IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

21 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Just pre-ordered the Move controllers twin pack. Sigh. God, this is such an expensive launch.

I'm so close to getting some just because I want to experience Batman properly. But if I look at the games I'm most interested in beyond that, it's all dual shock stuff. I'm not sure I'd resent paying £70 so much if I thought they'd get used beyond the Bat ...

16 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I'm so close to getting some just because I want to experience Batman properly. But if I look at the games I'm most interested in beyond that, it's all dual shock stuff. I'm not sure I'd resent paying £70 so much if I thought they'd get used beyond the Bat ...

I say at least try batman with the dual shock. I'm guessing you just get one hand?

21 minutes ago, StephenM said:

You'll need them when Star Trek Bridge Crew comes out in December.

11 minutes ago, Fury4k said:

You'll need them when Star Trek Bridge Crew comes out in December.

at £60, I think I'll wait... which is terrible, because it's the game that I was going to use to sell the idea to the other half.

23 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

I say at least try batman with the dual shock. I'm guessing you just get one hand?

Something somewhere (I honestly can't remember) said that, like, instead of reaching down to get your batarang from your belt, you just push circle. So it doesn't seem like it bothers with even one hand tracking.

8 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Something somewhere (I honestly can't remember) said that, like, instead of reaching down to get your batarang from your belt, you just push circle. So it doesn't seem like it bothers with even one hand tracking.

That might make sense for that action though as the camera might lose the lightbar when you point the controller down....who knows.

i just hope they have a VR sale around Christmas time because there is ALot of games coming before Christmas 

42 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Yeah, it's Batman and Bridge Crew that makes me 'have' to have them. Plus, I'm sure I'll want to play London Heist eventually - VR Worlds is going for £24 on Amazon which makes it not seem soooo expensive compared to the RRP.

4 hours ago, Soo Denim said:

That's not what causes VR sickness. It's a subconscious decision made by your brainfailing a double check test. Your brain is constantly checking the horizon viewed by your eye and felt in your inner ear. At its simplest form if you tip your head to the right. Your brain "sees" the horizon tip with your eyes and "feels" it with your ears. As both inputs say tip you feel fine. 

In VR if the game tips the horizon but your head is straight your brain gets a conflicting report. Eyes are saying tip, ear is saying straight. At which point your brain starts to freak out. If you have a continued conflict of inputs eyes vs ears then our bodies conclude one thing. That basically we've eaten something poisonous and that's why are eyes and ears are conflicting. Effectively the body things we've ingested something poisons. At which point the body defends itself by making you vomit to get the poison out of you. 

I have not felt sick once yet in VR maybe I've been careful not try wild software with hacked in VR.  I do feel incredibly dizzy though in some games.  I know it's probably my inner ear and vision getting conflicting info.  

Trying to overcome the bodies natural defences for vr is fascinating stuff and there are different experiments in the indie scene.  Some people will have to adjust their expectations to VR gaming and not expect to be able to move in first person like they do on a tv.

I've used 'Within' on Google Cardboard (back when it was called 'VRSE') and it's excellent.

Loads of surprisingly effective (on Cardboard, at least) little 360° movies. One which shows the plight of a young Syrian refugee was particularly powerful.

There are other, perhaps less upsetting, films to watch too.

I'll definitely be downloading that on day one.