Xbox One UK price cut - now £399 bundled with Titanfall

Halo

Are people really throwing a wobbly over ads for an election that doesn't exist in this country and you won't see? That generated no fuss the first time around in 2008?

You do know PS4 has ads integrated all over its activity feed too, right?

What is "this country"? Have you got the hang of the Internet yet?

Pachter said that MS should just eat the cost of Kinect and include it 'free' as the customers don't want to pay extra for it. I agreed at the time but now I think it is such an albatross that no matter how low the price goes people will look at it say "meh, would be £100 cheaper without Kinect"

I'm looking forward to the day when Nap, Pickford and Angel crack and buy a bone ;)

Which may be coincidentally tempered by Neg's crowing that Kinect has been removed.

My money woulda been down if theyd released the ltd edition. Im with hairybizzle though, theyre now a company I really dont feel like supporting.

You won't see David Cameron appearing on your Xbox dash because that kind of political advertising is illegal in the UK. Any adverts you see on the dash will be the same kind you see now.

That's not true. There's only limits on political advertising on TV and radio.

"It's in America, not in the UK" is a bit of a stupid argument, isn't it? What they bring to the US is what they will eventually want to bring worldwide. It also shows they have no qualms about using your data for advertising purposes. Just because they're not doing it in the UK yet doesn't mean it's because they love you more, or something.

Until Microsoft change their entire corporate ethos, I feel like buying an Xbox at any time is just positive reinforcement for the massive bunch of douchebags they are. There was a proportion of people who were all "I don't like this Xbox DRM stuff at all but ah can't give up muh halos." and they're probably trying to find the right balance of screwing you over and selling you information and still have you buy their games.

How do you search the internet to find all this information without using google? I'm impressed to be honest.

First of all, I use startpage.com which strips my info before putting it through Google and secondly, I didn't buy a £430 toy from Google and then pay £40 a year to have my information sold and ads served to me on that device.

So yes, Google is a botnet, but they at least provide you with services at no charge in return for using your data and serving you ads.

At some point they may have eaten enough crow, crawled over enough broken glass, flagellated their softer bits, that you might just decide they've learned their lesson.

Or, you know, three or four bone killer exclusives...

First of all, I use startpage.com which strips my info before putting it through Google and secondly, I didn't buy a £430 toy from Google and then pay £40 a year to have my information sold and ads served to me on that device.

So yes, Google is a botnet, but they at least provide you with services at no charge in return for using your data and serving you ads.

bwned

At some point they may have eaten enough crow, crawled over enough broken glass, flagellated their softer bits, that you might just decide they've learned their lesson.

Or, you know, three or four bone killer exclusives...

They'll never learn their lesson, or not THAT lesson.

Only disastrous failure will change their business practices, which is exactly what happened with Sony. A couple of management changes later and it'll be the other way round very easily next, or even later this-gen.

Re. Sony, I know I'm probably being naive, but I do get the feeling with House/Yoshida and Cerny in place, Sony have a core team at or near the top that won't fall back into bad habits of taking their newly re-found market share for granted.

I've no doubt there will be hiccups, they are a corporate giant, they will have plenty of twats in positions of power (where doesn't?), and so some mistakes will be made... but I think they have learned a valuable lesson, and in this modern age of GAF and twitter and Boogie and other much-followed YouTubers, you just cannot get away with behaving like Sony at PS3 launch, or MS with the Bone reveal.

So, I don't see them throwing all that good will away. And I see MS gradually rebuilding theirs.

If nothing else, the new Sony have shown themselves perfectly willing to toss out or dramatically change underperforming business units. There will be no doubling down on terrible ideas from them, with any luck. I dare say that Prince Nokiabane will show a similar keen-ness to rein in egos over at MS.

I was in Maplin store yesterday Canary Wharf and can confirm they are selling the Xbox One with FIFA 14 code for £379. I asked about the £349 version which is the standalone console, but they were not selling these in-store. So I assume this is an Online only deal.