IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

18 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

Just bought a second hand headset for £260 with camera and move controllers. Seemed like a decent price as my TV doesn't do HDR.

Is there a decent list of recommended games? Will get Driveclub VR as that's £7.99 currently.

That is an absolute bloody bargain. Congrats.

I wholeheartedly recommend Batman VR, and if you can hack being terrified, Resi 7.

Has anyone else gotten a one year PSVR owner survey from Sony? I filled mine in. For me the lack of play I've given it is simply due to the lack of stuff coming out that interests me.

I'll certainly be getting Skyrim VR if it's up to snuff though

5 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

Yeah I had the survey too. I was pretty complimentary as I want to encourage them to continue developing the platform. 

Yeah. My only complaint is that most of the stuff coming out isn't really to my taste. I love having it otherwise. I think it just needs more higher profile stuff like Rez/Resi etc to push up the visibility. Some of the smaller titles have been great (Here they Lie and Starship Disco take a bow)

On 10/10/2017 at 12:36, ashmatuk said:

Just bought a second hand headset for £260 with camera and move controllers. Seemed like a decent price as my TV doesn't do HDR.

Is there a decent list of recommended games? Will get Driveclub VR as that's £7.99 currently.

Why would your TV need to support HDR ? It's being projected on the 2 VR displays, right ?

I bring news of Megaton Rainfall.

It's weirdly awesome. It's a 3d shooter. Full 3d movement (With all the usual VR puke reducing options like stepping and reduced vision cone if you need them). It has a story mode but I think once you complete that it becomes a score attack shooter with ranks.

You appear to be a superhero and aliens are attacking cities. You fly around and shoot them to bits while trying to avoid collateral damage. It's quite hard and getting the higher ranks for a level should be pretty challenging.

Controls are head to aim. DS4 to turn and fly around. r1 and l1 to gain and lose alltitude. R2 to shoot. I'm only two levels in.

Really good soundtrack too.

Playing Gran Turismo Sport in virtual reality feels amazing. Actually feeling like you’re inside these top-notch vehicles is an awesome accomplishment, and it adds a lot of strategy in having to actually watch your mirrors while driving. It really adds so much to the experience, and while there’s a definite knock in resolution, it looks much better than Driveclub VR. Sadly, the mode is super bare bones (several options such as certain time conditions can’t be picked), and you can only race against one other car on the tracks.

It makes an incredible first impression, and then I was left wondering why I booted up the mode since there wasn’t much to actually do in it.
Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/17/gran-turismo-sport-career-mode-review-ps4/#1JY3pPGmYdA3FUPd.99

I know it's technically a bonus feature, but enough of the tech demos, Sony. It's been a year.

At least there's always Dirt Rally.

4 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Are there better driving vr games on PC? I wonder if it's worth building a gaming pc instead?

A gaming PC capable of driving VR for the same price as a PS4 (pro) and PSVR?

possibly not, but hey, if you've got the money, it'll always be the best for at least the next 12-18 months*.

* whenever ATI/Nvidea release all new GPU architecture.

42 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I don't understand why it can't run Elite Dangerous in VR. Resi 7 looks amazing and that's VR compatible.

David Braben originally said that framerate and motion are key elements of the VR experience and hinted that PlayStation wasn’t capable enough. 

Like you say though, RE7 is a very impressive VR experience so if Capcom can do it then Frontier are possibly just not capable. 

Perhaps on a Pro it’s doable but vanilla PS4 is the issue.

13 minutes ago, Black Cat Supremacist said:

David Braben originally said that framerate and motion are key elements of the VR experience and hinted that PlayStation wasn’t capable enough. 

Like you say though, RE7 is a very impressive VR experience so if Capcom can do it then Frontier are possibly just not capable. 

Perhaps on a Pro it’s doable but vanilla PS4 is the issue.

the PS4 isn't allowed to run ED well in VR, because for the longest while it was the game boners used to beat ps4 owners over the head with.

You know, when it was exclusive... :coffee:

4 hours ago, Oracle said:

Are there better driving vr games on PC? I wonder if it's worth building a gaming pc instead?

It's expensive of course but there certainly are.

The entirity of Project Cars 1 and 2, Asetto Corsa, iRacing and I believe rFactor 2 can be played in VR and that's basically all the sim worth simming.

And I can vouch that Pcars and iracing at least deliver the experience described for GT Sport up there, except with 45 other cars around you.

Much as I love PSVR, you could build a kick ass gaming PC with VR, and the extra money you spend would be offset by the quantity, quality and price of PC games.

The biggest problem for me with the PSVR is that stuff like Batman is £16, and whilst it is genuinely brilliant, it's about 45 minutes long.  The PC has loads of cool free demos, full price games are £30 (I paid £50 for Resident Evil 7 on PSVR), and I think the PC side of things has a better future than the PS if I'm honest.  Not dissing PSVR at all, I love it, but like so many people here, I evangelise how fantastic it is, then realise it only comes out when people ask to see it, or I play through Resident Evil 7 again.  VR seems to be the home of tech demos, shovelware and quick hit ideas, and that's fine if they are 99p like on PC.  Polybius is the best game I have played in years and that, along with Resi are worth the money.  Superhot, despite being outstanding is £20 and once you finish it (2 hours) you don't go back, it's too much hassle to clear the space.