rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

2 hours ago, siread said:

I just slide the goggle bit away for a minute to allow it to de-mist then repeat if necessary. Eventually the headset will reach body temp and it should stop.

There's an option somewhere in settings that you need to set to 1080p not Auto. I think that improves it.

2 hours ago, Hean Dog said:

Yeah the screen resolution on the social screen looks totally normal to me and I have mine set to 1080p

Thank-you, will give that a try. Thought it was a bit odd it hadn't been brought up in reviews!

2 hours ago, siread said:

Can't believe they made the headset cable that length. At least put a belt clip on the box thing Sony! :mad:

Yep, its a very stupid decision on an othewise high quality product, same with the lack of 4k passthrough for HDR.

1 hour ago, petrolgirls said:

If anything Rez is better without the Move controller. The aiming reticule is disappointingly laggy and doesn't move 1:1 as you'd expect. Not a hardware issue as Until Dawn works perfectly.

Yep, it just seems to augment where your head is pointing, once I started aiming with my head and fine adjusting within that direction with Move it works great.

13 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yep, it just seems to augment where your head is pointing, once I started aiming with my head and fine adjusting within that direction with Move it works great.

How do you turn with Move then? I got beaten by the level 4 boss purely because I couldn't turn around which was annoying.

So I got three guys coming from work tonight to check out VR. I am thinking about a play list.

I was gonna start them off with something fairly sedate, like Tumble. Then Maybe something like VR worlds Ocean Descent Shark Attack or allumette, then possibly the headmaster demo, then eveValkyrie. Then rush of blood and Drive club , London Heist , Job simulator and finally Batman. They aren't gamers, none of them will have seen a PS4 in action let alone VR.So I am thinking Rez or thumper at this point may be a bit hardcore.

And then all play Keep talking and no body explodes
What'dya reckon?

9 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

So I got three guys coming from work tonight to check out VR. I am thinking about a play list.

I was gonna start them off with something fairly sedate, like Tumble. Then Maybe something like VR worlds Ocean Descent Shark Attack or allumette, then possibly the headmaster demo, then eveValkyrie. Then rush of blood and Drive club , London Heist , Job simulator and finally Batman. They aren't gamers, none of them will have seen a PS4 in action let alone VR.So I am thinking Rez or thumper at this point may be a bit hardcore.

What'dya reckon?

Definitely stick to the static games at first and then move onto the more hardcore ones at the end of the night. I would probably do Rush of Blood before Eve as I've found some people can be instantly rendered vommy by that. Rush of blood at least gets them used to some movement before you start making them do spins and loops.

18 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

How do you turn with Move then? I got beaten by the level 4 boss purely because I couldn't turn around which was annoying.

Not used move but with a pad and just your head. Stand up and turn around. You'll smash him.

13 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

What'dya reckon?

VR worlds first if its the full game. That orb moving towards you, then the statue reveal for each game with the associated visual treat is sublime. Building up to the logo. Then get them to fuck about with the orb. Then do the Ocean. 

Tumble is far too sedate to show em first. Blow their minds from outset. Then again Rez, Rez, Rez!!! Second I reckon. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, cassidy said:

VR worlds first if its the full game. That orb moving towards you, then the statue reveal for each game with the associated visual treat is sublime. Building up to the logo. Then get them to fuck about with the orb. Then do the Ocean. 

Tumble is far too sedate to show em first. Blow their minds from outset. Then again Rez, Rez, Rez!!! Second I reckon. 

Yeah totally agree, VR worlds and then into the deep. The shark arrack is a nice long demo and gives a chance for you to swap the headset around and give everyone a quick shot. That's what I did last night and went down a treat.

16 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Not used move but with a pad and just your head. Stand up and turn around. You'll smash him.

I was sat on a sofa, I did try stand up but the tracking went apeshit and by the time I got it together I was dead. Just replayed with a DS4 and it wasn't an issue of course given he's probably the easiest boss in the game.

