rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The Collected U.S Box Office Reports - OUT NOW! Link in Post #58

I honestly don't know. I think £2.99, which is a condition of it being over 1000 pages. But I've only gone as far uploading before I noticed something I needed to get fixed.

It's got a 7,000 word intro that's completely new, and begins with me seeing Flash Gordon, through the 80s & 90s and the beginnings of the box office report, through to the final box office report. The reports themselves are produced as is, but there's some comments on a few of them too.

That's a great blurb - I'd buy it based on that if I stumbled across it on Amazon having never heard of it before.

I'd think that £2.99 remains a good -'I'll take a punt" price as long as you are getting a decent cut.

• Upvote 1

I don't expect to make any money to be honest (there have been some costs involved that mean I almost certainly won't). I think for me, this has always been about getting something out there more than anything. I did really enjoy writing the intro and it might be something I'll go back to in time.

• Upvote 2

Book launch almost ready. I'm skipping Amazon and making it freely available to anyone. There'll be an email link if you want to contribute via paypal, but it's not necessary. You'll be able to download it via dropbox as either a Kindle file, a general E-reader file or as a PDF.

Even if you have absolutely no interest in movies, I'm hoping you'll take a look, if only to read the introduction.

Stay Tuned....

• Upvote 8

There's a few factors, mostly that I didn't want people to feel like they owed me anything for it. Apart from the intro, quotes, contents etc, the book is simply a compilation of all the columns that you can read on here (or even easier on box office voodoo) any time you want to. I haven't gone back and edited them or altered them to reflect something I was wrong about. I was starting to feel a bit bad that people might think "£3 for a new intro and ten year old scribbling I can read any time!"

I just wanted more people to be able to read it. I can still put it up on Amazon, but you'd have to pay for it then, I don't think I can use Amazon and give it away.

I'll look in to it though.

We want to pay you. £3 is so little given the years of material you wrote and compiled for free. You deserve it and a wider (paying) audience. Just get it on.

Yeah - get it on Amazon.

If you want us lot to have it cheap - could you put it on at a low price for a few days and then up it (still provide PayPal so we can top up if we want to).

Seems a shame to not put it on Amazon and also not use the opportunity for us to be able to buy it/review it on there which might generate other sales through 'also brought' links, etc and if we want to personally recommend it to other people?

Submitted to Amazon. They need to review it in regards who owns the rights and such, and it'll then go online for sale. Should take between 12-24 hours.

It'll cost £1.80. I'll post the link up when it's sent to me.

Thanks again for all your support.

I am with everyone else - will buy on Kindle and you deserve a little payback and greater recognition for your awesome work over the years.