PlayStation VR

rubberducker

I'll also suggest right stick is a huge no no in RIGS. Head movement is way better and more immersive anyway. 

I've gave up waiting for new Move controllers and just got two in CEX instead. I can finally play Batman and Until Dawn now 

4 hours ago, EUkdazs said:

Yeah, that's so weird. I even tried jumping back out to my home screen, re-calibrating and then going back to Driveclub but it's still way off to the left.

While I'm having a moan, I moved my camera last night and then re-calibrated everything, including my IPD. I'm pretty sure I'd had it at 67 previously which was fine but I thought I'd try recalibrating everything just to make sure. My first attempt gave me 69 which didn't feel right at all, then 66 and finally 68. It' OK but I think I preferred it at 67 but I can't manually choose, can I? It just lets me set it back to default or retake the test. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible as I was pretty tired last night. Manged two hours with only a couple of very short breaks though, so it looks like my VR legs are kicking in :)

67!?

Do you look anything like this guy?

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyone tried Ace Banana yet?

It's only £11.49 and looks quite good. Promise of a four player patch coming soon.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/ace-banana/cid=EP1830-CUSA06030_00-ACEBANANAVR00002?smcid=pdc:gb-en:pdc-buy-playstation-store:herobanner-shop-now:null:STORE-MSF75508-SPRSALE2016

Also, World War Toons is a free to play game, available on the US site, seemed ok when I tried it, it's a cartoon multiplayer FPS.

1 hour ago, EUkdazs said:

Isn't the default 63? So 4mm wider. I've got a big head I guess. 

I'm 70. Yes SEVENTY! Fuck all you narrow eyed twats. When I first put the headset on I thought it was broken as my eyes just could not converge at the default settings at all, a complete mess. Did the IPD thing and it's great now. It should allow you to just manually enter it though for sure.

23 minutes ago, macosx said:

I've stopped work for a bit and set Rez and Bound downloading.

That was the other thing I mean to say...Bound is lovely too. Having to manually move the camera all of the time is a bit of a pain but workable...but it looks beautiful and seems that they haven't needed to compromise on the graphics to get that locked in frame rate which is impressive in something not designed for VR from the ground up. I wish more developers would embrace the more abstract designs of things like Rez and Bound. VR positively sings with blocks of colour like that. Thumper is great in that regard too. And you just know Minters game will be knocking out of the ballpark in VR, it looks amazing.

My PSVR order with Very.co.uk is still showing as due for delivery sometime in March which I was happy to wait for.....however Curry's seem to have just got stock and I am having one delivered TOMORROW!!! 

Unfortunalty the camera is out of stock so I need to find one of those in store somewhere tomorrow.  In the meantime I guess I just download the US and UK demo's and purchase Until Dawn and Rez that should do me for the weekend? (I already have 2 move controllers charged and ready to go!)

Sometimes it's very hard to focus and stay out of VR. Thank god just dipping in this forum occasionally generally gets me through the day. But working from the office in my home every day, with a Rift about 2 feet from me at all times and a PSVR waiting for me downstairs it really takes some considerable focus. Especially after a night like last night with Rez Area X which I just think is a huge gaming milestone in showing the additional emotional power VR can bring in the right hands. On a TV screen it would have been 'pretty', with the headset on it was hairs up on the back of the neck, pretty close to tears of joy that such an amazing 'thing' exists and it's in our house!

12 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

My PSVR order with Very.co.uk is still showing as due for delivery sometime in March which I was happy to wait for.....however Curry's seem to have just got stock and I am having one delivered TOMORROW!!! 

Unfortunalty the camera is out of stock so I need to find one of those in store somewhere tomorrow.  In the meantime I guess I just download the US and UK demo's and purchase Until Dawn and Rez that should do me for the weekend? (I already have 2 move controllers charged and ready to go!)

Great news! Yep, I haven't even made it through all of the demos that are available yet. Rez, Until Dawn, Batman and the demos have kept me VERY happy so far. Still have more demos to go and picked up Bound last night which looks lovely too.

52 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yep, I read that. Here's how to make tracking work...by adding an additional tracking device to the headset. Idiot :) (him, not you). I mean I guess it's progress....?

He seems to have worked it out by using the PS4 controller so no need for additional tracking device. 

18 minutes ago, Thread Astaire said:

He seems to have worked it out by using the PS4 controller so no need for additional tracking device. 

Well, I get what you're saying I just don't quite fancy the idea of a PS4 controller attached to my head.I guess the additional controller I meant was the PS4 one, but I see what you mean in that we have them already. Then again it's easy for me to be dismissive of this as I have a Rift. But if this progress then allows PSVR users to use it on a PC then that's no bad thing I guess.

17 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I've got to take mine on the road tonight as well - the whole lot. 

Going to be a right faff!

Like the sofa stuck in the stairwell of Dirk Gently's, my PSVR is and PS4 are wired together in a way that I believe is actually physically impossible to ever seperate from my TV stand.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Sometimes it's very hard to focus and stay out of VR. Thank god just dipping in this forum occasionally generally gets me through the day. But working from the office in my home every day, with a Rift about 2 feet from me at all times and a PSVR waiting for me downstairs it really takes some considerable focus. Especially after a night like last night with Rez Area X which I just think is a huge gaming milestone in showing the additional emotional power VR can bring in the right hands. On a TV screen it would have been 'pretty', with the headset on it was hairs up on the back of the neck, pretty close to tears of joy that such an amazing 'thing' exists and it's in our house!

I am glad I made to an age where I got to not only experience Area x but just playing any stage of Rez in VR. It's just pure joy. 

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

This. It shouldn't even be an option if they have an alternative in my opinion.

I have to strongly disagree. I've really been enjoying RIGS, but I found the head-tracking-based turning to be really distracting - turning when I didn't want to. As with @geldra I switched to stick steering and haven't looked back since, and it's caused me no problems; the only times I get any queasy sensations in the game are when dropping a long height while looking down, when I get the fun rollercoaster lurch sensation.

It clearly isn't suitable for a lot of people, but removing it as an option entirely seems a bit premature when it isn't a problem for everyone. Certainly I'd be a lot less happy if I were forced to use combined aiming and turning via head tracking!

Wait, what, whoah there!

You can adjust the IPD on PSVR? I'm used to being able to do this on the Vive and Rift, but I thought all the adjustment you had on PSVR was moving it closer/further away? (hence the rubbish "move it around until this text is clear" screen).