rllmuk
Don Rosco

Cricket Thread - The Ashes

They let the rate get out of hand when Ali came in from 38-45. Only one boundary those overs and it put too much pressure on. He needs some form with the bat or Woakes needs to come in ahead of him.

yes...and i think it would of or maybe affected buttlers mindset.

he either had to rotate strike like root...or go at it....ultimately nether really happened and we lost jos too.

Brilliant game of cricket, wow. I think I like watching Pakistan more than any other team. You just have no idea what the fuck is going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Gotters said:

you don't but the bookies do.

Pakistan’s runline the first innings was 100 short and England were 1.64 after 38 overs chasing. The odds were all over the place repeatedly. England were 1.3 before the first ball.

I think it will be abandoned so 1 point each which is a shame for Afghanistan.

On the BBC sports live feed

The position is that play has to resume by 17:51 BST or the match will be abandoned and it will be one point each.

I sometimes forget we have a cricket thread.

Really enjoying this tournament so far, though I guess with cricket every day it's hard not to enjoy it. Amazing how much the one day game has changed in my life.

South Africa are a sorry sight, I guess they're in between teams as it were.

You can’t replace players like Steyn and de Villiers easily that’s for sure. They are so dependent on de Kock and Amla firing and that hasn’t happened.

How old is Amla now? I don't know if it's fair but I mainly remember him as being shit hot in Test cricket several years ago, not particularly as a white ball destroyer.

They're not looking great but I suppose it was only four years ago that England were knocked out early with their tails between their legs - again - so things can turn quite quickly with the right setup.

7 hours ago, milko said:

How old is Amla now? I don't know if it's fair but I mainly remember him as being shit hot in Test cricket several years ago, not particularly as a white ball destroyer.

They're not looking great but I suppose it was only four years ago that England were knocked out early with their tails between their legs - again - so things can turn quite quickly with the right setup.

I'm sure that Amla was somewhere near the top of the ODI rankings five or so years ago. 

Letting the Aussies off the hook a bit here, but I think this is a good pitch and the Australians just got themselves into trouble.

3 hours ago, Sirloin said:

Starting to think the West Indies could actually win the World Cup.

I put a bet on them to win it when they played England back in the winter. They looked pretty good, and the odds were great. It may well have been after the first match, but I remember I got something like 16 to 1, but if I'd have placed it before it would've been nearer twice that because it came as a complete surprise how well they played. Regardless - it's great to see them in contention again - the sport is so much better with them doing well. Also great to have Curtly Ambrose on TMS. I could listen to him read the phone book. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, feltmonkey said:

Now I'm starting to think Australia will win the World Cup. That's an amazing recovery to get to 288.

I think it's simply that the Indies let them off the hook with a few dropped catches etc.

Those Aussie top order batsmen are gonna see a shitload of short-pitched deliveries from now on. I wonder if it'll end up having a bit of an implication for Ashes stuff too for a few of them.

not sure what I make of that, Chris Gayle given out twice in an over and both reviews show decisions incorrect

I like the review system and its working perfectly but umpire can't be feeling great about his quality of work

• Upvote 1