rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

6 minutes ago, Hean Dog said:

Is anyone else getting slightly concerned that we still are not seeing any full blown experiences?  Im talking something like Batman or the Heist being fleshed out into a full game.

A look at release schedules online doesnt seem to indicate any on the way either.  

I agree to an extent. I know Bethesda are looking at how they can bring Fallout 4 to VR, my only concern there is will it only be for PC or will the PSVR get a look in?

I think they have all been a bit sceptical, making a full blown game will cost time and money on something new. That is something big games companies simply don't do anymore unless they know there will be a definate market! So in time I think it will provided the VR continues to gain interest from consumers.

3 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I agree to an extent. I know Bethesda are looking at how they can bring Fallout 4 to VR, my only concern there is will it only be for PC or will the PSVR get a look in?

I think they have all been a bit sceptical, making a full blown game will cost time and money on something new. That is something big games companies simply don't do anymore unless they know there will be a definate market! So in time I think it will provided the VR continues to gain interest from consumers.

Even the smaller experiences seem to be drying up.  What is there on the horizon that we should be looking forward to?  Star Wars X Wing, and that seems to be it for the rest of the year? :(

Just now, Hean Dog said:

Even the smaller experiences seem to be drying up.  What is there on the horizon that we should be looking forward to?  Star Wars X Wing, and that seems to be it for the rest of the year? :(

No different to any other console launch ever though is it. Which is what this is. In fact we have done bloody well in terms of launch games. There'll be stuff coming.

1 minute ago, Hean Dog said:

Maybe not between now and Christmas, but if you consider how many games have already come out (albeit a little short) it's quite impressive. I think werewolves within is due to come out which looks quite entertaining.

Then come next year we have the likes of Resi Evil 7, Star Trek (if your into that sort of thing), Gran Turismo. In time I suspect a number of the already existing PC vr games will find their way over in some form or other (some area already here) but I can see Minecraft VR coming over for example.

Yeah there aren't any "full blown" experiences but it was always going to be the case. There are very few people / companies out there willing to splash out on untested tech. I.e Look at electric cars, out of all of the car companies out there, there aren't many who were willing to dive right in. It's the same scenario. So long as people continue to buy whats there and see that there is a market then games will come. 

If people don't buy the games / technology it will go the same was as the Vita which would be a shame.

Though if i'm honest, some of my best experiences are playing the likes of Final Fantasy 8 and 9 in "Cinema" mode ^_^ I haven't tried it with. Come to think of it, can you get a HDMI adaptor for the Nintendo Wii, playing Fire emblem might be interesting.... 

28 minutes ago, macosx said:

I think it's been a really strong launch.
 Loads to play

I totally agree, Im just starting to cast my eye forward now and not seeing much on horizon.  

There are a few games coming out, and we should get a steady stream of content from Vive/Occulus ports (we've already seen Brookhaven and the time travelling dinosaur game thing). I think the release schedule looks decent. 

Pinball VR is out today too.

The schedule looks great IMO, plenty of new stuff to try, as well as that I'm waiting for some of the initial releases to lower in price a bit.

It's all good.

6 minutes ago, Spleen said:

Pinball VR is out today too.

The schedule looks great IMO, plenty of new stuff to try, as well as that I'm waiting for some of the initial releases to lower in price a bit.

It's all good.

Didnt know that was out today, I could be interested in that.  Look forward to hearing what people make of it.

Bound is amazing looking and might become my go-to demo piece when people visit.  But the game itself seems to be just walking.  When you fall overboard you carry on from where you left off, unlimited lives, there's not actually game involved is there? 

Not really, you can basically tackle all threats by pressing the dance button. There are a couple of semi-challenging platform bits and there's one or two places where you have to find a button to activate a platform or something. I still found it a great game to go through, if only for the scenery and the visual story bits. 

I didn't like the pregnant lady littering the beach with her ripped out pages though :angry:

Holoball is fun but how far back do you need to be?! I'm about 10' back and it's still not enough. I can hit the high ones but anything low and my wand doesn't register. 

Did you calibrate the floor level? I'm about 7 foot away and it's fine . I'm scared to move around too much though so I'm sort of rooted to the spot. Zen mode is great . It's basically squash.

Ah I just measured and I'm only 6.5 feet back so I probably just need to adjust the living room some more. 

Bit annoying that there's no online though!

Kinda got suckered with pinball there. Bought walking dead table, didn't realise needed base game as well, so had to spend another 16 dollars to get that.

good news is I like it, although mileage on pinball games is always limited as I find it impossible to learn the tables. 

I tried titanfall 2 in cinema mode and nearly puked straight away, didn't realise you could get it outside of proper VR mode 

I just got motion sickness for the first time with the PSVR tonight playing Scavengers Odyssey. Got very hot as well and had started to sweat despite my flat being cold. Had to stop my session even though I was enjoying the game.

I just got motion sickness for the first time with the PSVR tonight playing Scavengers Odyssey. Got very hot as well and had started to sweat despite my flat being cold. Had to stop my session even though I was enjoying the game.

I get it bad off scavengers odyssey can only play for 15 minutes at a time. Good looking game though!

Got my pro setup tonight,  turns out even though my 4k TV doesn't support hdr,  pro won't output through PSvr to 4k port,  works fine direct and PSvr works fine if not in 4k port

Looks like I'll be cable swapping even  without hdr, 

Annoyed with it,  had to do area x to calm down

TV is a Panasonic ax802b

Did anybody get How We Soar? Not sure if it's worth getting as I've already got Eagle Flight...

Played Holoball last night - seems good - but got to work out how to set the floor height as my ball was around my ankles :)