rllmuk
Harsin

Amazon Prime Video

On 06/11/2018 at 17:04, multiclunk said:

The Patriot is back on Friday!!

Loved the first season.

Watched the first two Homecomings last night, good start.

Also watched 'You Were Never Really Here' on Sunday. Good film. Quite mysterious, in a good way. Need to watch again to make sure I got it though.

I made a thread for Patriot as it's by far the best thing Amazon have put out, can't wait for the new series.

Anyone watched The Romanoff's? I was pretty strunk on Saturday when I started watching it and didn't realise until the second episode that they are basically stand alone 1.5 hour stories, I've quite enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd ones though I imagine it won't be to everyones taste, it's very slow.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Stanley said:

What the fuck is up with Amazon 4K content? You can't search for it and the category for it doesn't include all the content. With Netflix you don't have to do anything it just plays the content in 4K/HDR hassle free.

The best bit about it that a show like Grand Tour has the series on there twice, 4k version and HD version - if you search for 4K it will show GT as a result but select it and you get the HD version :blink:

Its like someone at the Sony UI development centre got fired and is doing the UI for Prime video and has somehow made a worse UI than Sony - it’s so bad it’s impressive!

• Upvote 2

On 15/10/2018 at 14:44, Gotters said:

The whole US office went up recently on UK amazon prime video - I had already seen on Netflix before they lost it and started again last night from season 2 (1 sticks a bit too close to the UK originals and hits it stride once it deviates I found).

It may be sacrilege to say it of such a sacred cow, and both shows are excellent (like Neil and Brent’s dances), but I think the US one is better.  

This is all I've been watching over the last few weeks up to series 6 now its so, so good.

"R" is the most menacing of sounds. That's why it's called Murder instead of Mukdek.

14 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

The best bit about it that a show like Grand Tour has the series on there twice, 4k version and HD version - if you search for 4K it will show GT as a result but select it and you get the HD version :blink:

Its like someone at the Sony UI development centre got fired and is doing the UI for Prime video and has somehow made a worse UI than Sony - it’s so bad it’s impressive!

It must be a cost-saving thing to bury 4K so deeply. Someone saw a spreadsheet about bandwidth expenditure and panicked.

I was well pissed off to find out there was a 4K version of Goliath S2 after I'd finished watching it.  Talk about hidden.   Took me half an hour to dig up the 4K version of Homecoming the other day. Still not sure exactly what I did.

1 hour ago, JPickford said:

I was well pissed off to find out there was a 4K version of Goliath S2 after I'd finished watching it.  Talk about hidden.   Took me half an hour to dig up the 4K version of Homecoming the other day. Still not sure exactly what I did.

I tried searching for Homecoming in 4k but all I got was Spiderman: Homecoming

Me either and I spent a good 10 minutes trying to find 4k Homecoming. It's ridiculously dumb when so many seem to have 4k tellies now.

Every now and again I get a 4k menu showing up but there is no consistency to it, I get a different set of menus every time I use it.

16 minutes ago, Jimmyzilla said:

It's easy to find stuff on my smart TV app, there's a 4k ultra HD section... 

I used to be able to find that and now I can't it's so fucking annoying!

30 minutes ago, Jimmyzilla said:

It's easy to find stuff on my smart TV app, there's a 4k ultra HD section... 

The issue is that it’s not in the same place next time you look and doesn’t have all the 4K content in that section - other than that it’s perfect...

I have a feeling they've removed 4K from the non-US Amazon, if you google The Romanoffs Ultra HD it brings up a link to the US site with a 4k version but the equivalent Brit version not UHD, fucking annoying I want to watch the new patriot in Ultra HD. I feel a complaint coming on.

Ok I finally found it, in the app when you go in there are some categories at the top of the screen, go to TV and select that, then it comes up. I was able to add Homecoming UHD after already watching 2 episodes. Before that I had tried searching with the awful on screen keyboard and none of the UHD tv shows came up, terrible!

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

There is no 4K section on my app on my TV, searching 4K brings up results, but they only play in 1080P not 4K. 

Keep scrolling down on the curated options, sometimes it’s third one down and other times hundredth scroll down but you get ‘prime 4k’ - searching doesn’t work :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Keep scrolling down on the curated options, sometimes it’s third one down and other times hundredth scroll down but you get ‘prime 4k’ - searching doesn’t work :facepalm:

I’ll give it a go. 

It is such a bad system 

• Empathy 1

Tried an experiment last night.

I have a Philips 4K Android TV and a Mii Box (4K version). The Prime Video app for some reason cannot be installed on either of these from the Play store, so it has to be sideloaded (not an uncommon problem).

I have the same version sideloaded on both (current apk from the nVidia Shield)

On the Mii Box, when I go to the TV section, I've scrolled all the way to the bottom and there is no Prime 4K section. But, I can watch any of the 4K shows that are already on my watchlist, in 4K/HDR I should add

On the TV however, I do have the 4K section!

I was able to add Homecoming from here to my watchlist and the 4K version shows up on the watchlist on the Mii Box

On my LG TV app it is also showing a 4K row now, third one down, rather than having to go down a dozen rows to click into the section. That has homecoming as the first entry too.

So this is an improvement but they've done this before and then removed it again.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Hey guys when watching the UHD versions on the tv app, if you pause does it say HDR 1080p in the bottom? 

mine says UHD, if I see 1080p it means the bandwidth has dropped and the resolution scaled back

• Upvote 1