rllmuk
Harsin

Amazon Prime Video

23 hours ago, sandman said:

Everyone who likes spy stuff should check out Treadstone. I'm loving it so far 

I’ve watched it all over the last week or so. It’s much better than I was expecting it to be.

I just noticed that Ari Aster's Midsommar is on Prime now. I never saw it in their recently added or any other featured list, presumably since they're bobbins. So you might not have either. EDIT: Yup, added yesterday according to justwatch.com. 

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

I just noticed that Ari Aster's Midsommar is on Prime now. I never saw it in their recently added or any other featured list, presumably since they're bobbins. So you might not have either. EDIT: Yup, added yesterday according to justwatch.com. 

You don't use justwatch.com first? 

To be fair to amazon, they sent me an email before it appeared on there because I already had it on a watchlist. They seem pretty good for that.

4 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

You don't use justwatch.com first? 

Yeah, but for some reason it started out filtered on most popular, not recently added, and it showed up near the top of that. And after I posted I checked the date of addition and yup, yesterday.

Funnily enough it appears on neither of Amazon's analogous lists. If I didn't use just watch I'd not have seen it was there at all. Not until Amazon's Algorithm Gerbil turned the wheel for another week or two.

On 25/02/2020 at 19:32, Professor Rob said:

I’ve watched it all over the last week or so. It’s much better than I was expecting it to be.

Just watched the first one - thought it was terrific. 

Midsommar already?! Seems really quick to appear on a streaming service.

I don't really like horror but Florence Pugh and Will Poulter are incredible talents so I may have to watch it through my fingers.

Now they've added the option to buy or rent movies to the app it's completely ruined browsing for me. On the XBox app you have to scroll for ages to get past  the channels and latest movies you have to pay for to get to what is actually included with Prime. I hope they give you the option to disable it at some point but I dount they will.

On 17/03/2020 at 16:41, grounded_dreams said:

We have a date for the sixth season of Bosch:

A trailer has just been revealed as well:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bosch is magnificent bullshit.  I fucking love it.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, ryodi said:

Now they've added the option to buy or rent movies to the app it's completely ruined browsing for me. On the XBox app you have to scroll for ages to get past  the channels and latest movies you have to pay for to get to what is actually included with Prime. I hope they give you the option to disable it at some point but I dount they will.

I ignore the console/tv app and use the tablet/mobile app to add films/tv shows to my watchlist. It’s much easier on the mobile apps to browse the catalogue.

Fucking Bosch!

I get way too carried away watching Bosch.

Its an absolute cheese fest but I love it anyway.

BOWWWWWSHHHHH!

• Upvote 1

Broad City is now on Prime, so roll up a fat one and enjoy mukkers!

• Upvote 6

What other American police dramas are there when I've finished Bosch? Not just on Prime. Something like The Shield, Southland

If you haven't seen it @pledge, seasons 1 to 6 of Justified are on Prime and that is a fantastic show.

I think the Shield is available on All4 but the ad breaks are very intrusive and annoying.

Also, if you have Sky or Nowtv, I would highly recommend Gomorrah. It's Italian with subs and is very very good.

• Upvote 2

They have added Mr T's 'World's Craziest Fools'. Just your usual 'you've been framed' clip show.

Only hosted by Mr T and therefore the best such clip show, ever.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, multi said:

If you haven't seen it @pledge, seasons 1 to 6 of Justified are on Prime and that is a fantastic show.

I think the Shield is available on All4 but the ad breaks are very intrusive and annoying.

Also, if you have Sky or Nowtv, I would highly recommend Gomorrah. It's Italian with subs and is very very good.

Yes, watched and liked all of these. I've seen most popular things from the 90s to 2020, so need something either new or less well known. Do older shows like NYPD Blue and Homicide still hold up?

Not a new thing but Stumbled across this mini series bikie wars:brothers in arms

its very good 

a true story about 2 rival motorcycle gangs in 80’s Australia 

6 hours ago, pledge said:

What other American police dramas are there when I've finished Bosch? Not just on Prime. Something like The Shield, Southland

Justified. The whole thing is on Prime.

• Upvote 3

@pledge again, if you liked Gomorrah, have you tried Suburra, blood on Rome on Netflix? There's the original movie and a spin off 2 season series. Both excellent but separate from each other. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ckny said:

Justified. The whole thing is on Prime.

Justified is absolutely fantastic.

• Upvote 1

I can highly recommend Samurai Marathon. It's highly entertaining stuff to while away a Sunday evening. Amazon seems to have buggered up the subtitle timings though for some reason, but it doesn't distract too much fortunately.