understand your post, is there more than one socket on a Move controller (not near mine currently)?

Does that definitely work with the new Moves?  I bought this one from Amazon, and it doesn't work at all.  Charges the old PS3 Moves no problem, but won't do anything with the new ones.  Really odd, as the connectors look exactly the same on both.

Right, I've went and bought one of those over the top but comfy looking swivel gaming chairs. I've mainly bought the thing to use with my steering wheel setup and GT and Forza but I was pushed over the edge when I remembered people mentioning using one whilst in VR. I've read several things were people have claimed having the ability to swivel etc really helps with motion sickness.

Hopefully this is what helps me get right into my PSVR. My PS4 is stuffed with great VR games that are thrilling to play but can bring on the dreaded nausea. I've tried a couple of things to help get my legs, anti nausea pills, playing a little every day to try and acquaint myself with the immersion but in the end it would still get a hold. The last game I played was Wipeout VR and it was incredible, fucking awesome and the type of experience I'd hoped for for over 20 years...but it blew my head off after 10 minutes and it's scared me off playing.

I'm not going to give up and like I say I can game comfortably in a good few games but certain titles send my head spinning. Yeah I could just except it and only play games that I'm fine with but that thrill of Wipeout or GT with a force feedback wheel is something I really, really want to experience, and not be buzzing one minute then spinning the next.

So swivel chair is coming and I've ordered some ginger tea.

61mg3I0mVCL._SL1500_.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 17/06/2019 at 17:52, catinthehat said:

Does that definitely work with the new Moves?  I bought this one from Amazon, and it doesn't work at all.  Charges the old PS3 Moves no problem, but won't do anything with the new ones.  Really odd, as the connectors look exactly the same on both.

Sorry, didn't get this reply (as an email) for some reason. I don't know if mine are PS3 or PS4 versions to be honest, is there a way to tell?

My PSVR V2 developed a dead pixel, support have been good so far in returning it for what I imagine will be a refurb unit, anyone else had experience of this?

On 17/06/2019 at 17:52, catinthehat said:

I bought this one recently, and it's great:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aresh-Controller-PlayStation-Controllers-indicator/dp/B01M9ILWT3

Finally made the move and had one of the best gaming nights in ages last night. I'm so impressed by the quality and how immersive it all is. 

I bought the Mega Pack and got download codes but Wipeout is just a digital art book, not the game. Is that correct? Seems a bit misleading.

Found it. Not sure why that was so hard to do d. Downloading now.

Trackmania is amazing isn't it? Especially when it flicks to first person view. So why can't you just select first person? And why are the vr tracks so short? Seems such a wasted opportunity.

Thinking of getting the move controllers, they’re still £70 so just wondering, are they OMG ESSENTIAL to a proper VR experience?

Tbh there are a few games I want to play where they’re acquired (Superhot, beat saber) so I’ll probably get them anyway but yeah.

40 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Thinking of getting the move controllers, they’re still £70 so just wondering, are they OMG ESSENTIAL to a proper VR experience?

Tbh there are a few games I want to play where they’re acquired (Superhot, beat saber) so I’ll probably get them anyway but yeah.

It depends on the game, but stuff designed around the move controllers (Superhot, Blood and Truth etc) really benefit massively from the 2 handed input and you should play that way to experience the game as it should be.  Other games (Until Dawn Roller Coaster thing) can be played with either moves or cobtroller, but you get a gun in each hand if you have move controllers so it enhances it all.  astrobot, the best game on psvr, doesn't need them at all. So if your choice of games happens to not include any move titles then you can save the money.  But move controllers improve the experience massively when you play the games designed for them.

(So, yeah get move controllers)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

I’ve played 30 mins of beat saber tonight and yes, buy move controllers!

2 hours ago, dizogg said:

Anything that allows you to use both hands individually in VR, be it Move controllers, or whatever's on the rift/vive, are absolutely essential for the full VR experience. Anyone telling you otherwise is a numpty. I can think of only two games on PSVR that are exceptions to that rule: Wipeout, and Astrobot, the latter of which is designed specifically with the pad in mind. 

Finally picked a headset, camera and a few games up today. First thoughts: Holy Fucking Rez. Played some Astro Bot - mind blown.  Going to trawl through my library and work out which games have had VR updates,  probably going to buy Polybius in a bit and am definitely eyeing up some move controllers.  

Amazing bit of kit :wub:

• Upvote 8

Get move controllers, then play Batman, Beat Saber, and Blood & Truth. Save Skyrim for the colder months when you can have longer (less sweaty) sessions. 

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Thor seems to have forgotten the most important reason for owning moves which is Superhot.

Guilty as charged. I really should fire that game up again. 

Just playing Superhot for the first time. This is proper good. I don’t think I remember grinning much during gaming ever, until the last few weeks since I got PSVR. 

Everything you said is true!

• Upvote 3

Just got a replacement back from Sony after sending my PSVR back with a dead pixel in front of the left eye, great service and super great to have it back....thoroughly tested with Astrobot which is still superb. Back on the Beat Saber soon and will have to give Superhot VR a go at some stage.

• Upvote 1

Got a new dead pixel on my V1 set :(

No chance that will come back to life is there? It's just a single pixel on one eye only, but I've come to love VR so much it's made me think about getting a V2 to replace it. Probably foolish.

I'm considering picking up a PSVR headset, initially just for Gran Turismo Sport, to use with a racing wheel. I don't own Move controllers, I have a non-Pro PS4 Slim and I don't have a 4K or HDR TV.

Is there any reason I'd look at the newer model of PSVR headset, or would the older (presumably now less expensive?) one be fine?

14 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I'm considering picking up a PSVR headset, initially just for Gran Turismo Sport, to use with a racing wheel. I don't own Move controllers, I have a non-Pro PS4 Slim and I don't have a 4K or HDR TV.

Is there any reason I'd look at the newer model of PSVR headset, or would the older (presumably now less expensive?) one be fine?

I'd be surprised if you'd find a v1 now unless you go 2nd hand.