rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

That's quite an impressive figure for such a niche product. 

what's that as an attachment rate though? 1 in 10 PS4 owners?

I still bloody love my PSVR. I think they're going to go full tilt on VR with PS5, and if they don't bundle a headset with the PS5 as standard then they'll at least defo have all required hardware to run VR baked into the console as standard.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, they should have its successor ready for launch, and release a VR console bundle.

It’s almost its own genre of gaming now, and it won’t replace normal, flat screen gaming, at least until it’s ‘Back to Reality’ level of good, so it won’t be mandatory.

I'm sure VR will definitely keep going - even just at an indie level there are developers creating things who will want to see their games on all VR platforms, and as technology improves more developers may be tempted. I think going all-in with VR for the next-gen could be a bit much for some (considering how much a bundled headset might affect the price), but if the PS5 was "VR-ready" and you could choose between the next-gen VR headset or what we have today (less bells and whistles but cheaper by then), it might sway people. :) 

2019 now, WTF! No real mention of the VR component in that trailer either. I'm super-pumped for it, but cautious - I saw from the Soul Calibur thread that Namco are still milking the players with paid DLC as much as they can.

Qazi, what would anyone be interested in those when Senran Kagura Peach Beach Festival is on sale and has VR. NFSW warning.

On sale for 20 quid lads!

• Upvote 1

Time to revive the PSVR thread as tomorrow some supposedly good games get released. 

Torn, Bow to Blood and of course Firewall Zero Hour. Now that its much cooler I had a fair old session today. Played the Transference demo, Zone of Enders (both demo's) and The Persistence. Never played any Z.O.E games but i'll be picking that up in early September. Transference was a mind fuck and The Persistence is excellent. Lets Hope Firewall lives up to the hype and we can all dust off our Aim controllers for some 4 on 4 action. 

Firewall looks and sounds great, but its survival is tied to how many people want to team up, play properly and have VR.

I'm interested, how many of you are as well?

I have it downloaded and have the gun controller, right up my alley. The impressions from the US are very positive, as they got it today...

I’m looking to get a copy from Argos. Not really my thing but I’m willing to give it a go as I have an aim controller and the positive initial impressions

Got my Argos copy. For some reason it was showing as pre order only and when the guy sorted it out in store the price displayed was 24.99 instead of 27.99. Sweet. Can't wait to get shot to shit later on :)

Early delivery or did they sell it over the counter? Only listed as pre order in store on the tablets.

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

Early delivery or did they sell it over the counter? Only listed as pre order in store on the tablets.

they sold it over the counter. its showing as pre order only but they sorted it out for me on the spot.

Just did the same. The normal £28 one is a preorder for tomorrow but a £25 version is listed as today. It’s some sort of bug. Happy days

Sounds  like this might be very good going off the first few streams I've seen. Just managed to start The Persistence last night and it's Dragon Quest XI next week, so time is going to be scarce.

Ooh, interested in this. Glad that you can move around with the sticks, and you don’t have to do that stupid teleporting nonsense.

Anyone grabbing Torn? Out today... 

Got it downloaded for tomorrow. Looks ace, and scored by Garry Schyman! 

7 hours ago, Steven said:

Sounds  like this might be very good going off the first few streams I've seen. Just managed to start The Persistence last night and it's Dragon Quest XI next week, so time is going to be scarce.

Can confirm it’s pretty good. I’ve only played PvE (solo and with a trio in the states) and it was fun, if a little repetitive. Defending or attaching is basically a wave based shooter and some enemies become bullet sponges. Suspect PvP will be better.

It looks good, moves smooth and is intuitive. You shoot where you point the gun and there are strong echoes of Rainbow 6.

• Upvote 1

@noob I like the look of it, but does it have move controls, or is it pad only? I tweeted aspyr with the question, but got no response. 

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

@noob I like the look of it, but does it have move controls, or is it pad only? I tweeted aspyr with the question, but got no response. 

Not sure yet, but I will know tomorrow, so will let you know. 

I'm SO EXCITED to hear the score, and lucky enough that they have sent me some pieces to play on the next DorkTunes, another world exclusive :wub:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

Pad or Aim only, no move support at the moment, IIRC.