PlayStation VR

20 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I refuse to buy yet another version of Skyrim (especially not for £50) so I've consoled myself with "I Expect You To Die" which is finally on sale in the Black Friday deals.

Totally it is way too much plus they should have provided an update option, but that isn't how Bethesda operates.  <_<

My psvr arrived today so now I have two copies on ps4.

Never tried PS VR before and wasn't sure especially after seeing all the blinking cables.  Just played Rush of blood and so far so fun, pretty amazing how you feel the movement without actually moving.

2 hours ago, smac said:

Battlezone VR any good? It's in the PS+ Black Friday sale. As is Star Trek Bridge Commander and a few others.

I've put more hours into Battlezone than any other VR game. The closest thing to a bullet hell shoot'em up in 3D, as long as you pick the light and nimble tank.

Rec Room is really interesting . only gave it 10 minutes but played tennis with a French baby by the sounds of it. 

Also Anywhere is free, and an interesting idea.  Play puzzle games by the river.

Ministry of Time is worth a look, also free, complete shit but has a hot girl in it.

Some positive Game (the shop) news. I went in for the Skyrim/Move bundle still wasn’t sure on dropping £300 A’s I’ve never tried VR before. Staff advised me to go to Virtual X in Brum and have ago and see what I thought. Played SuerHot and smeething else, absolutely loved it and the experience. Went back purchased my bundle. I understand the setup in the shop was most probably better (the guy told me 2 grand for the PC it was connected to and 700 for the headset) but if it comes close for what I’ve paid I’ll be happy.

so I have £30 in amazon money. I’m thinking RE7 anything else I should get? Super hot seemed good fun 

5 minutes ago, boybrown said:

Some positive Game (the shop) news. I went in for the Skyrim/Move bundle still wasn’t sure on dropping £300 A’s I’ve never tried VR before. Staff advised me to go to Virtual X in Brum and have ago and see what I thought. Played SuerHot and smeething else, absolutely loved it and the experience. Went back purchased my bundle. I understand the setup in the shop was most probably better (the guy told me 2 grand for the PC it was connected to and 700 for the headset) but if it comes close for what I’ve paid I’ll be happy.

so I have £30 in amazon money. I’m thinking RE7 anything else I should get? Super hot seemed good fun 

What did you get in that bundle as it is £250.00 from Shopto.

Never mind, I missed the "move bundle" bit.

There are a couple of other freebies on the store this week.

Anywhere VR - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2678-CUSA07583_00-ANYWHEREVR000000

Seems to be some sort of relaxation thing.  Can't wait.

Ministry of Time VR - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2405-CUSA10017_00-0000000000000000

A 15 minute VR experience.  Sounds interesting enough.

Edit: Apparently they came out in October.  I'm so behind.

1 hour ago, boybrown said:

Upvoted for 'smeething'.

3 hours ago, boybrown said:

Sounds like you tried out a Vive rather than PS VR, since you're not actually used to it you probably won't notice much if any drawbacks with a PS VR.

I ordered this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00W6XRCKA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511203032&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=csl+hdmi+switch

Hmm doesn't specifically mention HDCP2. 2

8 hours ago, SeanR said:

what you mean is you didn't want to pay more than £15, am i right?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SMARTOOO-23031-60Hz-HDMI-Switcher/dp/B06XCS9CGB

Nope but wanted to avoid more devices that require mains power.. 

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Sounds like you tried out a Vive rather than PS VR, since you're not actually used to it you probably won't notice much if any drawbacks with a PS VR.

Yep i know it was a Vive and i read its most probably the best VR experience out there but at £299 for the bundle i got i thought if the PSVR is anything like it then it was worth a punt. 

I haven't even taken it out the box yet. I'm a bit tired. I've downloaded a shit load of demos from the PS store though. I cancelled my PS plus subscription and it ends on Sunday. Looks like i'll be renewing it again. Downloading this months VR game Rush of Blood. I know its a different experience but i liked Until Dawn. 

Each new day brings a new problem.

Tonight I switched on the headset and put it on, to be greeted with a big USB sign in the middle of the screen. USB. That's it. Helpful. I've unplugged and re-plugged all the cables. Same with the camera. Still the USB error. The only change I've made is connecting two new Move controllers for the first time. Any ideas?