18 minutes ago, cassidy said:

12 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

I was sat on a sofa, I did try stand up but the tracking went apeshit and by the time I got it together I was dead. Just replayed with a DS4 and it wasn't an issue of course given he's probably the easiest boss in the game.

Thanks for the ideas :)

Stand up. He nailed me first time I tried sat down. Standing piece of piss. May try to ignore VR tonight. 

Who am I kidding, I'm plugging back in again tonight! More driveclub I reckon

• Upvote 1

I use the following demos (age permitting) to show off VR

Shit them up by sticking them in the kitchen as they just don't know what to expect.

Calm them down with Allumette

Let them experience a race in Drive Club

Show them Batman's opening

Play Robot Rescue

Finish with Rush Of Blood and watch them shit themselves.

Has impressed the fuck out of everyone so far, even my friends who have absolutely no interest in videogames.

• Upvote 1

I've caved and reserved one at Argos which I will pick up tomorrow. Going to trade some games in at GAME and get the camera. Annoyingly, Move controllers have vanished off the face of the earth, literally nowhere in my area has them in stock. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Benny said:

Mine's been dispatched for delivery tomorrow.

:gibber:

18 minutes ago, Fitzcarraldo said:

I've caved and reserved one at Argos which I will pick up tomorrow. Going to trade some games in at GAME and get the camera. Annoyingly, Move controllers have vanished off the face of the earth, literally nowhere in my area has them in stock. 

It's alright guys, they've fallen for it. We can be honest at how shit it is now.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Wee spoiler in that last post Strider.

Changed, I thought I saw loads of people mentioning it.

14 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Wee spoiler in that last post Strider.

1 hour ago, strider said:

Show them Batman's opening

Is the spoiler that you get to see his opening?

• Upvote 5

The Wii looks amazing on this headset. Gunblade is really immersive , swinging you around all over the place without the nausea.  Ghost Squad , House of the dead, all pin sharp.  Its a FAFF, and the old Wii needs the HDMI adaptor but well worth it.  Free view is clear too. Some stuff looks way way better thab you'd imagine on VR. Shane about 3d movies.

It's time to proudly add another game to my collection. I've finally become a man now, having made it through the Rush of Blood demo on normal after wussing out on launch night. Once you get past that initial jump shock and start shooting the crap out of everything, testosterone levels go through the roof.

I might even... try it on hard :o

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, grungekid said:

Anyone got any tips for 'VR hair'? Sick of looking like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber after every sesh!

Clippers

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, DC07 said:

It's time to proudly add another game to my collection. I've finally become a man now, having made it through the Rush of Blood demo on normal after wussing out on launch night. Once you get past that initial jump shock and start shooting the crap out of everything, testosterone levels go through the roof.

End of stage 1. Start of stage 2. Then report back.

2 hours ago, dumpster said:

The Wii looks amazing on this headset. Gunblade is really immersive , swinging you around all over the place without the nausea.  Ghost Squad , House of the dead, all pin sharp.  Its a FAFF, and the old Wii needs the HDMI adaptor but well worth it.  Free view is clear too. Some stuff looks way way better thab you'd imagine on VR. Shane about 3d movies.

Yep, I've been harping on all over the place about how much I love Wii stuff in the Rift. For that I use Dolphin so have the added benefit of playing Ghost Squad and Gunblade in 3D. Wiimote as a lightgun seems to work much more naturally when you are shooting at a giant screen :)

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DC07 said:

Can't wait to try the full game. LOVED the demo although all that pig squealing stuff was a bit much lol. Really top quality production values though....

I really like Bound. I thought I would and the abstract visuals work exceptionally well in VR. Also, fixed camera works really nicely so something like ICO in VR would be perfect.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SeanR said:

still sealed...

10yrs since psvr launched and still SeanR refuses to play Rush of blood. 

L2 jump scare means thats all ive done in a week btw.