PlayStation VR

14 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Have you had a chance to try this out yet?

Yeah, it didn't pass a full 4k picture through. In the end I just went for a couple of hdmi female to female connectors. I just swap cables, it's slightly less inconvenient than swapping the hdmi on the ps4 directly 

'm going to be asking a few newbie questions sorry in advance.

1. which is the best charging stand for PSVR headset, controllers etc. I've seen good reviews of the "Collective Minds" stand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMAeHChhWR0&ab_channel=VladimirKostek any other personal recommendations?

2. Headphones, i don't want to spend a fortune just a better set than the in ear ones supplied. 

cheers

On 22/11/2017 at 05:09, partious said:

Have you tried placing the psvr on a flat surface before you turn it on and then putting it on your head afterwards.

That was the advice a year ago and I still always do it like that. Place it on the floor/a table and turn it on, wait a few seconds for it to calibrate then put it on your head.

I'd previously been switching the headset on while it was resting at an angle on the sofa so I had high hopes for this suggestion. Unfortunately, placing it on the floor then turning it on resulted in exactly the same thing. Squint picture frame. It's not so noticeable in-game (until a menu or title appears, just as squint) but the main PS4 menu is always slightly tilted. I highly doubt it's a faulty unit - it's something to do with the way I have it set up, surely.

Interestingly when I launch a game, the image is perfectly straight for a split second then it 'corrects' itself to the squint angle immediately. Really weird.

I had this issue a while ago Ann. I found a solution that worked for me on Reddit.

Take the headset off and put it down somewhere, ensuring it’s 100% level. Then go into VR screen size and change it to large. Wait a couple of secs and then flick it back to medium (or small) depending what you’d prefer. Bingo. Job done. Worked for me...

3 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

I had this issue a while ago Ann. I found a solution that worked for me on Reddit.

Take the headset off and put it down somewhere, ensuring it’s 100% level. Then go into VR screen size and change it to large. Wait a couple of secs and then flick it back to medium (or small) depending what you’d prefer. Bingo. Job done. Worked for me...

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

3 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

How essential are Moves? And other than scouring eBay and hoping for the best on a second hand pair, is there a surefire way to get a cheap pair?

Anything to look out for in second hand sets, or is a move a move and there's never a difference (I see different coloured ones in packaging shots)?

The only thing I would add to other comments is that Sony have redesigned the Move controllers to use Micro-USB rather than Mini-USB, you might want to avoid having a mixtures of leads etc..  I assume charging docks are okay with both variants although I'm not sure.

23 hours ago, RobNoyce said:

Still awaiting a dispatch from Amazon..  If they fuck me over on this I am done with them! (for about a week no doubt)

Mine showed 'dispatching now, awaiting estimated delivery' yesterday...and is now on the van for delivery today! :omg:

Amazon seem to be a little slow in updating over the Black Friday sales.

25 minutes ago, boybrown said:

Tried Rec Room last night. That is insane fun. Not touched RE7 or Skyrim yet. Still got my demos, VR Worlds and Playroom to sample first :)

I played VR Worlds yesterday and I wasn't expecting as much content so was quite surprised. 

The space adventure has some of the best movement I've ever had in a space game of that nature, far better than Dead Space. Also the final bit is brilliant.

23 minutes ago, smac said:

Mine showed 'dispatching now, awaiting estimated delivery' yesterday...and is now on the van for delivery today! :omg:

Amazon seem to be a little slow in updating over the Black Friday sales.

Indeed, Mine went from undispatched to dispatched and out for delivery today overnight. I'm away from 12 though so wont get to play till Sunday! I've already experienced Rush of Blood on a friends device and I can't wait to try some other things. I have GT but am thinking of picking up Driveclub while I'm away given how GT sounds more like a taster experience. I wish I hadn't sunk another 50+ hours into Skyrim recently, I don't think even the thrill of VR can gloss over my familiarity with it right now.

Reckon Battlezone is worth a cop at £10 in the sale? Quite liked the demo, and I understand it's even more fun if you select smaller, more rapid tanks. The one in the demo was utterly tank like, but I dug the whole Tron aesthetic. The demo did make me feel top 2 sick I've ever felt in VR, right enough.

Out of the blue I'm having tracking issues. In Skyrim the compass and pause menu is now to the left, and if I go to lean in to look at something it's all wrong, left is right almost. I didn't touch anything at all it just was there all of a sudden. Any help would be great.

Setting the distance between your eyes. There is an automated way of doing it using the cameras within the settings, but if you can measure or already know your IPD then setting it manually using this guide will get the best results. Not only does it improve clarity and comfort, if it's done correctly scale will look correct if you have the correct setting.

https://www.vrheads.com/how-manually-set-your-ipd-playstation-vr

2 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

You change anything in the room with regards to lighting? 

Also, obvious one, but have you tried a full cold reboot of your PS4?

No lighting was changed, I unplugged everything, rebooted the ps4 even redid the camera settings and it's still not right. Apparently it's an issue with a lot of people now playing Skyrim.

23 hours ago, Super Craig said:

Have you had a chance to try this out yet?

I picked one up and have tried a combination of various leads that I know can carry 4k HDR . none of them work with this switch . It’s fine with 4k , but soon as I enable HDR on the port I get no signal . Unplug it all and HDMI straight from the Ps Pro to the TV and it works again .