rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

On 24/10/2016 at 23:28, DJ KNIGHT XIII said:

Huh ... Why is the Sony VR £500 in Game ?

It's not, that's the price for a demo.

• Upvote 3

so did the IPD and spent 10 more minutes (I know, I know - should have waited 24 hours) and di nothing intensive like driveclub. Came off - head now thumping and I feel ill again. Not for me. Such a shame as it really is an outstanding experience. Good news, though, is that means the 2 move controllers I have bought will soon be in trading for anyone needing them!

14 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

so did the IPD and spent 10 more minutes (I know, I know - should have waited 24 hours) and di nothing intensive like driveclub. Came off - head now thumping and I feel ill again. Not for me. Such a shame as it really is an outstanding experience. Good news, though, is that means the 2 move controllers I have bought will soon be in trading for anyone needing them!

I'll get backlash for this but Driveclub is proper shit mate :)

sorry guys,ima Dirt guy.

22 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

You are rushing things. Go away for at least a day (preferably two), and then try it again. Don't play for long periods of time. 20 minutes maximum, and then take another break.

Also, what did you choose to play? Play something with no motion (such as TumbleVR), and see how you get on.

Patience is a virtue.

24 minutes ago, bluejmc2005 said:

First call on these please Blue! Need those Move Controllers!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

You are rushing things. Go away for at least a day (preferably two), and then try it again. Don't play for long periods of time. 20 minutes maximum, and then take another break.

Also, what did you choose to play? Play something with no motion (such as TumbleVR), and see how you get on.

Patience is a virtue.

Very possibly but my reaction has been quite severe, I played tumble VR the second time. Such is life! 

Well I played Rez for 3 hours straight last night with no ill effects.

Fuck me it's an experience and a half. I know people seem to love Area X but personally the highlight for me was the boss in Area 4, which has always been my favourite level. In VR it's like a little slice of heaven.

• Upvote 4

My second move controller also arrived today, so tonight it's fucking Batman.

Yes I'm literally going to enter Batman.

• Upvote 4

I've been persevering with Rigs as it was the only game able to make me seriously queasy after just a couple of minutes. Something's definitely clicking now as I have the "full VR experience" switched on and can comfortably play a few matches without too many issues. It's a cracking game that you should try if possible. Unfortunately the demo isn't great so best try to rent  or borrow if you're unsure.

Im still a little perplexed as to how you can just get used to VR. The first couple of days I really thought I'd made a mistake as it made me feel quite bad. Now I'm pretty much ok so long as I take a break every 45-60 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else found themselves playing much less 'normal' games? They just don't hold me like I used to. A much shorter time spend in VR, is like a few hours of game time. 

I'm sure it will normalise with time, but this has really changed what I use games for, if that makes sense.

• Upvote 3

Im still a little perplexed as to how you can just get used to VR. The first couple of days I really thought I'd made a mistake as it made me feel quite bad. Now I'm pretty much ok so long as I take a break every 45-60 minutes.

It's the same with drugs

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Anyone else found themselves playing much less 'normal' games? They just don't hold me like I used to. A much shorter time spend in VR, is like a few hours of game time. 

I'm sure it will normalise with time, but this has really changed what I use games for, if that makes sense.

I did the same with Rift. It ruined everything else for a while! 

But now, after a long vr break, I'm kinda in a happy balance between the two.

I still feel that if it wasn't for Elite Dangerous id have sold the thing though. 

13 minutes ago, dood said:

I still feel that if it wasn't for Elite Dangerous id have sold the thing though. 

Got my everything crossed for a E:D PS4/VR/Pro announcement. 

10 hours ago, jonamok said:

@bluejmc2005 Driveclub could be the culprit, although it might just be too much VR intensity in one go.

Golden rule: Don't go back in for at least 24 hours, and ease yourself back in. Avoid fast-movement games for a while.

You'll be fine.

Yep, Driveclub is not a good starter. I'd suggest Batman, Tumble and Rez as good starting points plus the London Heist shooting gallery.

1 hour ago, BubbleFish said:

I've been persevering with Rigs as it was the only game able to make me seriously queasy after just a couple of minutes. Something's definitely clicking now as I have the "full VR experience" switched on and can comfortably play a few matches without too many issues. It's a cracking game that you should try if possible. Unfortunately the demo isn't great so best try to rent  or borrow if you're unsure.

Move plaued the demo a few times now and I'm getting more and more violent with it. I did a sprint start and jumped down straight away last time I played and had a massive "woah" moment. That might have been a bit too much but I'm definitely getting there.

one thing I find really hard in VR is when your in Rigs or Battlezone and focus your vision on an enemy while turning the thing your in and lining up a shot. 

Its got nothing to do motion sickness but it makes my eyes tie in knots. I don't know if the display is doing something funny or there's motion blur or something but it's a real horrible thing.

34 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Im exactly the same. I've a couple of regular games I haven't even started up even though I was looking forward to them. I'm sure it'll balance eventually- particularly with some of the games coming out in the remainder of the year. 

The new toy sheen is definitely lasting longer than I expected; probably due to the amount of great release games.

7 hours ago, gooner4life said:

The glasses shouldn't matter, but the IPD measurement will, unless you're a freak like @SeanR and by freak, I mean lucky that the default is about right for you 

Yep, the default setting for me was totally unusable (it was making me crossed eyed), which is why it's a shame there is no manual slider or quick way of setup as it;s a bit of faff sorting out IPD by creating a new profile etc.

5 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I'll get backlash for this but Driveclub demo is proper shit mate :)

sorry guys,ima Dirt guy.

Fixed...

The demo made me feel ill and I work with VR every day. The full version of DC is awesome although I'm not sure if having a wheel helps.

5 hours ago, bluejmc2005 said:

I really wouldn't give up so soon. You need a real recovery time if you get sick, even if you feel ok after a few hours you should wait a day, Try something tame for 5-10 minutes then leave it, go a little longer the next night etc. I've been using VR headsets for a few years, if you get sick you need to back off for a day, not go again when you don't feel sick any more. The IPD setting needs to be spot on and you need to start with static experiences, like Tumble, Batman and the Playroom hing where you grab toys.

this is awesome only got it today. played batman so far and this is the best gaming experience i ever had. just need to find my  second game to buy now 

• Upvote 1

My first choice would be between Rez and Thumper: Rez if you want to chill out and be enveloped in light and sound, Thumper if you want an assault on the senses.

Secondly I'd consider Bound and Wayward Sky (and maybe Tethered). Bound is a beautiful, simple platformer; Wayward Sky a sort-of-point-and-click-adventure, and both are lovely; and Tethered is a promising-sounding god game, but I've not yet played it..

Get one from each group above and you'll have experienced three distinct ways VR can benefit games: Batman has already shown you how good it can be for first-person immersion, Rez or Thumper will show you how it can heighten an audio-visual experience, while Bound/Wayward Sky/Tethered demonstrate how adding presence to long-perspective third-person can really help the experience.

(RIGS and Battlezone are also worth a shot if you want to see how first-person action can work in VR, but I can't recommend either at their price bracket)

• Upvote 2

yes just played the thumper demo on the ps vr disc its intense and very fun thinking i may get tethered and thumper. then wait til battlezone is not £50.

Up to level 5 of Tethered now. It's absoluely marvellous - I pretty much can't believe that something this good is launched a few weeks after the PSVR came out. It's really, really polished and controls a treat. I just can't stop smiling playing it. Mrs. H and our 9 year old have played it too - big, big hit with both of them as well. My son has never played a God game before and he's totally head over heels with this one.