rubberducker

PlayStation VR

On 09/02/2019 at 15:44, metallicfrodo said:

As a heads up Beat Saber has a new update out that adds Expert+ mode for those finding Expert too easy.... erm....

Thanks for the heads up, had a go last night, and yeah even with the song slow down thing on it was way harder than expert!

I'm absolutely terrible at it. Terrible. It's brilliant though. Mrs Mul said she spotted some Jehovah's Witnesses staring at me through the window before they knocked the other week. I was deep into the game so i must've looked bizarre.

I tried Thumper last week. Don't see what all the fuss is about.

1 hour ago, joemul said:

I tried Thumper last week. Don't see what all the fuss is about.

Room scale on the Vive makes that game for me (with the camera reset turned off). The beetle rail goes through your play area like some kind of room feature as if it were a snooker table or something. You can even crawl underneath it and stand at either side. Of course when I start playing it I forget I'm in VR anyway.

• Upvote 1

I do that with Fantastic contraption.  When I needed to get to the other side of my vehicle to do something, I walked right round it rather than through it :D

Didn't even occur to me to do it any other way but the people watching found it hilarious.

Whilst I primarily bought Astro Bot for my nephew to enjoy, we had some fun tag team moments earlier this week where he’d pause and pass the controller to me after struggling with a jump a few times. Who says VR gaming isn’t social?

(I tried to offer him the controller a few times when I was having trouble in my first playthrough of Celeste but he wasn’t as keen for some reason... :P )

Headmasters REALLY ramps up the difficulty with the second exam...

and titanic VR. fuck me. that's some oppressive, claustrophobic shit right there.

And then this happened:

On 06/02/2019 at 10:47, SozzlyJoe said:

I know we were taking about wanting more games where the players gets to see the same events from different perspectives and times to shape the story, but an actual Groundhog Day game seems rather a little too on the nose!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-04-theres-a-groundhog-day-vr-game-in-the-works

Still, a very good pedigree of developer, so probably one to look out for.

more on this

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/02/groundhog-day-like-father-like-son-hits-ps-vr-later-this-year/

46953141471_ff7838dec2_b.jpg

Bought A Fisherman's Tale the other day and completed it over 2 sittings (standings??). It's a neat puzzle game with a very interesting concept slightly let down by a few niggly little technical issues (the main one being things dropping out your grip if they clip into the scenery and then disappearing). Probably wouldn't recommend it at full price (which is 12 quid I think) but certainly something to look out for when it's on sale.

Also in other news the first DLC for Beat Saber is being released next thursday (14th), although no word on the pricing or how many tracks it will contain. 

Oh and in other, other news The Kingdom Hearts 3 VR experience is available for free.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dave7g said:

Electronauts is a fiver. Perfect for getting eh drunk! and banging out some tunes.

Even better than that, it's actually £3.99. Thanks for the heads up, I've just picked it up.

Seems we have confirmation of what the Beat Saber DLC is going to be. It's a collaboration with the music label Monstercat (I'd never heard of them).

Someone's put a playlist together of the tracks which you can find here

I doubt it's going to win over those who aren't really into the style of music already in the game but they all sound pretty cool to me and I can imagine them fitting the game really well.

• Upvote 2

I've been trying to build my VR legs with my Gear VR the past few days, in the hope I'll have a breakthrough in my nausea for my PSVR. I've only been doing a bit of VR Netflix and a bit of internet browsing, oh and a roller coaster ride. Watched a whole hour of Netflix and had no ill feelings at all throughout my Gear use. Even tried out Omega Agent to no ill effect. Feeling emboldened over the last few days I fired up Dreadhalls. Bad idea. Sickness after about 5 minutes. I don't want to give up, I love VR but it's killing me seeing all my great PSVR titles and gear. I have two moves, the Farpoint gun, Astro-Bot etc all just sitting around waiting for me to  get over the fear of, and effects of, VR nausea. So can anyone tell me whether they have overcome it. I keep reading about VR legs but is it true, if you go easy for day after day does your brain learn and have some epiphany towards adjusting? I'd just love to hear of someone's positive experience of overcoming it, or maybe a good article on what's going on and what games are likely to cause it. 

It's pissing me off how one minute I'm having a pleasant experience and then I try something and it kicks my arse. It really gives me the fear of putting the headset back on. I want to persevere, I want to enjoy VR. I've spent a fair whack on the kit and games and I have no intention of getting shot. I'm just puzzled as to which games can cause it, like I say, Dreadhalls is almost instant grief yet Farpoint is comfortable for at least 20 minutes. I'd just love it all to be comfy for the entire evening. 

2 minutes ago, memories said:

Are there any rollercoaster experiences etc on the PSVR? my kids were saying it would be cool but I don't know if there are any.

There are some on the store.

• Upvote 1

@amcI've been fortunate with not having an issue in VR (apart from with Bound which made me feel awful). However have you tried games like Beat Saber and Superhot? Not only are they two of the best games on the system but as a player you are static and therefore you shouldn't get any issues with motion sickness. Tetris Effect would be another one where again there is no motion.

If it's trying to get used to motion in games, then possibly try and start with games where you are in a vehicle. It's less of a disconnect them if you are moving and yet stationary.

You need to find something that gets you over being fearful of putting the headset on because that right from the start is going to put you in the wrong mind set and some of your issues might now be psychosomatic

• Upvote 1

@amc have you tried Polybius? It may induce seizures, but it's completely nausea free.

And yes, I did overcome some major discomfort with Wipeout VR. Baby steps. You said you got sick after five minutes? So play for three. Next day do the same. Eventually start increasing your exposure. Use comfort settings etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, memories said:

Are there any rollercoaster experiences etc on the PSVR? my kids were saying it would be cool but I don't know if there are any.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood if you want to shoot as well and if you're not scared of clowns. Was free on ps+ a while back. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, MotiVater said:

Apparently ginger can help too?  Good excuse to crack the ginger nuts out during a session anyway :)

I've tried ginger tea previously but didn't help much during RE7.

Then again, I was drinking it immediately before playing so probably didn't have enough time to take effect.

EDIT: Got me hankering for a Ginger Nut now.

https://youtu.be/uGgiC-ELNN4  Been playing Tetris Effect on PSVR since last week. Honestly, I get so lost in it. It just clicks... The visuals actually make me gasp in parts, the music can be utterly amazing, and the way I don't even think about what I'm doing. It just...works so beautifully. It's incredible! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, noob said:

https://youtu.be/uGgiC-ELNN4  Been playing Tetris Effect on PSVR since last week. Honestly, I get so lost in it. It just clicks... The visuals actually make me gasp in parts, the music can be utterly amazing, and the way I don't even think about what I'm doing. It just...works so beautifully. It's incredible! 

Get some ketamine, stat!

• Upvote 1