rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

1 minute ago, Mike1812 said:

Can you go back and play the individual bits like in London Heist?

You can. But there's something weird about the whole thing. I can't put my finger on it. A single play through is brilliant, although the longer talky bits do grate a bit. But the overall experience seems greater than the sum of its parts.

I have no desire to play from the start again because of all the talky bits.  But if you take the talky bits out there's isn't much variety. It works best being played like you're in a movie, but with movies there's little incentive to watch it again immediately after you just watched it. 

Overall it's a brilliant experience and highly recommended, but it isn't the "new" game I expected, its just a longer , better version of London Heist. And whilst I really enjoyed London Heist when I first got the headset, I probably played it through three times max, and the disk gets used to show it off to friends rather than for me to play it for fun. I'd expected Blood and Truth to have more variety (like Batman which has different mechanisms for each section) but Blood and Truth is mainly talky sections or shooting sections. There are a few nice touches, like the paint gun, but when you look at it objectively it doesn't have a lot more to offer than London Heist - it is longer and has a few amazing set pieces but it is mainly more of the same.  Once you've seen it you've seen it.  

My recommendation is to buy it from Argos where it's £5 cheaper than most, play it though over 4 days like I did then flog it on Facebook and get all the money back. That's what I did. I will pick it up again when it's dirt cheap second hand, I suspect with the huge sales figures that it will be cheap quickly. When New Game Plus gets added, it will be a tenner in Cex.

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

the camera doesn't have to be on top of the telly. :eyebrows:

This - god knows how long it took me to get this right in my small room but at last I got it right with Blood and Truth.  If you have the camera on top of a TV then it cannot see the move controllers when they are at waist height.  Perhaps when the camera is setup it should not just take a photo of your face but also include the move controller minimum height.

• Upvote 1

I have just seen the most insane PSVR package at Game.co.uk. PSVR Mega Pack which is Astro Bot, Wipeout, Doom, Skyrim, Playstation VR Worlds plus Super Stardust Ultra VR, Resident Evil 7, 2 months free Now TV PLUS BLOOD & TRUTH for an insane £209!!!!!!!  What the actual fuck.

• Upvote 2

Just now, boybrown said:

I have just seen the most insane PSVR package at Game.co.uk. PSVR Mega Pack which is Astro Bot, Wipeout, Doom, Skyrim, Playstation VR Worlds plus Super Stardust Ultra VR, Resident Evil 7, 2 months free Now TV PLUS BLOOD & TRUTH for an insane £209!!!!!!!  What the actual fuck.

No move controllers though :coffee:

6 hours ago, boybrown said:

That's amazing. I bought most of that individually over the last 3 years.  Cost 575 quid overall.

9 hours ago, SeanR said:

No move controllers though :coffee:

I’m selling a bundle in the Trading folding that includes 2 Move controllers if anyone is interested.....

Anybody know if there's a charging station for the new Move controllers (with Micro USB)?  The Amazon reviews for the official one says it's for the old ones with the mini USB connector only.

Edit: hmm, apparently it shouldn't even use the USB port, and should use the other connectors on the bottom of the controller. 

11 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Don't really understand your post, is there more than one socket on a Move controller (not near mine currently)?

Not a socket exactly, but a couple of electrical contacts.

• Upvote 1

Well, I finished Moss last night - which was absolutely charming, but quite short.  When it said "end of book one" I expected it to carry on !  Anyway, onwards and upwards.  I still am building up my brain to VR, so instead of moving on to a more action game, I picked up Statik on the store as it was only £6.49 or something.  What a fun concept - I love a puzzle, and it feels like I've really got my hands trapped in a device trying to figure my way out :)

• Upvote 1

On 07/06/2019 at 09:30, SteveH said:

What distance are you guys sitting/standing from the TV? Blood and Truth is giving me real tracking problems with the Move controllers. It either loses them lower down when messing with stuff like in the car rides for example, or reaching higher when climbing ladders. I usually sit around 6 feet away...ish, and don't normally have any problems. Cheers

Yeah, I found I had to step a bit further back than I was used to. If you've played Farpoint, think of the bounding box that draws when calibrating and try to stay approximately inside that. Like you I had some terrible trouble until I stepped back from the camera.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CurryKitten said:

Well, I finished Moss last night - which was absolutely charming, but quite short.  When it said "end of book one" I expected it to carry on !  Anyway, onwards and upwards.  I still am building up my brain to VR, so instead of moving on to a more action game, I picked up Statik on the store as it was only £6.49 or something.  What a fun concept - I love a puzzle, and it feels like I've really got my hands trapped in a device trying to figure my way out :)

Statik is great. I would do one puzzle roughly every few days. It's a unique experience and a nice change of pace.

Yeah I just tried the Statik demo. Love that there is literally no explanation. Made me feel clever when I worked the whole thing out!

Also had a go at Headmaster, found that really fun, is the full game worth getting? 

I was really apprehensive about getting VR as it’s a lot of money if it turns out to be a gimmick I never use. Tbh I guess it is a bit of a gimmick, but as gimmicks go it’s a fucking amazing one. Even had a couple of gos at Wipeout and didn’t feel queasy, so hoping that means I’m not a bad motion sickness sufferer.

Headmaster is fantastic. Think I've played that more than any other VR game; plus very accessible for those new to VR. Highly addictive to try and get three stars on each level. Think the family have spent 15 hours+ already on it.

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission was the game all of you guys have been going nuts over recently, right? I see it's on offer in the sale...

EDIT: And what about Doom VFR too?

Astro Bot is an absolute must have game if you have PSVR. Personally I really didn't get on with Doom VFR, until I got an Aim controller at which point it's a lot of fun. If you don't have one then I wouldn't recommend it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Hopefully that's just a comfort option, and it'll have various control methods.  Looks good, though.

There is free movement, apparently.