rllmuk

Cricket Thread

14 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

No, not Jason Roy, Joe Root. Joe Root who is still batting, going well, and has scored four 50s and a hundred so far in the World Cup. :huh:

Sorry, flicking between rllmuk/bbc live feed.

Root has had a great WC, no way he will get dropped.

Root is the first English player to get over 500 in a world cup, like just now in this match. Definitely the ideal time to drop him then, sure. Our top order should only be people who can smash it out of the park, getting someone to last more than 20 overs is a waste of time. Sigh! 

I suppose on the plus side it's good to have casual fans getting into it, they might eventually learn something while enjoying themselves?

15 minutes ago, milko said:

I'm not convinced the Kiwi batting is all that, but given that we're talking England here it's absolutely possible. Good start getting rid of one first over.

Their openers are shite, it’s Williamson and Taylor I’m worried about.

6 minutes ago, Sirloin said:

Their openers are shite, it’s Williamson and Taylor I’m worried about.

Oh for sure, although Taylor can be a bit hit or miss. I just don't quite see them getting enough of the runs to carry the others, unless they really go off. Absolutely possible, and against someone more reliably competent than England I'd be even more confident that they won't do it.

ooh, not sure what the video umpire saw in that replay to make him think the bowler got a touch on that run out - looks harsh and not giving benefit of the doubt to the batsmen there, didn't even see the bowlers finger move when the ball went by.

12 minutes ago, Gotters said:

ooh, not sure what the video umpire saw in that replay to make him think the bowler got a touch on that run out - looks harsh and not giving benefit of the doubt to the batsmen there, didn't even see the bowlers finger move when the ball went by.

You what? I'm watching in Ultra Standard Definition through the shite Now TV app and I could still see the finger move.

1 hour ago, Sirloin said:

NZ to bat first. Brave decision. They badly need their openers to fire.

Yes and no, given how rarely anybody's successfully chased in the tournament so far. Tricky choice and not looking good for the first few overs!