rllmuk

PlayStation VR

10 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Go on, you're all bored of it now aren't you?

Bored? I'm not bored with the PSVR at all. What I'm bored with is the lack of real games. RE7 can't be released quick enough. 
Aside from the Nintendo Switch, the PSVR is what I'm having the highest hopes for this year. 

1 hour ago, dumpster said:

Anyone tried the Chinese demo Kill X? 

Hearing really good things but not sure I can be bothered setting up a Chinese account .

I will have a look at setting up an account and let you know.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Just tried out PSVR for the first time and loaded up the X-Wing demo. Though it was great fun, I almost threw my guts up. Felt sick for at least an hour after. I want one of these but don't think I'm cut out for it.

:(

The X-Wing demo fucked me up, as did Battlefront and Driveclub. I daren't try Rigs or Eve Valkyrie. Even the slide at the end of Robot Rescue made me feel dodgy. I'm quite susceptible to car sickness if I'm in the back seat, and seasickness a bit too. Thankfully Rez Infinite has been completely fine, so the £400-odd outlay remains justified.

I'd been looking forward to RE7, but having watched my cousin give First Hour a go last week, I'm like fuck that.

At least I've got Rez.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

Just tried out PSVR for the first time and loaded up the X-Wing demo. Though it was great fun, I almost threw my guts up. Felt sick for at least an hour after. I want one of these but don't think I'm cut out for it.

:(

Over a few weeks of easing yourself in to it all of that goes for most people.

im still loving it as a whole. I think the ceiling is very high and the PS4 pro makes all the difference. The image quality is superb. 

I just wish all those dark dungeon games were just fun rather than unsettling. Those are the games I want to play but not if it's going to stress me out just going through a doorway.

Fast forward 6 months and I think we'll have some great stuff to play and maybe the launch stuff will cone down to a nicer price.

Anyone read Nate's piece in Edge this month about just not being arsed with the set-up required for playing VR when he can just grab the controller and fire up gaming comfort-food like Destiny?

It's kind of where I've got to. Had an amazing few months with PSVR but all I played over Christmas was stuff like Doom, TF2 and Inside. All great games of course, but I have a PSVR pile of shame to play, and had the time, but couldn't summon up the energy. Doesn't help having a puppy running around everywhere either!

• Upvote 4

I've been using my gearvr far more than my psvr lately, and it's only partially due to the fact that gearvr has a much better games catalogue at the moment (and the games are priced more appropriately for what they are).

Fusion wars (the excellent Battlezone "inspired" game for gear vr) for 500 yen (£3 ?) vs battlezone for well over 10 times that price etc.

The other factor is that the set up, while not that big a deal, is enough to put me off, as opposed to just putting the gear vr on my head.

I suppose my biggest issue is that I have to move the camera around depending on the game. Sitting playing until dawn vs standing miles from camera for holoball vs standing playing the assembly etc.

People make a big deal about positional tracking, but to be honest I don't miss it when using the gear vr and there are certain psvr games (driveclub vr) where i find it an added hassle and would prefer it wasnt there, as it causes me to have to reset my position by holding the options button every now and then.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

Anyone read Nate's piece in Edge this month about just not being arsed with the set-up required for playing VR when he can just grab the controller and fire up gaming comfort-food like Destiny?

It's kind of where I've got to. Had an amazing few months with PSVR but all I played over Christmas was stuff like Doom, TF2 and Inside. All great games of course, but I have a PSVR pile of shame to play, and had the time, but couldn't summon up the energy. Doesn't help having a puppy running around everywhere either!

Yeah, I agree. Swapping out wires when trying to use PSVR with a Pro just became too much of a hassle. When I had it set up with my og PS4 I played my PSVR near every day. 

In the early days everything had a demo so I bought a lot of games off the back of trying them out beforehand. Since that hardly anything has had a demo. Cost also put me off multiple titles. The aforementioned Battlezone is a great example. For £19.99 I'd have bought it. Anything over and it's just not happening. 

VR is the most innovative thing to happen in gaming for decades but it's in its infancy and needs that stellar title to launch it into the big time. I'm presuming Valve have something up their sleeve.

21 hours ago, Napole0n said:

I bought it. Presentation is excellent and the game itself is quite fun but it gets pretty hard very soon and I lost interest. Also the 'looking around your cube' thing doesn't work nearly as well as it should - I mean, it does work obviously, but it's a rather tiresome way of playing.

In other words, in retrospect I wouldn't have bought it, or maybe if it was a fiver or so.

Yeah, that's the gut feeling I had about it. Thanks for replying. I'll wait for a decent sale price.

27 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I went to check how to import songs for spaceship disco... found this:

That guy is like a weird budget version of the lead character from Entourage mixed with an middle aged lady from the Jersey Shore. He started Youtubing just after me and has killed it with consistency to be fair to him

Taken from hotukdeals but it looks like some VR games have been discounted until the 20th of January:

Werewolves Within - 36% off - £15.99
Surgeon Simulator Experience Reality - 28% off w/ PS Plus - £11.39
Pinball FX 2 VR - 30% off w/ PS Plus - 8.29
Robinson The Journey - 36% off - £34.99
The Brookhaven Experiment - 36% off w/ PS Plus - £9.49
Eagle Flight - 28% off - £24.99
Weeping Doll - 27% off - £5.79
Pixel Gear - 35% off - £5.79
Ace Banana - 35% off - £7.39
Keep Talking and Nobody Expodes - 33% off - £7.99
Kismet - 31% off - £3.99
Super Hyper Cube - 36% off - £15.99
VEV: Viva Ex Vivo VR Edition - 37% off - £2.49

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Anyone else tried Croft Manor from RotTR in VR. Exploring the manor was okay, but I overused the shoulder buttons to change the way I was facing, and it started to make me feel a bit weird after a while. 

I'm pretty sure you can have full free movment as opposed to "comfort" mode.

13 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Yeah, I tweaked the settings (including removing that ridiculous 'cage' around you). But I don't like normal first person controls in VR. So while was freely looking and moving around, I often used to the shoulder buttons to orient myself, otherwise I'd have strangled myself with the chord from turning too much.

To be honest I've not tried the free mode yet. I did a bit of the Comfort mode standing up, which was ok, but its just basically like walking round a museum , but instead of dinosaurs, it was old plates.

I'll probably go back and give the free mode a go.

2 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

I used free mode in Croft Manor, was OK. Didn't find the thing particularly interesting though, it's mainly walking around a lot listening to a lot of rather uninteresting text.

what about Lara's nightmare? Is that horde mode in the manor?

On 1/5/2017 at 07:18, jonamok said:

This is me too, I am contemplating the £325 CEX trade in, but I have invested a load in download games that would go to waste.

If I had a room devoted to it might be different.  Also not being able to eat or drink while playing is annoying, I game to relax.

When you are actually all set up and in the game though nothing comes close, and thats where my indecision lies.