IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

11 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Surprising that not many are going for Battlezone. I think it looks like bucket loads of fun, but that 50 quid price point is a non-starter for me, when there are so many cheaper day 1 games available. I'll probably pick it up after Christmas or something. 

It's one of my most anticipated titles, for sure. Gonna see what the demo's like then jump on, probably.

I can't wait for RLLMUK games nights inside SportsBarVR.

6 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I'll do a youtube video of my attempts to stabalise it.

I'm thinking a trophy base and a big spike or bolt

I'm thinking about attaching a metal plate to the bottom or hollowing it out and filling it with a sand filled coffee tin.

That's disappointing to hear. I saw a preview of Eve Gunjack which was basically VR space invaders and a PSN only game. Hopefully it'll be a low enough cost to make it a worthwhile addition.

I'll need to find another "dog-fighting in space" game then.

Edit- when I say PSN only I mean no disc release. I'm aware its on other platforms.

I've gone for Until Dawn as it's cheap and uses the move controllers. Then Battlezone because it seems to be the big game that everyone's talking about, £43 is more than I'd normally pay, but what the hell I've spent £350 on the headset already. Then RIGS, even if it's not great in the long run, it's an online FPS and I'm interested in seeing how it's translated, plus I think being involved from early on when everyone is getting to grips with it is going to be quite a unique experience. Other than that I'll maybe pick up some of the smaller download only titles depending on impressions here. 

I've got Star Trek on order for December too. 

I'm in for pretty much everything - ONCE I know that I can handle it. So I'll probably just be doing the demo disk stuff and playroom Day 1.

Assuming all well, then I'll start DLing overnight whichever couple have the most positive impact.

If DC doesn't make me ill, it's a must buy. Rez is also going to have to be bought - just wish could demo it first.

Then it will likely be either RIGS or BZ depending on the reviews and impressions here - and when the prices come down a little. Under £40.

Hopefully we'll be able to DL demos of the stuff missing from the EU demo disk, like Rez, Thumper and Until Dawn. Or I'll have to set up a US account.

11 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Managed to get a PS4 thrustmaster T150 for £29.99 at Currys :) can anybody recommend a wheel/pedal support? Ideally a folding up one?!?

How are people still finding these! :(

Think Staffordshire was rinsed dry weeks ago.

My launch lineup is now looking like.. Battlezone (Physical), Rez (Digital), DCVR (Digital), Rush of Blood (Physical), Batman (Digital) & Thumper (Digital). Thankfully camera and move controller were purchased months ago.

Is it Thursday yet? :unsure:

Also wonder why they've review embargoed the 'full price' games (REZ, RIGS, EVE, DC, BZ), when the 'experiences' embargo has been lifted. Just feels a bit sneaky.

If they were worried about some poor scores (e.g. EVE) putting people off, then they should have read the mood and at least allowed reviews of stuff that is clearly going to review well like Rez.

52 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Managed to get a PS4 thrustmaster T150 for £29.99 at Currys :) can anybody recommend a wheel/pedal support? Ideally a folding up one?!?

48 minutes ago, U-1 said:

How are people still finding these! :(

Think Staffordshire was rinsed dry weeks ago.

None around here either according to a hotukdeals man last week, the only one left at that time was in Liverpool.