rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

If you want to try a Battlezone / Rigs style experience without the financial outlay, Super Stardust is great and £7.99 for the bundle if you upgrade.

Also thanks to whoever it was who mentioned the Harmonix Music demo earlier - I'd played it for 5 minutes and been a bit underwhelmed, but I didn't realise that you get all the other parts too.  The 3D drawing with the move controllers is exceptionally cool - I wonder if anyone has done this without drawing a massive spunking cock and balls within the first minute.

The Last of Us is amazing on the cinema mode too.  I had Playstation BR (Buyers Remorse) last week, but not any more.  I just wish the games were cheaper.  I would buy twice as much if they were all under £20.  

"If you want to try a Battlezone / Rigs style experience without the financial outlay, Super Stardust is great and £7.99 for the bundle if you upgrade."

Very peculiar advice. "If you don't fancy going to Ibiza, visit Hull instead. It's cheaper and practically the same experience". 

I bought Super Stardust Ultra and the VR mode is really really shit. And I live in Hull.

Thankfully, normal Stardust is playable in VR and that's pretty nice - no real headtracking but it's nice to see the effects wizz by your head.

• Upvote 3

I had no idea that Super Stardust Ultra VR was the updated version of Incoming/Cybermorph I've been crying out for!

Edited by SeanR
incoming, not forsaken!

Playing catch-up a bit here, as I've only just started investigating PSVR, so this may well be an obvious/already answered question, but...

Does whatever game you're playing via the headset also display on the TV at the same time, i.e. can people spectate?

16 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Playing catch-up a bit here, as I've only just started investigating PSVR, so this may well be an obvious/already answered question, but...

Does whatever game you're playing via the headset also display on the TV at the same time, i.e. can people spectate?

Jah. And in the case of PSVR Worlds, can play asynchronously. 

Edit: asymmetrically :)

• Upvote 1

On 21/10/2016 at 12:02, gooner4life said:

Is there anything to stop Sony asking You/Codies to do some additional work at some point @Rushy?

There won't be any further updates I'm afraid. We are now 100% on our new racing IP now and in the future.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I just played my 1st online game, thought I spied a familiar name @Dave White.... made sure I nicked his battery ;p (video failed to capture bah)
The game plays superbly, was zipping all over the place like a lethal spiderman. 

9Rm4RaD.png

2 hours ago, Rushy said:

There won't be any further updates I'm afraid. We are now 100% on our new racing IP now and in the future.

Mecha monkey - how high is your ping!!

Rushy - totally understandable and look forward to your next production but a real shame DC wont get the pro treatment and love from you guys.  DC has become the first driving game for several years that has hooked and wowed me. I do like the new Forza horizon too but it doesn't have the grit and feel of DC.

Do many games need you to turn around quickly? Rez is fine up until the area 4 boss. Turning my wheelchair around with the headset on is going to be a nightmare. 

9 minutes ago, Shoes said:

Do many games need you to turn around quickly? Rez is fine up until the area 4 boss. Turning my wheelchair around with the headset on is going to be a nightmare. 

No not really. Not so far anyway. Rez is probably about the only example

• Upvote 1

Job simulator requires you to turn around. Although it kinda works in a 270 degree of turning, in each game there is a definite back part that you don't need to look at.

For those still looking for Move controllers, I ordered a pair from Amazon last Tuesday (they were showing as out of stock) and they've been dispatched today, so it seems they are getting stock, but just fulfilling existing orders.

Good god Thumper 4-11 exhilarating and terrifying. Giant space worm eek.

so is getting a better score down to timing cos I S ranked 1 with a paltry 140k.

10 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Good god Thumper 4-11 exhilarating and terrifying. Giant space worm eek.

so is getting a better score down to timing cos I S ranked 1 with a paltry 140k.

There's a lot more to getting a better score than just getting perfect corners, as you progress through the game it'll teach you new mechanics you can use in the earlier levels.

6 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

I bought Super Stardust Ultra and the VR mode is really really shit. And I live in Hull.

Thankfully, normal Stardust is playable in VR and that's pretty nice - no real headtracking but it's nice to see the effects wizz by your head.

I also live in Hull. 8-)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Hull massive represent!  I also live in the city of culture and have VR so I feel an affinity here :)

Edit - and Stardust VR made me feel like death.

55 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Ain't played a normal non VR game for two weeks now. Madness.

I've been moving between VR and Vita. Two extremes provide a nice balance.