IGNORED

Cricket Thread

Don Rosco

My 4-0 pre series prediction is on! 

It was nice to see Crawley look like a batter again. The team who play in Hobart should be interesting, based on what players are left standing. 

Ha, maybe I should predict that England won’t get a good result out of the Fifth Test then...

Sam Billings drove 500 miles to join up with the squad as injury cover, would be gutted for him if he missed out on selection.

such a good start too. Weird goings-on with Robinson, I noticed Root seemed to be having a bit of a dig about his fitness before this match and now he's done his back(?) and we're another bowler light.

Good response by the bowlers to get Australia three down for 34.  The problem is that the lead Australia finished on, 152, is more than enough already.  No way is this batting line-up getting to three figures in the second innings.

Earlier, a Woakes no-ball reprieved Carey on 19. That cost us 30 runs from Carey alone, and who knows how many in partnerships. I hope it doesn't prove costly. I feel like where I am in life currently* I need England to win this.

*Up early on a Sunday after a late Saturday night.

23 minutes ago, Sirloin said:

Worst Ashes collapse for 70 years. Jamming in new lows in the last Test, bravo England.

That's a crowded field as well.  That's like winning the Grand National when lined up against Red Rum, Desert Orchid, Black Beauty, Shadowfax, and Kitt from Knight Rider.