Amazon Prime Video

25 minutes ago, AlexM said:

I watched the first half of Wayne thanks to the comments on this thread, really enjoyable. I hope it picks up some traction and we get a second series!

Is Wayne the YouTube exclusive that’s a bit like the end of the f**cling world ?

I watched the first couple on a dodgy stream ages ago and couldn’t find any more 

5 minutes ago, denisb said:

Is Wayne the YouTube exclusive that’s a bit like the end of the f**cling  ?

I watched the first couple on a dodgy stream ages ago and couldn’t find any more 

Yup that's the one.  Though it's not as otherworldly as EOTFW.

Wayne is great. It almost reminds me of a mash up between Malcolm In The Middle (the supporting characters are all very one dimensional but seem to fit together), Dexter for the violence and classic road movies. I love the head teacher but the twins are genuinely terrible. 

I'd recommend it, as others have.

Wayne reminds me of a young David Beckham.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ChristopherBloodAxe said:

'I care a lot' is super good. Peak Dinklage, prime Pike, neo noir type thing. 2 thumbs up.

it seems divisive, with most people from the reviews coming down on the side of it being utter shite (the camp I'm in).

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

it seems divisive, with most people from the reviews coming down on the side of it being utter shite (the camp I'm in).

I thought it was execrable, to be honest. Had two scenes where I thought the film had suddenly become fairly decent and was about to pick up, but nope. Forgettable straight-to-streaming rubbish.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds is an underrated disaster movie in the "Me Man, me flawed, but must protect me dysfunctional Family" genre.

It's pretty great until his son runs over the hill.  No one is that fucking stupid. His son certainly isn't until that point.  And then the rest of the family are beckoned into Tim Robbin's pedo cottage.  It quick succession it has two scenes that should be saying something about something but just come across as implausible and daft.

The film recovers a bit until they all end up together again, playing happy families in the world's most indestructible street. 

The Martian grass bit looked pretty great though.

The thing is, War of the Worlds is so daft anyway that it's easier to excuse some of the dafter bits in the overall romp.

I probably want a Greenland TV series. Set after they get out. Something like 3-6 episodes per series with each skipping maybe a year or two as we watch them rebuild a new colony with Greenland as the new super power.

2 hours ago, Benny said:

The Martian grass bit looked pretty great though.

The thing is, War of the Worlds is so daft anyway that it's easier to excuse some of the dafter bits in the overall romp.

The son completely ruins the movie for me. He is such a fucking twat

For any fans of the wonderful TV series Bosch, the seventh and final season is to air this year, but yesterday some good news was announced. There will be a spin-off show from the creative team of creator Eric Overmyer and author Michael Connelly staring Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz and will be shown on IMDb TV.

More details can be found here.

Binged the first six seasons of Bosch last year having previously avoided it as I didn't think it would do the books justice. I was clearly wrong and I can't imagine anyone other than Titus Welliver playing him now . I was disappointed that the next season would be the last so glad it has been picked up for a spinoff. I also think the relationship between Harry and Honey was one of the more interesting ones so lots of potential. 

1 hour ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Is it good then? Might give it a go... although the Harry Bosch I've always had in my head when reading the books looks nothing like Titus Williver. He always looked like Prof Robert Winston

That's what initially put me off. In the trailers, Titus was not the Harry I had imagined. Now I can't imagine him being anyone other than Titus. Give it a go - it's also fun seeing which books they have used in each of the seasons.

Binged the entirety of Vikings in the last 3 weeks. Really enjoyed it. 

Now I can back to my movie watching. Have so much to catch up on. 

Aquaman is now up. So far they’ve referenced Stingray, done a wide-angle one-shot action scene against ridiculous Stingray-esque fish troopers, and had an endearingly earnest scene where they show why talking to fish might not be lame. The logo was made of fish. This might actually be good?

On 05/03/2021 at 15:07, Ry said:

Binged the entirety of Vikings in the last 3 weeks. Really enjoyed it. 

Now I can back to my movie watching. Have so much to catch up on. 

Exactly what I have been doing this month.  Currently half way through season 3 and loving it.

On 12/03/2021 at 20:30, Alex W. said:

Aquaman is now up. So far they’ve referenced Stingray, done a wide-angle one-shot action scene against ridiculous Stingray-esque fish troopers, and had an endearingly earnest scene where they show why talking to fish might not be lame. The logo was made of fish. This might actually be good?

I dunno man. I am so split between it transcending the subject matter, or being irremediably shit. The trailer was all sorts of 'what the fuck?' and I'm still not sure which way to lean. Although I'm tending towards it being shit. Unless I watch it drunk.

OK, there's a plan. 

Bosch has become a running joke in our house because of the trailer they used to continually show, about a year back, with the lines, "That's above my pay grade", "That's above BOTH our pay grades!"

Anything that either of us are too lazy to do around the house is now "above both our pay grades!"

I don't think I could watch the show for fear of ruining our joke.

I recall watching the first season of Bosch in a tv dry spell a few years back and I was never sure if they were ironically subverting the genre and taking the piss out of every stiff written to the formula TV cop show by paying homage to the dire dialogue, plots and acting standards or whether it was just utter unimaginative terrible total shite. 

I ended up leaning towards the latter view quite heavily. 

• gospvg changed the title to Amazon Prime Video