IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

Anyone planning PS4 Pro to go with this? Latest piece on DF has me tempted when it implies some VR secret sauce that might be under the hood. No way I'll have a TV to do the Pro justice any time soon, but if I really take to the PSVR, then the Pro feels increasingly likely...

I'm definitely interested in getting a Pro, solely for a better PSVR experience until I get a new TV in 2017.

Farpoint is the only game that's been shown off running on PS4 Pro hardware, and that benefits from improved resolutions and textures. 

So yeah, PS4 Pro seems like a no brainer, even if you don't have a decent telly. 

21 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Anyone planning PS4 Pro to go with this? Latest piece on DF has me tempted when it implies some VR secret sauce that might be under the hood. No way I'll have a TV to do the Pro justice any time soon, but if I really take to the PSVR, then the Pro feels increasingly likely...

I'm thinking about it but at the moment there don't seem to be any guarantees about how much support the Pro will get. If most people aren't bothering optimising for it (either PS VR games or normal ones) then it just looks like a waste of money.

30 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I'm the same.. If Pro ends up offering any significant boost to VR then I can see a purchase being on the cards.

Just want to get this months balance destroying expense out the way first though.

Bit of help chaps: I picked up a pair of move controllers second hand. I'm charging them now in preparation for next week. Just want to make sure they work. They've got a blinking red light on the front but don't light up. 

Is this correct?  I can't seem to make it illuminate at all. Is this maybe because it's not connected to anything?

What's everyone's game library for day one?

Digital:

Rez -£25 (had to buy this digitally due to disc delay)

Batman VR -£16

Driveclub VR -£16

Bound & Super Stardust Ultra -£13 (50% off on PSN at the moment)

Until Dawn Rush of Blood - £16

Not on store yet?:

Keep talking and nobody explodes -£??

Thumper -£??

Here they lie - £??

Sports Bar - £??

Coming soon:

Star Wars Battlefront VR (already have disc)

Disc:

PS Worlds -£24

Rigs -£35 (may cancel this, not sure yet)

Tomb Raider VR -£35 (didn't buy this game for the VR, but whatever)

Rez - £46 (whenever it turns up, probably sell it on when it does) :facepalm:

Coming soon:

Resident Evil VII - £35

Want:

Eve Valkyrie & Battlezone but not paying £50 each! (Unless the demo disc blows me away)

May have missed some, but should keep me going for a while!

Rez is the only definite. Tumble is highly likely also. 

Renting Battlezone and Driveclub VR. 

Batman is £2 off on Amazon and I've got access to someone else's Prime account so might get that.

Will also be on the lookout for Sports Bar, Waddle Home and possibly Bound. VR Worlds is a maybe but only after trying the demo. 

11 minutes ago, IainGamer said:

Tried online rather than on PS4 and seems to work, thanks!

does the version of stardust here tho give you the VR version aswell?

If you now go to the PS VR games section on the website, you should see the game listed twice. One of those listed 'unavailable ' is the free VR upgrade path which you have just purchased.

I almost went the whole night without thinking about PSVR and my excitement. 

Am I growing up?!

Day one for me is Batman, Rez, and Thumper. I think. I do feel like Rez and Thumper scratch similar itches, though, so maybe I should switch for something different. 

Driveclub is much desired but I reckon the demo will cut it for me, at least at first. 

Did we ever find out whether some of th demos included on the US disc might be on the EU store to download? I'm sure I heard that somewhere...

I think I need to track down somewhere to get large amounts of PSN credit for cheap. Is there anywhere better than cdkeys? 

I've got Until Dawn, VR Worlds, Super Stardust and Rez coming on disc. 

I think I'm most excited for Keep Talking Or Everyone Explodes, and that game that's coming out Q1 next year where you're a test subject with your hands stuck in a puzzle box and a doctor with his face blurred out telling you what to do. I forget the name.

Yeah - I'd definitely go for Battlezone at a cheaper price, but with so many cheap games and demo's I'm more than happy to drip feed the launch titles.

Still annoyed about the REZ physical situation but think I'm going to wait it out now and make do with Thumper and SUPERHYPERCUBE in the meantime.

COUK: Statik is the game you are thinking of. It's on my radar too!