Edit: never mind, I was being a fucking idiot. How did I decide to charge the two Move controllers? By yanking out everything from the PS4's two front USB ports. One of which had been powering, you guessed it, the PSVR headset.

I love seeing all these new reactions to PSVR and how much you're all loving it, it's like Day One all over again :D 
*edit*
Also I see Battlezone is in the sale for £10.49 is it worth it if you play single player? I seem to remember folks saying it needs to be played multi-player or that it was too difficult.

OMFG.  Just fired mine up for a bit and played Rec Room. 

This thing gets better and better.

No spoilers just get it downloaded and try it. Requires moves. 

Actually one spoiler as we found it by accident....

Spoiler

You can brofist and high five each other

:o

I'm having some issues with the picture drifting in some games. Can't reset it as whilst the PlayStation knows I'm looking directly st the camera the game has twisted around to my right 90 degrees with the only way to reset it by closing the game. Any ways to solve this?

1 hour ago, ann coulter said:

Each new day brings a new problem.

Tonight I switched on the headset and put it on, to be greeted with a big USB sign in the middle of the screen. USB. That's it. Helpful. I've unplugged and re-plugged all the cables. Same with the camera. Still the USB error. The only change I've made is connecting two new Move controllers for the first time. Any ideas?

Edit: never mind, I was being a fucking idiot. How did I decide to charge the two Move controllers? By yanking out everything from the PS4's two front USB ports. One of which had been powering, you guessed it, the PSVR headset.

Of all the good things about the Pro , one cannot overstate the delight of the rear usb when it comes to PSVR . 

Holding the Options button never fixes anything for me. It just resets the image to the front of whichever direction I'm looking. It doesn't straighten anything up or rotate the angle of the image or anything.

I have never managed to get the image I'm looking at in the headset to be perfectly horizontal - it is always lopsided, at a twenty minutes to two angle (well, more like a sixteen minutes to three angle, i.e. much less extreme, but still slightly off).

Tilting my head and holding options has no effect. Nor does tilting the camera and holding options. Just recentres the image in front of me but doesn't straight it out horizontally. The entire experience feels like one endless battle with the hardware to get a half hour blast of uncomfortable, off-centre gameplay out of it.

43 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Of all the good things about the Pro , one cannot overstate the delight of the rear usb when it comes to PSVR . 

is another good thing it doesn't sound like a fucking jet engine when you fire it up. I was considering getting a pro bundle with COD WWII and GT, selling the games, trading in my ver 1 PS4 and also selling my (only used twice) Ones mini to go towards it. I've read though that there isn't much of an improvement with the pro for VR. And i've only got a 1080p tv.

Anyway, what a fantastic first night with PSVR. It truly is a unbelievable experience. I'm gonna spew a fucking fortune :(

2 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Holding the Options button never fixes anything for me. It just resets the image to the front of whichever direction I'm looking. It doesn't straighten anything up or rotate the angle of the image or anything.

I have never managed to get the image I'm looking at in the headset to be perfectly horizontal - it is always lopsided, at a twenty minutes to two angle (well, more like a sixteen minutes to three angle, i.e. much less extreme, but still slightly off).

Tilting my head and holding options has no effect. Nor does tilting the camera and holding options. Just recentres the image in front of me but doesn't straight it out horizontally. The entire experience feels like one endless battle with the hardware to get a half hour blast of uncomfortable, off-centre gameplay out of it.

That’s very odd. Is the headset on your head straight and is your camera close to perfectly horizontal? If so then you might have a dodgy unit - I’ve never had to level my PSVR. 

4 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

That’s very odd. Is the headset on your head straight and is your camera close to perfectly horizontal? If so then you might have a dodgy unit - I’ve never had to level my PSVR. 

The position of the camera makes no difference. Experimentally, I turned the camera literally upside down, held options, and it reset the image exactly as before, at exactly the same lopsided sixteen minutes to three angle. I've tried shifting the headset about on my skull but the image behaves like a spirit level, except with a wonky sense of gravity.