PlayStation VR

rubberducker

On 5 August 2018 at 21:28, BubbleFish said:

Anyone else tried The Persistence ? It's fantastic! A mix of Dead Space and System Shock where everytime you play or die the levels are regenerated. High level of polish on everything and you can even have a second player via a smartphone app play for or against you by manipulating the environment.  

Looked at some reviews and haven't heard a bad thing about it. Shop to currently selling it for £17.68 for a physical copy. Ordered it around 4pm yesterday and it's already here.

On 05/08/2018 at 21:28, BubbleFish said:

Anyone else tried Perseverance? It's fantastic! A mix of Dead Space and System Shock where everytime you play or die the levels are regenerated. High level of polish on everything and you can even have a second player via a smartphone app play for or against you by manipulating the environment.  

There's a demo of it on the store as well. I think it's part of demo pack 2.

On 10/08/2018 at 11:23, Steven said:

Looked at some reviews and haven't heard a bad thing about it. Shop to currently selling it for £17.68 for a physical copy. Ordered it around 4pm yesterday and it's already here.

I didn't know this had a physical release. Sold out in most places so tried Argos and bingo £15.99 

Yeah, they should have its successor ready for launch, and release a VR console bundle.

It’s almost its own genre of gaming now, and it won’t replace normal, flat screen gaming, at least until it’s ‘Back to Reality’ level of good, so it won’t be mandatory.

I'm sure VR will definitely keep going - even just at an indie level there are developers creating things who will want to see their games on all VR platforms, and as technology improves more developers may be tempted. I think going all-in with VR for the next-gen could be a bit much for some (considering how much a bundled headset might affect the price), but if the PS5 was "VR-ready" and you could choose between the next-gen VR headset or what we have today (less bells and whistles but cheaper by then), it might sway people. :) 

Time to revive the PSVR thread as tomorrow some supposedly good games get released. 

Torn, Bow to Blood and of course Firewall Zero Hour. Now that its much cooler I had a fair old session today. Played the Transference demo, Zone of Enders (both demo's) and The Persistence. Never played any Z.O.E games but i'll be picking that up in early September. Transference was a mind fuck and The Persistence is excellent. Lets Hope Firewall lives up to the hype and we can all dust off our Aim controllers for some 4 on 4 action. 

Smyths gives the usual discount when you pre-order and collect it in store. Only applies to the game + Aim Controller bundle. It launches tomorrow.

Tempted to go physical for once.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/great-savings-on-these-pre-order-video-games-for-collection-in-store/firewall-zero-hour-%2b-aim-controller-bundle-ps-vr/p/168823